PDA

View Full Version : Got hit... need adivce

BiG_BoI_LuDe
10-08-2006, 02:28 PM
so last night I was going straight arcoss 52st from rundlehorn and 06 civic turning left from the opposite direction hit me behind the driver side door... I felt a bit of shock from the hit... lucky for me a cop turned rite before he did and 2 witness's stop and saw everything and helped out... I have lower lumbar support in my seat and when he hit me my body went towards the door but the lumbar stopped my hip and my body basically bent over my hip carh as if i was strechig to the side... I was feeling fine when it happend and about 3-4 hours later I was having discomfort sitting and standing in one place... also my shoulders felt like i was wearing a backpack with wieghts in it for about 3 hours.... just felt like there was a load on it....

today feels better but still sore back and shoulders.. not to the point where i can't move or anything but uncomfortable....

I called it in to my insurace company last night but there closed for the long weekend and i left a message...

the guy called me this morning and asked to settle out of insurance...

heres the thing.

1. My car is going to be written off...
2. rear Drv side wheel is bent pretty bad
3.rear passinger wheel is also bent from the hit.
4.quarter panel and bumper are pushed in...
5. it some how messes my wheel alignment... cause my wheel is now half turned when going straight...
6.. I do have back injuries but nothing major...

from what i've been told me couple different accident victims they really recoomending me to go get check because there could be injuries i don't know about and they don't always act up right away...

so the guy wasn't a dick or anything I don't want to be either but i'm really leaning towards insurance and what not...
plus I really don't how i'm going to settle it if i don't... not really trying to get rich out fo this... but my car is a 90 prelude... i can't almost quarantee its a write off.... and he wants to pay cash...

anyone here have any expirences with these situations???
or have and advice...

Cheeze
10-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I would atleast get the piece of mind of getting checked out. if in the future you have back problems that need therapy, itll be coming out of your pocket because you took the settlement. he will most likely have you sign something saying you wont go thry insurance when he settles with you, closing any future doors to treatment at anything other than your own expense

v2kai
10-08-2006, 02:49 PM
youre a dick! you money sucking bastard:guns: :guns: :guns:

:D just kidding go get massages from hot chicks. only take cash in large large amounts and get it checked and hurry up to a doctors dude. at least with a piece of paper u have the direction of which way to go. man u didnt even have the lude for a year...

FiveFreshFish
10-08-2006, 02:52 PM
DON'T settle out of insurance if you're injured.

2.2vtec
10-08-2006, 02:53 PM
But new laws say you can't get more then 4000 for personal injuries claim. Unless this guy give you money for your car and at least 3000 I would go through insurance. If this happened to you he would probably going through insurance, don't be such a nice guy.