PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur car

xcelr8
10-08-2006, 03:25 PM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1582/dsc00004ei7.th.jpg (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00004ei7.jpg)
http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/263/dsc000082ul6.th.jpg (http://img438.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc000082ul6.jpg)
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1873/dsc00010wf3.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00010wf3.jpg)

Well i saw this in the parking lot of chinook. I was driving by, and this spikey thing caught my eye. When i stopped... :eek:
The side mirrors and the interior dash was covered in green fur. Hahaha

Is that even legal to drive?

I give two thumbs up for the creativity :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
10-08-2006, 03:36 PM
hahahah I see that thing all over...I always wonder though if he takes "the" deerfoot in that thing...I would be worried of being behind him when one of those spikes flies off...haha...

jacelin
10-08-2006, 09:42 PM
!:eek: sweet car!
that would catch my eye too

husler12
10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
i always see that car!!!

Beanie_baby
10-09-2006, 12:08 AM
WEIRD!!! I saw a car just like that a couple months at pick n pull. It was identical!

Freestylin
10-09-2006, 12:18 AM
is that the new Type-R?

Vietsta
10-09-2006, 12:21 AM
i seen this parked outside of canadian tire haha. that thing is sweet

The Cosworth
10-09-2006, 12:33 AM
i like the FF seat covers

99atlantic
10-09-2006, 12:47 AM
I've seen him driving on deerfoot (right before it splits off to the left and right (left goign towards mckenzie, right towards south centre) and parked in south centre.

That thing fvcking ROCKS.

99atlantic
10-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
hahahah I see that thing all over...I always wonder though if he takes "the" deerfoot in that thing...I would be worried of being behind him when one of those spikes flies off...haha...

I've seen him numerous times on Deerfoot during rush hour.......and when traffic isn't stopped he actually moves at a decent speed going towards McKenzie.

RandomAnything
10-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I see this car every morning... At about 9 am i pass him going east on 16 th... and no I am not stalking him :rolleyes:

Is this car advertising a company or something or just for shits and giggles????

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Guy just came into my work... was talking to him, showed him this thread, apparently, he painted it himself... paid 900 for the car...

Supa Dexta
12-21-2006, 07:30 PM
That cant be legal on the bumper.. creative or not I'd rather the cops go after shit like that, then tint on windows or something... :dunno:

Whitetiger
12-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Is he Japanese???

:bigpimp: Total chick magnet though :thumbsup:

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Nope, he's white

Whitetiger
12-21-2006, 09:53 PM
:werd: :clap: all props 2 him for being such a :bigpimp:

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
That cant be legal on the bumper.. creative or not I'd rather the cops go after shit like that, then tint on windows or something... :dunno:

apparently they are the noodles shaved down or something like that... then hardened with a glue called "goop".

GT-R rated
12-23-2006, 01:38 PM
inspired by Tokyo Drift????:dunno:
but seriously, mad props to that guy

KuruptEX
12-25-2006, 02:44 AM
omg thats fucking awesome mad propz

Skaught
12-27-2006, 04:34 PM
To answer several questions:

1. I am the designer and owner of the Frankenfly 1 (RIP 2005)
2. It was scrapped last year (Pick and Pull) after the tranny burst into flames leaving a trail of flame, tranny fluid and smoke so thick it stopped traffic on 10th Ave SW. It needed an engine rebuild too and was just not worth the effort.
3. After the fun my friends and I had with the Frankenfly 1 My good friend Anymouse bought a turbo sprint and we created the Frankenfly II. He deserves a great deal of credit for his help with the original and his leadership the FF II.

Frankenfly I had wooden roof spikes and a slightly different paint job and no fun fur. When we built the II we decided on a 100% foam construction to avoid issues with the po-po. It is made with Wal-Mart pool noodles (round and flat style) and about $100 worth of GOOP glue. The fur is half what I had lying around my shop and the rest came from Fabricland. The seat covers are also Wal-mart and have F F emroidered on them. Supposed to be Fast and the Furious but we think it actually means FrankenFly. It also features matching cushions on the back fun fur "sofa" and 2 ikea rats that will sometimes get stuck to the roof in the summer.

In the spring we are planning more fun fur, a few more roof spikes and would really like a whole ton of lights. But lights tend to attract trouble.

It also has black lights inside but we do not use them to avoid afformentioned stunting tickets.

I was never hassled in the FF I by police but got a few laughs (usually male cops) and a few scowls(usually female cops) .

Anymouse has been pulled over a few times. the first time they made us move the plate onto the tail. The second time the cop just scratched his head and sent us on our way. The third time just happened last week. A stupid MD of Rockyview Cop pulled him over in Conrich and threatened him with a stunting ticket and impound (the car has been on the road for 6 motnhs now). He talked his way down to a speeding ticket and he had to install a new license plate bracket and light and the cop dropped the stunting ticket.

I have pics and video of the construction process of both cars. I will dig them up and post em.

The FF1 was $300 in the bargain finder and the FFII was $900 (the turbo was so worth it)

The two cars have been a constant source of entertainment. We get reactions ranging from hugs from cute girls on the street (my wife loves that one . . .) to people who look utterly disgusted. It really says more about the people looking at it than it does about us.

In the FF I we pulled up to a woman in a convertable Jag. She had her Kid in the passenger seat and it was obvious the kid thought the FF was way cooler than the jag. The mom was not impressed.

We have piles of stories like that. It makes driving so much more fun and it is really hard for people to cut off a car that looks like that in traffic.

It was originally inspired by the movie DeathRace 2000 (and some Wild Rose beer) but grew into something of it's own. It has been on the news a few times too.

I have purchased a 86 VW Jetta diesel as my summer car that will run on Vegiie oil and become a FrankenWagen. I have not yet been inspired as to what animal a jetta looks like though. The leading contenders are bear/wolverine, scorpion/lobster or a non-animal, maybe a pirate ship.

Skaught
12-27-2006, 04:39 PM
http://uea.ca/viewphoto.php?photo_id=-1&setuse=1&setfolder=592&setval=0
The FFII is built in our shop at work. (pics taken by anymouse, I am in the pics.)

FFI the day after we finished it in 2005 behind my garage.
http://uea.ca/viewphoto.php?photo_id=8803

Skaught
12-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by 99atlantic

I've seen him numerous times on Deerfoot during rush hour.......and when traffic isn't stopped he actually moves at a decent speed going towards McKenzie.

The Turbo HAULS. The first time I drove it got a ticket in under 45 seconds of pulling out of princess Auto.

I was used to my non-turbo firefly that did 0-60 in never. 55 was the fastest I got it to.

The FFII with a turbo can bury the needle without trying. Allthough the spikes start to wobble at about 150km/hr.

Skaught
12-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by RandomAnything
I see this car every morning... At about 9 am i pass him going east on 16 th... and no I am not stalking him :rolleyes:

Is this car advertising a company or something or just for shits and giggles????

Shits and giggles 100%

(strange you use that phrase, it is the same one I use when we meet people)

Mr_ET
12-27-2006, 04:57 PM
ghetto fabulous!!!!!!

Anymouse
12-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the comments!

I do love driving that car, everyone waves and smiles. Our office is right near a cop shop, and I've never had any trouble - I've even had some cops smile and wave.

When I was pulled over by the MD cop, they spent about 45 min trying to find something wrong with it, and all I got (aside from the speeding ticket) was a Traffic Violation Notice and an $11.50 fine for "license plate not securely attached. license plate not illuminated". The cop said I would have to take the tail off, but instead I built a new license plate bracket for it, so the plate isn't just hanging off the tail anymore, and it has a light for the license plate now. I took it in to them and they signed off on the notice, they were happy with the new bracket and the tail could stay.

As for the fangs, spikes, or even the tail - there's no specific traffic law prohibiting it, although if they wanted they could always charge stunting ("distracting to drivers"). So far, everyone's had a good sense of humour about it : )

Also wanted to mention that in the link Skaught posted:
http://uea.ca/viewphoto.php?photo_i...92&setval=0

If you keep clicking the 'next' link, you can some photos of us putting it all together.

l8braker
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Nice ride :bigpimp:

QuasarCav
01-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I live in the Condo's on 8th Street, I see you all the time.

lilmira
01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
:rofl:

We need more people like you guys in the city. It's way too boring here. Keep up the good work.

So on the ticket, what did the cop write down for model and make? Dino?

Anymouse
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks! It's a ton of fun, and a great use for a cheap old car.

Oddly enough, he wrote down

CHEVROLET 1989 RED

I guess he looked up the insurance and copied what it said on there (it was originally red).

It's fun explaining it to tow truck drivers or whatnot ("yeah, it's on the side of deerfoot", "what colour is it?", "uhh.. green with spikes and fangs")

lilmira
01-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Haha, reminds me of this "They are driving an 84.....Sheepdog"

I wouldn't be mad if I am stuck behind your car for sure. Great solution to road rage.

scat19
01-07-2007, 10:02 PM
:thumbsup: