PDA

View Full Version : intro

szw
07-17-2002, 01:17 PM
So this is where everyone went...took me a while to get here.

anyways most of you don't know me so...hello

-Sean

boi-alien
07-17-2002, 01:17 PM
welcome aboard....

edit: whoops! i must be drunk or something, i coulda sworn i saw it in the car section... heheh sorry :D

szw
07-17-2002, 01:22 PM
Lounge
Off-Topic Discussions, New member introductions, etc.

????

:bigpimp: <--this guy is cool

Ed the SOHC
07-17-2002, 01:27 PM
welcome!

gpomp
07-17-2002, 01:34 PM
Hi Sean, took you long enough to find this site.

szw
07-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Someone coulda told me!

everytime i needed help with something i posted on abcars and nobody would answer. hah

oh yeah, speaking of which...
anybody know if you can get PST refunded or avoid paying it when buying a new car in another province, and registering it in AB?

sexualbanana
07-17-2002, 01:44 PM
i heard u can get the bill sent to ur house, then pay for it from there, so all u have to do is pick it up without paying pst

szw
07-17-2002, 01:49 PM
What if I need to finance it?

kenny
07-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by szw
oh yeah, speaking of which...
anybody know if you can get PST refunded or avoid paying it when buying a new car in another province, and registering it in AB?

It depends which province, I know for British Columbia, you CANNOT get a refund for PST if the good/service was delivered to you in BC.

Also, I don't think PST refunds are available for Canadians, even if you are a visitor from outside the province. From the stuff I have read, it seems that PST refunds (and GST refunds) are only available for non residents of Canada.

If the PST is a sizeable chunk of coin, I would suggest contacting the provincial government where you are planning to buy the car, and asking them.