PDA

View Full Version : Audi, BMW or Mercedes?

Gondi Stylez
10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Which one would you choose and why?

My pick would be Audi. Great quality and reliability, the BEST interiors bar none, AWD, look awesome and WAY WAY more car for your money!

Euro///Tuned
10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

My pick would be Audi. Great quality and reliability, the BEST interiors bar none, AWD, look awesome and WAY WAY more car for your money!

:werd:
I agree with you on everything you said except reliability.

Weapon_R
10-08-2006, 06:21 PM
haha reliability and VW should never be in the same sentence.

xrayvsn
10-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Audi is the least reliable of the 3... Everyone I know who owned an Audi recently would not get one again because of all the issues they had.

Gondi Stylez
10-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I too agree with that but from the past reviews I have been reading about the non-turbo A4's in particular (ie. 3.0L) the relability has been really good. The way the engine has been made has very few issues and I think long term this looks good! But I guess after a little while with my A4 i'll find out if this "new engine configuration" is more reliable.

euro_racer
10-08-2006, 07:01 PM
owned 3 audi's soo far and never again

id say MB :thumbsup:

retro-steve
10-08-2006, 07:04 PM
BMW...performance and luxury mixed into one. would take a new 3 series over an A4 or c-class any day

nismodrifter
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Welcome to club VAG yo.

Time to get some $$$$$$$$$$$$ 19's and drop the shit out of it.

infected
10-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Hard to say, the new S-class is starting to grow on me...:drool:

A790
10-08-2006, 07:42 PM
BMW, just because the last gen of the 3 series is pure sex.

FiveFreshFish
10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Audi makes the best looking wagons. The S3 would be my pick if it was available here.

That said, I sold my S4 and got an M3.

ICEBERG
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I have the Audi RS4 on the way so i can't give any reviews on it yet. We had couple BMW's in our house hold which where very good cars. My wife still drives the X3 and it is great.

I had MB's and had lot of problems with them. Our ML was in the shop more than my wife drove it. The C230 also had lot of problems with blown head gasket and lot more to list.

So as it stands right now i will say BMW. But when my audi comes in that might change.;)

VWEvo
10-08-2006, 09:15 PM
I would go with Audi!!!

I never had issues with my 2003 A4!!!

A2VR6
10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Haven driven cars from all three makes, I'd have to say BMW. In my opinion BMW's give you the best driving experience. The steering has great feedback, the tranny is smooth, and it superbly. The ride is firm but yet comfortable, and theres a good balance of power. Sure the latest designs are the best to look at, but dynamically I still think BMW is the best when compared to Audi or MB.

Weapon_R
10-08-2006, 09:22 PM
I think BMW and Mercedes is the cream of the crop for luxury automobiles, with the edge going to Mercedes. Then again, you don't have any criteria for us to compare so its hard to make a complete generalization.

Gondi Stylez
10-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
Welcome to club VAG yo.

Time to get some $$$$$$$$$$$$ 19's and drop the shit out of it.

thanks hommie! thats the plan so far, but now $$ is tight! ;)

Originally posted by ICEBERG
I have the Audi RS4 on the way so i can't give any reviews on it yet.

*SNIP*

So as it stands right now i will say BMW. But when my audi comes in that might change.;)

:drool: RS4 :drool:

Originally posted by VWEvo
I would go with Audi!!!

I never had issues with my 2003 A4!!!

I hope to have the same luck as you... newer body style = better reliability! hahaha so far that seems to be the trend with the A4's!

Originally posted by Weapon_R
I think BMW and Mercedes is the cream of the crop for luxury automobiles, with the edge going to Mercedes. Then again, you don't have any criteria for us to compare so its hard to make a complete generalization.

Fair enough. So let us compare the entry level cars for each of the makers:

Audi = A4 (1.8 T and 3.0)
BMW = 3 Series
MB = C240

The 3 Series is often used as the bench mark but I think for the amount of time the A4 has been around in comparison to the 3 Series and the C-Class I wouldn't be surprised to see Audi make a name for themselves in this respect.

If the S4, RS4, R8 and Q7 are any indication of their direction then I think within 7-10 years Audi will be $$!

Aleks
10-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Got any pics of your car? ^

Always liked the 02-05 A4 body style.

Gondi Stylez
10-09-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
Got any pics of your car? ^

Always liked the 02-05 A4 body style.

Here is a teaser pic for now until I can take some better pics next weekend! This is with my camera phone!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/Gondi_Stylez/DSC00319.jpg

scat19
10-10-2006, 12:37 AM
bmw ftw

PrezeS_PL
10-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
I have the Audi RS4 on the way so i can't give any reviews on it yet. We had couple BMW's in our house hold which where very good cars. My wife still drives the X3 and it is great.

I had MB's and had lot of problems with them. Our ML was in the shop more than my wife drove it. The C230 also had lot of problems with blown head gasket and lot more to list.

that's because MB builds their cars in US, ML has really bad rep
I know Toyota dose it too (builds in US) but the Dodge-people don't touch them and that's the difference :D

I like Audi, interior is great but there is something spooky about these cars maybe the bad rep for reliability the cars had in past or the unkindly coments about service VW gets from the costumers.

BMW :thumbsup:

ZorroAMG
10-10-2006, 01:06 AM
^^ uh, get your facts straight before posting BS...the only MB's built in the states are the ML and GL(possibly R class) and they are not built in Chrysler plants or anywhere near dodges.

slk,sl,c,e,cls,s,cl,slr,b,a,g are all made in Germany

:banghead:

PrezeS_PL
10-10-2006, 08:02 AM
that was sarcastic that's why I wrote dodge and not Chrysler-Daimler and that's why we just converted the sprinter back to MB with the proper grill, emblems and wheel covers to separate it from the Dodge people, after all its made in Germany.
I know its mostly SUV's that are made in US - it wouldn't made a sense to set a factory to build cars that are selling in low numbers.

Sprinter
10-10-2006, 08:12 AM
It's just recently that i've grown to like Audi's, but i'd have to say that overall bimmers would get my vote out of the 3.

I myself would pick an A4 over a 3 series, but thats disregarding the reliability issues Audi had for the past couple of yrs.

Mitsu3000gt
10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
None of the big 3 german manufactuers are ever at the top of the problems per 100 cars list, but I do believe there is a reason for that. If you have a minor electrical problem, or perhaps a pixel burn out on the dash, that counts as a problem. If your tranny explodes or your engine blows a head gasket, thats one problem as well, but obviously one far more severe. They have so many gadgets and features that alot of the minor stuff breaks, but german drivetrains are generally rock solid, and IMO they are screwed together better than anything else on the road.

I have a 2000 S4, which some would say to be one of the least reliable Audi's, and for as long as I've owned it (little over 2 years) I have not had a single problem with it, and only done routine maitenence to it like oil changes and the scheduled service. My dad has a 540i, and has never had to do anything to it either except change the oil and put gas in it. I also have friends with jettas, an Audi TT, and old Audi 9000 and several others and they havent had a single problem other than routine maitenence. I don't know why some people have such bad luck with them but they've always treated my family and the people I know who also own them well.

HillBilly
10-10-2006, 08:53 AM
BMW 3 series. No question.

The Merc C class feels way smaller then a 3, and the Audi just doesn't have the sex appeal of the other two.

aram1000
10-10-2006, 09:01 AM
of the three, for me it would come down to bmw or a benz, seeing as we are comparing 3 series to a c240 i would go with the 3 series. However, I would take a C32 AMG any day of the week. I like audi style, but again, their reputation for reliability makes me shy away.

HRD2PLZ
10-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Between those 3 I am definitely a MB fan. Audi/VW just doesn't do it for me, although lately they have been coming out with some designs that appeal a little more to me. The new styling for BMW is a little to wild for me. I like the pure class of the Benz. However flawed their recent reliability *may* be.

spyce
10-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Id probably go for BMW. But it always changes for me. Used to like Audi's the best and I guess I would tie it with BMW right now. But now I have this thing for MB. I really like their styling!

Xtrema
10-10-2006, 10:30 AM
By the numbers, all European sucks on the reliability.

So far, from my friends' experience is that don't keep them beyond warranty period.

It's either pixel death or chasing electrical gremlins. But no major mechanical problems (Except the chipped 1.8Ts).

doublepostwhore
10-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Audi hands down.

JordanLotoski
10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
I have had MB and bmw, never an audi...Id go BMW hands down...

ZorroAMG
10-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
Audi hands down.

MOST EFFECTIVE POST EVAARRR! :rolleyes:

Care to be more specific as to why, or do you just get a hardon while being blinded by the four rings....

scat19
10-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

MOST EFFECTIVE POST EVAARRR! :rolleyes:

Care to be more specific as to why, or do you just get a hardon while being blinded by the four rings....

I will back up mine too then as you seem to have missed my comment of "bmw ftw"

Great handling, great qaulity, smooth Inline 6 engines, great ride and a great name.

Gondi Stylez
10-11-2006, 01:22 AM
http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/tophundred.html?apc=3128339010848601

Zephyr
10-11-2006, 02:33 AM
man..bmw all the way...working on a B5 Audi..omg i wanted to cry. no wonder dealers charge up the ass for labor..

statick
10-11-2006, 05:28 AM
If we're talking brand new cars, I'd have to go with a BMW, as they give you a lot for your money (relative performance, luxury, and most importantly reliability). However, I'd take a pre-merger Benz over just about any car.

Mitsu3000gt
10-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/tophundred.html?apc=3128339010848601

Audi is #30 on that list, 35 spots better than a BMW 3 series. I still cannot understand why so many people think their unreliable - obviously some have to be I guess or nobody would think that.

Gondi Stylez
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Audi is #30 on that list, 35 spots better than a BMW 3 series. I still cannot understand why so many people think their unreliable - obviously some have to be I guess or nobody would think that.

:thumbsup:

plus b6 a4 >>> e90 3 series

rs4 >>> e90 m3/m5

:bigpimp: