PDA

View Full Version : Long Way Round

eb0i
10-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Anyone watch this yesterday on OLN? Ewan MacGregor (Obi-wan, Moulin Rouge, etc.) and his friend Charlie go the long way round to get from London to New York on 2 motorbikes. The show is pretty interesting cuz you get to see them go through the most desolate places in the world (e.g. Mongolia) and how tough a trip it really is.

The funniest part of the show was that they encountered the worst drivers when they were in Calgary! Ewan got rear ended, and his buddy Charlie got pushed over by another car (tipping his bike into Ewan) waiting at an intersection downtown!

Site: http://www.longwayround.com/lwr.php

Supa Dexta
10-09-2006, 03:09 PM
This is old news.. It was filmed in '04, and this is probably the 4th time oln has run the show.. Either way it's great, I bought the dvd set... Would have been one hell of a trip, and would show you what your made of....

:)

eb0i
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh man really? I didn't catch the date it was done on. I guess I should have checked the site a little bit more carefully. But I definitely would love to do a trip like this too. However I don't think I'd do it with a bike, maybe 4x4.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Charlie attempted another similar trip by doing the Dakar rally in Jan. 2006, but bowed out after breaking his hand on Day 5.