PDA

View Full Version : best download software

asp integra
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
im just wondering what the best program for downloading music/movies is, i had limewire on my other computer but there were so many viruses, and i have a new laptop that i want to try to keep as virus free as possible, any suggestions, also the faster and better quality the download the better, thanks

Ramdawg
10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I use to use limewire a lot but now torrents are the way to go. Just download a good torrent downloader, like bit lord, or bit torrent and then you can download torrents from any of the millions of sites. my personal favorite it www.torrentspy.com

riceeater
10-09-2006, 03:28 PM
get azureus, then use either www.torrentspy.com, or www.isohunt.com, or www.mininova.org to search and download files

you're not gonna believe how cool it is.... there is always just one or two download links for each thing, so everyone shares the same file so the speeds can get ridiculously high... i've had my overall download speed at over 800kb/s many time... not only this, but its always the proper file, with no bullshit, otherwise it just gets erased or no one shares it. torrents are definately the best thing so far

johnny0214
10-09-2006, 03:32 PM
torrents are good. for single songs i usually use bearshare lite. almost like limewire, but i find it alot better.

FiveFreshFish
10-09-2006, 03:47 PM
http://bitlord.com/

kerry
10-09-2006, 11:40 PM
limewire pro apparently will search Bearshare as well....