PDA

View Full Version : saddledome beer

Supa Dexta
10-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Anyone been to the dome in the last week? Beer taste different than usual? Better? same? worse?..

Just asking, to see if anyone noticed some change....

88CRX
10-09-2006, 07:39 PM
couple times last season it tasted like bacon :rofl:

Supa Dexta
10-09-2006, 07:40 PM
ha.. Oh I know all about it, thats why I'd like to get some opinions from ppl that have been there in the past week.. theres been some changes.....

EK 2.0
10-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
couple times last season it tasted like bacon :rofl:

mmmmmm...bacon beer...:drool:

88CRX
10-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
ha.. Oh I know all about it, thats why I'd like to get some opinions from ppl that have been there in the past week.. theres been some changes.....

I got pretty pissed off it on Saturday night.... so yea, it still does the trick..... yummmmm..... heroin beer :drool:

l8braker
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM
It's still heroin beer :goflames:

gpede
10-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Water to me

retro-steve
10-09-2006, 08:06 PM
no change in the club, always real beer there, although it's still molson crap.

DeeK
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
I could neve justify paying $6.25 for a half a cup of domefoam.

However, when the company pays for it its all good :D But I was there two weeks ago and it was fine to me...

Kobe
10-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by DeeK
I could neve justify paying $6.25 for a half a cup of domefoam.

However, when the company pays for it its all good :D But I was there two weeks ago and it was fine to me...

6.75 today i think

googe
10-09-2006, 10:44 PM
most people think saddledome beer is a ripoff cause its expensive, but what they dont realize is the chemicals in the lines mess you up so bad you only need a few and youre feeling it so its actually less expensive :rofl:

kerry
10-09-2006, 11:48 PM
I love saddledome beer

thinmyster
10-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
spill it what changes?

Kobe
10-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster

spill it what changes?

I dunno seemed pretty good to me tonight.. was pretty wired after 2 of them...
after a few more i was set

dodger97
10-10-2006, 12:38 AM
The chemicals used to clean the lines are supposed to be food safe...but who knows. Also there are enzymes added to draft beer that are also supposed to aid in pouring it. Sick...that's what attributes to the "draft" hangover.:barf:

FiveFreshFish
10-10-2006, 01:19 AM
^^^ How often do they flush the lines?

dodger97
10-10-2006, 01:25 AM
^^^Back in my days of working there...the beer boys cleaned the lines every third event...depending on the frequency of events - roughly once a week.

But when you think about the distance the draft has to travel through synthetic lines - it does alter the taste, chemicals or not. It's like pouring beer through a garden hose - yuck.

SI_futbol
10-10-2006, 02:39 AM
i'm over it.

7thgenvic
10-10-2006, 02:54 AM
haven't had it yet. but over the years its done the trick in helping me not remember my night :)

heavyD
10-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Why don't you just get the canned beer?:confused: It's cheaper at the dome and it's real beer. I haven't had their draft for years.

Supa Dexta
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Alright, here it goes.. not bad mouthing them, just layin it out there.. A company was recently called in by molson to clean the lines. The saddle dome didn't want them there, as they had their own guys on staff that were 'sposed to be "cleaning" the lines (what they're version of cleaning is, well I have no vlue) And they even made it hard on a couple of the guys at times, for them to get their work done, as they were taking their jobs...

Well its no secret in town that beer was nasty.. So anyways, everything got done, something like 180 lines in total (all the stands, portables units.. etc), and some of them were pretty damn gross.. they should be a hell of a lot better then they were, and to put all the myths to rest, it is real beer, either canadian, coors or rickards, real kegs, nothing added, nothing being passed off for molson products (beit winchester or black lable, aka the cheap shit) so it is real kegs of what they claim to be, and they are a ton better this week.. Also no funny gasses pushing it either, c02, beer gas, or air compressors, same as every other bar in town... Who knows what will happen in the future, that may be on molsons desk right now, as to what will happen. But you can feel a bit safer this week anyways... At the end of the day, the lines are as old as hell, so look forward to a new dome and new beer system...

HoisinSauce
10-10-2006, 08:14 PM
are the concession stand at sport check zone pump directly from the keg (like beer is underneath or behind the concession) or using a long ass line from the basement?

dennisaur
10-10-2006, 10:12 PM
i love saddledome beer. yeah yeah chemicals this and that but the fact of the matter is that their brew gets me loaded good.:thumbsup:

msommers
10-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by dodger97
The chemicals used to clean the lines are supposed to be food safe...but who knows. Also there are enzymes added to draft beer that are also supposed to aid in pouring it. Sick...that's what attributes to the "draft" hangover.:barf:

Draft always come back with a vengence in the morning. Same with cowboys draft, uhhh. Does the trick though for cheap so w.e!

ashee
10-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Cowboys draft is baaaddd, gauranteed hang over every time

Lo)2enz0
10-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ashee
Cowboys draft is baaaddd, gauranteed hang over every time

lol thats just garbage beer, everyone knows that. but we all drink it cause it gets you drunk for $20

DoubleLP
10-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

lol thats just garbage beer, everyone knows that. but we all drink it cause it gets you drunk for $20

Doesn't matter anymore now.....Cowboys is going "bye bye" at the end of the month.

rinny
10-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I had the beer at the Chilli Pepper's concert. 4 or 6 of them actually, cant really remember. Didnt have a problem whatsoever and thought it tasted pretty good.

HuMz
10-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Cowboy's is closing in a month...I didn't even know that how come?

dino_martini
10-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by gpede
Water to me

Was at The Who last week... word.

dino_martini
10-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
Cowboy's is closing in a month...I didn't even know that how come?

Brand new sky scrapers. All of Penny Lane and all that is being torn down for the new towers.

Supa Dexta
10-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by HoisinSauce
are the concession stand at sport check zone pump directly from the keg (like beer is underneath or behind the concession) or using a long ass line from the basement?

The ones I think you are talking about, are pumped from coolers a floor below, theres actually 9 large walk-in coolers or more there, for beer alone...

kerry
10-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Why does Saddledome beer fuck you up?
Is there chemicals in the lines?

thrasher22
10-16-2006, 09:53 PM
^^ have you read any of the posts?:confused:
to summerize, yes

n1zm0
10-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by B16EM1

maybe thats the case with monday night schooners at Dixon's, you get wrecked fast, or maybe it's a Monday night thing :dunno: (work/school all day w/e) or maybe the sheer size of the glass

dodger97
10-17-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by B16EM1

Yup...Yup and yup...try draft at any bar and not the same end result as at the S/D:eek:

No matter what anyone else states...I know the Dome and they use "enzymes" to pump the beer...yuck and hangover:barf:

Kavy
10-21-2006, 11:06 PM
When I inquired as to the reason behind the "super beer" when i was there installing printers last year I was told the reason was because the beer had to be pushed up by NO2 as opposed to CO2 because of the extreme distance, No2 oxygenizes the beer more and makes the alcohol be absorbed into the blood easier.

Now I have no clue if this was just an ass telling me a story there but I do admit that 4 saddy beers hit HARD.