PDA

View Full Version : Flat tire??!?

IDiOM
04-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Hey All;

So myself and a buddy are heading out for coffee last night at about 11:45pm in Edmonton. We are driving from St. Albert into Edmonton down 170 St. We came to a red light and hadda stop. heh. We see this little Volkswagon Golf parked on the side of the road with its 4-way's on. I asked my buddy, you think we should stop and see if this person needs a hand with anything or a cell phone to call somebody at least? He's like, sure.. So we pull over in front of it a short ways, we could see a tire sitting on the side of the grass there beside the car, so my buddy jumps out of my truck and heads towards the vw. I put the truck in park and headed over there myself. I get half way there and my buddy says 'Well. Its not a flat tire like we thought'. I was like, uhhh. Well, why is the tire off then?

I get closer, and see the tire, on the grass, with the rim, and the whole brake assembly in it. I was like.. wtf.. Dood is standing there, and the whole tire and brake assembly just fell off while he was driving. There was only a nub sticking out where the read drums should have been. heh. I felt bad for the guy. We stuck around until the doods dad (or sombody he had already called) showed up to help him out, then we split.

Craziest thing I have seen in a while.

heh, one of our buddies is a diehard VW dood, so we bugged him about it all night long. ;)

Heh, just kinda crazy. Unfortunately, we didn't have a digi cam on us. :(

finboy
04-30-2003, 04:16 PM
ug, sounds like something that would happen to my jetta.

had my axle fall out once, still isn't as bad though.

chrisgushue
04-30-2003, 04:26 PM
ouch thats gotta suck, is that your truck in the sig idiom? if so nice ride

DUBBED
04-30-2003, 04:33 PM
yeah no doubt nice ride...

but fuck im hoping my dub doesnt fall apart on my like that... id be screwed...:banghead:

Ajay
04-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Yah I really like that truck!

Looks sweet!

IDiOM
05-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Hey All;

Yeah, it is my truck, but my sig pic is photoshopped. The rims arent that big, and its not that low yet. :(

Here is my truck. As it sits today. (http://auto.indifferent.ca/index.php?subdir=/2000%20GMC%20Sonoma/2003-04%20Spring%20Cleaning)

And here is a few photo chops I did. (http://auto.indifferent.ca/index.php?subdir=/PhotoChops)

Mckenzie
05-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Thats the most brutal thing I have ever heard. :thumbsdow

Ben
05-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Yeah, when a wheel falls off its never a good thing.

chrisgushue
05-01-2003, 08:23 PM
drop it than it looks tite haha:burnout:

IDiOM
05-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Hey;

Hahaha. Yeah. I am actually going to drop it 2/3 pretty soon, and then bag in a bit off in the future. ;)

Thanks!

core_upt
05-02-2003, 12:34 PM
the same thiong happened to me when I went on tour with my band a few years ago. We were an hour east of Winnipeg in our huge 84 GMC cargo van when our front passenger wheel flew off and we skidded down the trans Canada to a stop from a 130km/h on a brake rotor! Scariest thing in my life! Kinda funny now though.