PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question

T78Supra1
10-11-2006, 09:53 AM
I am looking for new Coil overs for my Supra. I have heard allot of Negative things about Teins. The Top Secert Ones Get Awesome Reviews, but they are pricey.
I have heard allot of good things about Ksport and HKS. Anyone here running these suspension set ups?

qrankz
10-11-2006, 10:10 AM
You can also look into JIC Magic.

rage2
10-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Why don't you choose based on what you want to do with the car instead of by brand name?

artericx
10-11-2006, 10:44 AM
I have worked with a couple sets of the Ksports. They are pretty good and the price is even better. Tein is good, but I personally think they are over rated.

Mitsu3000gt
10-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Why don't you choose based on what you want to do with the car instead of by brand name?

:werd:

hoamic11
10-11-2006, 12:45 PM
STRD sellings Tein's mainly from what i hear, why not check with them, even tho they might be baised b/c they sell em, AJ racing says they are crap

Lo)2enz0
10-11-2006, 12:59 PM
jic is crap, all the 240sx guys hate them. i don't have any experience but just from what i have heard

ksport, well cheap but if your looking for nice coils there is more out there

tein is an awsome company, minus that they rust during the winter but i am sure the supra won't be outside

tanabe, can't wait to try mine out. a guy i know has the same ones and they are just an awsome ride and great for track/drifting

megan, probably the best affordable coilovers out there. never heard a bad thing about them

don't know anything about hks

T78Supra1
10-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks for all your guy's help.

The reason i chose to go brand name is the mere fact that all these companies have shocks for every application.

Top Secret----Competes Global in drifting, circuit and drag same with Tein, hks, and k sport.
So i am trying to find the best overal company and then go from thier.

If it wasn't about the cost issue it would be Top Secret hands down. But Ksport is looking really good the more i research them.

Ca_Silvia13
10-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Why not look into GAB, i have em' and there great. Wicked dampening (6-way adj.) and i have no problem yet, even in this coldish weather.

Zephyr
10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
jic is crap, all the 240sx guys hate them. i don't have any experience but just from what i have heard

ksport, well cheap but if your looking for nice coils there is more out there

tein is an awsome company, minus that they rust during the winter but i am sure the supra won't be outside

tanabe, can't wait to try mine out. a guy i know has the same ones and they are just an awsome ride and great for track/drifting

megan, probably the best affordable coilovers out there. never heard a bad thing about them

don't know anything about hks

:werd: :thumbsup:

ksport i seen, orange pieces of crap coils..

tein has the best support and they started teflon coating their coils to prevent rust..

Lo)2enz0
10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
i had gabs to, awsome ride. nice and stiff