PDA

View Full Version : first taste of AWD

LUDELVR
05-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Hhahahaha, like I said, I don't street race :confused: :confused: but I did have an encounter with an AWD talon tonight. I'm not sure if it's the same guy that showed up to the meet tonight a little bit late, but anywho, it was an older gen talon. Anyway, that thing was fucking crazy off the line and I have never witnessed a mad launch like that before! The front end just lifted off the ground and both legendboy and I were just like "holy shit" it was kinda fun to watch!! haha

Anyway, it was a fun race nonetheless....I really wanted to race that 240 that was on the other side but he kinda chickend out!! hahahahahaha:rofl: :rofl: Anyway, if you're on this forum, what's done to your car?

DSM Power
05-01-2003, 12:51 AM
LMAO, wasn't me but you know, mad propz to the victor! :D :thumbsup:

max_boost
05-01-2003, 01:45 AM
So who won?!?!
I think I should raise my launch up to 8000RPMs now, I wonder what would happen? :rofl: :rofl:

Where did your buddies in the SR20det's all go? They just took off!!! haha

Hollywood
05-01-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
So who won?!?!
I think I should raise my launch up to 8000RPMs now, I wonder what would happen? :rofl: :rofl:

Where did your buddies in the SR20det's all go? They just took off!!! haha

Yes whats the rest of the story with the talon?

LUDELVR
05-01-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood

Yes whats the rest of the story with the talon?

hahahah, sorry, did I forget to mention that!! :dunno: :confused: :dunno: :confused: haha my bad! I ended up getting a really good launch and I stayed with him until about the top of first gear...then I guess you guys can imagine the rest.;) haha, actually, after first, I started to pull away in second and then third and then had to shut it down cuz of the red light. As well, Legendboy was about to jump out of the sunroof when we were coming to a stop!! haha, sorry corey for the scare...I hope leather cleans well!! :rofl: but yah, I'm not sure how far I was ahead, I was watching the car in front...or rather Legendboy scream for his life!! hahahaha But yah, I'm just curious as to how fast that talon is. I've beaten a talon before while N/A and I wasn't too impressed considering my best time is like a 15.6/7..I can't remember. Like I said, I got a really good launch and stayed right beside him!! I think it's time to go find a certain blue WRX hahahahahaha

As for posting these stories...I better stop cuz I know that once I get to the track, people will be expecting this insanely fast car and then I'll pull up to the staging lights and run another ridiculously low 16 flat with turbo!! hahahaha, it's happend once...and it may happen again!!

shadowz
05-01-2003, 02:10 AM
Was it white?

LUDELVR
05-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Was it white?

No man, it was a darker color, I think maroon or something like that.

rage2
05-01-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
I'll pull up to the staging lights and run another ridiculously low 16 flat with turbo!! hahahaha, it's happend once...and it may happen again!!
Wasn't the last run you did at race city a 12 minute run? I believe you crossed the lines at 10mph, on the flatbed! :rofl:

legendboy
05-01-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
As well, Legendboy was about to jump out of the sunroof when we were coming to a stop!! haha, sorry corey for the scare...I hope leather cleans well!! :rofl: but yah, I'm not sure how far I was ahead, I was watching the car in front...or rather Legendboy scream for his life!! hahahaha

lmao hahahaha I make a bad passenger :rofl: what can I say hahaha :angel: Just something about being a passenger in a car going WOT acceleration towards a stoped car at a red light 50 ft away that makes me scream like a little girl hahaha:rofl:

Hollywood
05-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Wasn't the last run you did at race city a 12 minute run? I believe you crossed the lines at 10mph, on the flatbed! :rofl:

LOL.:rofl: :D

LUDELVR
05-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by rage2

I believe it was 22 minutes at 8 mph!!!!!:rolleyes: hahahha, but yah, I coulda made it faster but I couldn't get traction...or rather, too much traction!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Ed the SOHC
05-01-2003, 09:28 AM
can you verify ludelvr's claim legendboy? haha... It's not that we don't believe you ludelvr... it's cuz we really don't believe you... hahaha.

4G63Power
05-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Was it white?

Nick...Very interesting question :D

legendboy
05-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Yup, gods honest truth!

CRXguy
05-01-2003, 12:33 PM
I'm gonna go hunt this red 'Lude tonight. :D

shadowz
05-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

Me too lol

Ed the SOHC
05-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

pick me up... i'll be the camera man.

CRXguy
05-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

pick me up... i'll be the camera man.

sweet....then i gotta race that civic too. ;)

p.s.: how are my dvd's doing? :rofl:

p3nnywi5dom
05-04-2003, 12:46 AM
was the talon driver kinda nerdy with blonde hair?