PDA

View Full Version : Noob sti questions...

Eride
10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, another couple noob questions for you all...

1) on my 04 sti when I am sifting hard going into 5th it often will grind for a split second. Is this normal for the sti or am I having syncro issues? It only happens with 5th gear and only when the rpms are around 5500-6000+

2) Any guys who have brought up a Subaru from the states have you actually had any warranty work done here in Canada? I understand warranty transfers but I have yet to hear from anyone who has actually had something covered.

3) Last one, looking to install a boost gauge and want one that matches the sti dash lighting as well as something nice any suggestions as to what you guys are running?

Thanks again guys brand new to the subie world here.

E

That.Guy.S30
10-12-2006, 09:46 PM
1. search on nasioc.com. i think ive read that it is normal
2. yes, SoC has done a few already.
3. defi has boost gauges. matches and it also "sweeps" like the STi gauges

gl

CRXguy
10-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Defi or Omori comes to mind. Get the Defi if you don't mind spending more.

xrayvsn
10-12-2006, 10:39 PM
1. Mine doesnt grind yet, or maybe I am a slow ass shifter. Is this with a short throw kit or is it stock?
2. No warranty work done yet for my car but I don't even have 6000 miles on it yet.
3. The factory boost gauge lights up but does not match the color of the rest of the cluster. As others have said, go with a Defi if you can afford it. It will also read out in psi instead of some arbitrary unit that makes no sense.

Pee_Sack
10-13-2006, 08:31 AM
^^ Bar isn't some arbitrary unit that does not make sense...:D It is worse to read than PSI but it does make sense.

Maddad has some really nice gages that will match your cluster and do the sweep but they dont cost nearly as much as defi's.

mac_82
10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Defi or Omori comes to mind. Get the Defi if you don't mind spending more.

:werd:

Defi, Omori + MadDad

T78Supra1
10-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Go HKS Chrono Guage...Delphi Guages are so big and thick, Nice look but sooo big they are hard to drill into your dash
HkS Chrono can be placed anywhere with little effort.

My STI Doesn't Grind at all if the car is still under warranty i would get it checked out

Eride
10-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, better make an appointment to get the synchro looked at, maybe they can get me in before Christmas...:rofl:

benyl
10-13-2006, 12:21 PM
search nasioc about the grind. Lots of people have had that issue. It is mainly 2004 STi.

You can also check www.iwsti.com