PDA

View Full Version : Could i still get a ticket???

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 03:33 AM
So at about 3am tonight i was on the way home with my buddy and we race this civic all the way from downtown up to the U...At the lights at Macmahon we take off and after i waste him i slow down then he does a drive by...I'm thinking you fag!!! and i try to catch up and for no reason at all i break as hard as i can down to speed limit...5 seconds later the cops fly by:eek: :eek: :eek: and run after him, so like any smart person would i take the very first off ramp and head to jean laurie. And when i get home my mom tells me she just got off the phone with the cops and they asked if she knew where the car was and all that...to make a long story short they said they'll come and talk to me today at about 6. As far as i'm concerned they can stick it coz i'm gonna be at work all night tomorrow but i'm thinking if they even have anything they can do to me. What do you guys think? I mean it doesnt make sense how they could still give me a ticket if they didnt pull me over right there and then and there right :dunno: IF they even show up tomorrow which i doubt i cant see them being able to do anything else other than try to intimidate me a give me a warning...RIGHT?

Ben
05-01-2003, 03:52 AM
it will be hard to say because we dont know what edidence they have...dont be surprised if they write you up tho. Registered owner perhapse

GTS Jeff
05-01-2003, 04:59 AM
theyll have trouble proving that u were driving, thats for sure.

98type_r
05-01-2003, 09:40 AM
if they even bothered to call your house then they're hungry for blood. sounds like you're gettin a ticket IMO

boi-alien
05-01-2003, 09:52 AM
you're getting a ticket. it doesn't matter if you're home or not, the cop can still make you serve the ticket as long as someone opens the door for him/her

kaput
05-01-2003, 10:23 AM

Stratus_Power
05-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by kaput
So dont open the door!

I don't think they can give him a ticket though, again I think it would probably be a registered driver ticket instead because as was mentioned they can't prove who was driving.

your mom probably proved that for them when she talked to them on the phone

kaput
05-01-2003, 10:40 AM

ConVict
05-01-2003, 10:45 AM
If they do anything it will just be a ticket that someone has to pay. Like a photoradar kinda thing ! im thinking anyway :dunno:

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 10:51 AM
but they have no fucking way to prove how fast i was going except by a huge guestimate!!!!!!!!!!!! he didnt even get behind me to match my speed...by the time he could have caught up i was doing speed limit! and for fuck's sake i stopped at about 100kmh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!do they really have nothing better to do than try to get me a ticket for 20 over???

B17a
05-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater
do they really have nothing better to do than try to get me a ticket for 20 over???

They would except they're busy keeping guys like you from turning Crowchild into a drag strip at 3am!

ramminghard
05-01-2003, 10:56 AM
but they have no fucking way to prove how fast i was going except by a huge guestimate!!!!!!!!!!!! he didnt even get behind me to match my speed...by the time he could have caught up i was doing speed limit! and for fuck's sake i stopped at about 100kmh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!do they really have nothing better to do than try to get me a ticket for 20 over???

You were racing. That is illegal and has its own ticket i believe. there are lots of things that they could try and nail you for like stunting.

Lorne@UrbanX
05-01-2003, 11:02 AM
That happened to my little cousin. He has a RSX. He is pretty well known for all the fights he causes in the SW area. That is why his RSX is famous in the SW by cops. Anyways he was driving down sarcee trail heading north and then all of the sudden he sees cop lights heading towards him he all of the suddens brakes and then didn't think anything of it. The next day the cops came to his house and laid him with a $287 ticket for speeding. Then the following week the same cop came back and laid him with a 450 for speeding again. My cousin asks why this ticket they said they saw him again on Bow tr. doing way more then speed limit. He went a hired a lawyer and fought both tickets. He won both cases, but he still had to dish out the $287 for the 1st ticket, but the second ticket it wasn;t even him. But the just assumed that it was him!

That is my story for the DAY!
~ends bitching
Sho&GO

D'z Nutz
05-01-2003, 11:03 AM
do they really have nothing better to do than try to get me a ticket for 20 over???

YOU might not thing 20 over is a big deal, but trust me, it is; And just like ramminghard said, there's lots of things they can try and nail you for. Consider this a lesson learned and SLOW DOWN.

^SkylinE^
05-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Well good luck i have a friend that had his licence suspended for 6 months for street raceing!!!

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:06 AM
no way officer...i DID take off fast because i was taking my drunk buddy home...if the other guy took off like a maniac and tried to race me it's his problem...i realized i was going fast when i saw i was doing 100 and slowed down right away as you probably noticed! I did drive fast last night but it wasnt that fast and i definately didnt do any street racing! And for whoever said i didnt waste the other guy i have no idea how you can come up with such retarded answers dude...My car is pushing about 200 crank hp...i'm pretty sure a civic with an exhaust will suck my ass every single run!!! If you care at all and i hope that other guy is on the forums too to prove it, we took off, by the end of first(55) i was up by a car, by the end of second (85) i was up by 5 cars then i sjifted to third and shut her down! So get your facts straight...I dont want to start a fight over this coz it's pointless...just dont be ignorant though man!

THE RULES OF PHYSICS DONT CHANGE JUST BECAUSE YOU DRIVE A HONDA!!!

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:08 AM
but guys...how can they prove that you where going that fast once we are in court???

Super_Geo
05-01-2003, 11:10 AM
What would the cops do if you just played dumb and denied it?

"We caught you speeding last night."

"Really? I'm sorry, I believe you have the wrong person. I was driving down Crowchild, but I don't remember seeing any police cars. But wait, let me get this straight... you supposedly caught me racing and then speeding, both serious enough to warrant a ticket, but didn't pull me over? Or even flash the lights? Thanks, Calgary's Finest."

B17a
05-01-2003, 11:11 AM
but guys...how can they prove that you where going that fast once we are in court???

You're assuming the cop is going to talk to you (give you a ticket) for speeding. He could be giving you a street racing or stunting ticket (probably more likely) and he won't need to prove speed. The cop could have very likely seen you guys earlier as you said you were racing all the way from downtown.

boi-alien
05-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard

You were racing. That is illegal and has its own ticket i believe. there are lots of things that they could try and nail you for like stunting. also the cops can clock you even if they're behind you.

Silver Satan
05-01-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by B17a

You're assuming the cop is going to talk to you (give you a ticket) for speeding. He could be giving you a street racing or stunting ticket (probably more likely) and he won't need to prove speed. The cop could have very likely seen you guys earlier as you said you were racing all the way from downtown.

ya and he also has your plate in order to get your house #. which means that he spotted you so you can try and act stupid i mean its believeable ou were racing in a NEON:thumbsdow but he is still going to cut your small nads off

B17a
05-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Silver Satan

ya and he also has your plate in order to get your house #. which means that he spotted you so you can try and act stupid i mean its believeable ou were racing in a NEON:thumbsdow but he is still going to cut your small nads off

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

98type_r
05-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
What would the cops do if you just played dumb and denied it?

"We caught you speeding last night."

"Really? I'm sorry, I believe you have the wrong person. I was driving down Crowchild, but I don't remember seeing any police cars. But wait, let me get this straight... you supposedly caught me racing and then speeding, both serious enough to warrant a ticket, but didn't pull me over? Or even flash the lights? Thanks, Calgary's Finest."

they made a positive ID on his vehicle because they were able to call his house, thats enough for the cop to issue the ticket.

D'z Nutz
05-01-2003, 11:16 AM
So at about 3am tonight i was on the way home with my buddy and we race this civic all the way from downtown up to the U... At the lights at Macmahon we take off and after i waste him i slow down then he does a drive by...I'm thinking you fag!!! and i try to catch up and for no reason at all i break as hard as i can down to speed limit...5 seconds later the cops fly by:eek: :eek: :eek: and run after him, so like any smart person would i take the very first off ramp and head to jean laurie. And when i get home my mom tells me she just got off the phone with the cops and they asked if she knew where the car was and all that...to make a long story short they said they'll come and talk to me today at about 6. As far as i'm concerned they can stick it coz i'm gonna be at work all night tomorrow but i'm thinking if right :dunno: IF they even show up tomorrow which i doubt i cant see them being able to do anything else other than try to they even have anything they can do to me. What do you guys think? I mean it doesnt make sense how they could still give me a ticket if they didnt pull me over right there and then and there intimidate me a give me a warning...RIGHT?

no way officer...i DID take off fast because i was taking my drunk buddy home...if the other guy took off like a maniac and tried to race me it's his problem...i realized i was going fast when i saw i was doing 100 and slowed down right away as you probably noticed! I did drive fast last night but it wasnt that fast and i definately didnt do any street racing! And for whoever said i didnt waste the other guy i have no idea how you can come up with such retarded answers dude...My car is pushing about 200 crank hp...i'm pretty sure a civic with an exhaust will suck my ass every single run!!! If you care at all and i hope that other guy is on the forums too to prove it, we took off, by the end of first(55) i was up by a car, by the end of second (85) i was up by 5 cars then i sjifted to third and shut her down! So get your facts straight...I dont want to start a fight over this coz it's pointless...just dont be ignorant though man!

THE RULES OF PHYSICS DONT CHANGE JUST BECAUSE YOU DRIVE A HONDA!!!

I like how you keep changing your story just to convince us otherwise. Oh well, it doesn't matter what we think. You'll find out whether you get that ticket or not this evening. Good luck man.

mwmhong
05-01-2003, 11:18 AM

They CAN estimate your speed and issue a ticket based upon this estimate, that is how I got my first ever speeding ticket, going 20 over (70km/h in a 50km/h zone). It was on the Brentwood Mall service road that runs alongside Crowchild Trail.

They are Law Enforcement Officers, they see someone breaking the law, they should do something about it.
What would be a 'better' thing to do?
Let all speeders and streetracers, people who break the law, go free? :rolleyes:

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

I like how you keep changing your story just to convince us otherwise. Oh well, it doesn't matter what we think. You'll find out whether you get that ticket or not this evening. Good luck man.

:D I told you guys the whole story...the second was what i was gonna tell the cop :D Either way thanks for the good luck wish :thumbsup: Gonna neet it :angel:

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:23 AM
:rofl:

D'z Nutz
05-01-2003, 11:25 AM

its called UNIVERSTIY. ATTEND IT!!!

Speaking of university, did you guys know if you attend it, you have free legal aid?? Apparently they go and fight tickets for you without charge (among other things).

Silver Satan
05-01-2003, 11:26 AM

Speaking of university, did you guys know if you attend it, you have free legal aid?? Apparently they go and fight tickets for you without charge (among other things).

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?????? omg i wish i had known that

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:27 AM
say what??? how do you tap into that?

D'z Nutz
05-01-2003, 11:28 AM

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?????? omg i wish i had known that

http://www.fp.ucalgary.ca:8030/SLA/

Now you know for next time! Go get a ticket and test this out to see if it works! Hahaha!! j/k

Silver Satan
05-01-2003, 11:29 AM

http://www.fp.ucalgary.ca:8030/SLA/

Now you know for next time! Go get a ticket and test this out to see if it works! Hahaha!! j/k

haha good idea:D

MerfBall
05-01-2003, 11:32 AM

Yeah but they are SOOOO incredibly slow at doing anything. It's called SLA (Student Legal Assistance) I once tried to get their help over some idiot who rear ended me and refused to pay. Two years and 3 law students later they finally get back to me with the money. Your better off doing it yourself. Although you can go and seek free legal advice, but remember they are law students not practicing lawyers.

Super_Geo
05-01-2003, 11:34 AM
How does the UofC's law program stack up against the rest of Canada's? I heard that it was actually pretty decent, though I remember hearing something about the rest of the undergrad program doing pretty poorly this year around in MacLean's or something.

Silver Satan
05-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by MerfBall

Yeah but they are SOOOO incredibly slow at doing anything. It's called SLA (Student Legal Assistance) I once tried to get their help over some idiot who rear ended me and refused to pay. Two years and 3 law students later they finally get back to me with the money. Your better off doing it yourself. Although you can go and seek free legal advice, but remember they are law students not practicing lawyers.

ya you wouldn't go to them for something serious but for a speeding ticket it wouldn't be that bad

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:35 AM
hey man...if they can give any little tip it's still better than nothing...they still know their shit better than us, and since they're probably trying to get a name for themselves for when they graduate, i bet they work pretty hard to do good on cases...

Silver Satan
05-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
How does the UofC's law program stack up against the rest of Canada's? I heard that it was actually pretty decent, though I remember hearing something about the rest of the undergrad program doing pretty poorly this year around in MacLean's or something.

U of C all together is a pretty crappy school that was my first and last year there. it was ranked really low in MacLeans and for good reasons. i wouldn't take law here if it counted on my life.

boi-alien
05-01-2003, 11:39 AM
no way officer...i DID take off fast because i was taking my drunk buddy home...if the other guy took off like a maniac and tried to race me it's his problem...i realized i was going fast when i saw i was doing 100 and slowed down right away as you probably noticed! I did drive fast last night but it wasnt that fast and i definately didnt do any street racing! <snipped>

btw, the police do monitor this forum :D good job there bud! :thumbsup:

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:42 AM
It wasn't Me:rofl: :dunno: :rofl:

Mckenzie
05-01-2003, 01:01 PM
It wasn't Me:rofl: :dunno: :rofl:

:rolleyes:

Toms-Celica
05-01-2003, 02:55 PM
I want to hear how this ends...

rice_eater
05-01-2003, 11:41 PM
they didnt show up today:thumbsup: but my mom said someone phoned around 6 but she didnt pick up...we get tons of telemarketers calling in the evening so i really hope it was them not the cops seeing if we were home...:dunno:

kaput
05-02-2003, 10:47 AM

98type_r
05-02-2003, 11:20 AM
they didnt show up today:thumbsup: but my mom said someone phoned around 6 but she didnt pick up...we get tons of telemarketers calling in the evening so i really hope it was them not the cops seeing if we were home...:dunno:

they're comin, they'll find you, and you'll get your ticket

Fluidic
05-02-2003, 12:43 PM
MUUUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rice_eater
05-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Are you the last person in the city to get caller ID or what? :D

well one night when i was drunk i dropped it into the toilet and we've been too lazy to get a new one so we're using the old one that doesnt have call display:angel: ...they didnt call today either...keeping fingers crossed :dunno: