PDA

View Full Version : Blew something...Or (hopefully) not..

New2Talon
10-14-2006, 04:24 AM
I went to fill up yesterday and when I pulled into gas station everything was working fine. there was a guy with a trailer ahead of me so I parked and turned car off just behind the pump and waited. He finished his fill and I pulled in. turned car off and filled up myself.

Now when I went to pull out of station the music was choppy/cutting out and sounded very bad. I figured it was song (even though it sounded ok going into gas staion) and changed tracks. next song was bad. switched to radio, still bad. then I turned the vol all the way down, and there was still a staticy noise that came out of the speakers. turning deck on and off doesnt help. same with turning car on and off.

Now im almost positive i blew something, it sounds almost like the speakers, but they ALL sound like poop. Ive never seen a senario that would blow ALL 8 speakers at once w/o any major electrical overload.

Any idea's?

GT-R rated
10-14-2006, 10:58 AM
does the speaker noise work with your rpms, if so its likely a ground problem. It could be ground either way becase grounds are stupid and retarded

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Crossed wire/ground, I doubt they're blown

New2Talon
10-15-2006, 01:38 AM
When I have half a day off Ill take the dash apart and have a look at grounds. It could also be the amp, either one of the mosfets in the deck, or one of the factory speaker amps (have 2 as car has stock 8 spkr premium pkg)

soupey
10-15-2006, 11:04 AM
sounds like a grounding issue, that or one of ur wires isnt connnected tightly (or if u taped it, one of the wires poked out of the tape and is touching another...jus rewire it all...

codepoet101
10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
dont rewire all just check and fix the problem if you cant see it pm me im a pro as far as wiring goes steros and all MECP advanced. sounds like ground problem though

Jonathan@TCS
10-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Could be one of the speaker wires touching ground, this can cause the internal amp to distort.