PDA

View Full Version : Sale at Calgary Honda today = BS

rc2002
10-14-2006, 10:31 AM
I saw the ad in the Calgary Herald yesterday advertising that Calgary Honda is sitting on way too much used inventory from trade ins because they had a record year in sales. They said they were blowing away cars starting with prices at $5.

Looking for a deal, I went there to check it out, and EVERYTHING was ridiculously overpriced - even more than vehicles here on beyond. :eek: I saw an 80's style Caravan rusted to hell with tape for taillights going for $6k.

Hope I can save anyone from wasting their time driving down there. Especially if you're coming from the North.

QuasarCav
10-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I saw the ad in the Calgary Herald yesterday advertising that Calgary Honda is sitting on way too much used inventory from trade ins because they had a record year in sales. They said they were blowing away cars starting with prices at $5.

Looking for a deal, I went there to check it out, and EVERYTHING was ridiculously overpriced - even more than vehicles here on beyond. :eek: I saw an 80's style Caravan rusted to hell with tape for taillights going for $6k.

Hope I can save anyone from wasting their time driving down there. Especially if you're coming from the North.

You should have just lowballed them, I'll give you 350 for the van CASH!!!!! Tonight!!!!

rc2002
10-14-2006, 10:39 AM
$350 would've even been too high. hehe.

I didn't look closely at all the cars, but some had cracked windshields and I know that a lot of shops wouldn't have let them pass inspection.

izzoblitzo
10-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

$5? what can be bought for $5? I didnt that would be possible, and if I saw that in the paper, I'd call it BS, and wouldnt bother going down.

Sonic_A4
10-14-2006, 10:50 AM
im goin to check it out just cause i know someone who works at kramer mazda and he says they liquidate towards closing , like just selll everything

brandon
10-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Just to remind you that these sales are not because of record breaking sales in the previous year. They take the junkers they get on trade in's and blow them out. Most of them they pay 100$ for... go at the end of the day and just haggle with the salesman if you want a great deal.

Almost every dealership does this.

bigboom
10-14-2006, 11:21 AM
yeah i went this morning with my bro and it was all junk. and it wasnt even $100 trade in's it was jsut reidiculously overpriced cars. like a 99 civic going for 19 grand type of stupid.