PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Isolation Tank

ogpog
10-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, im just looking for an iso tank. I prefer the full enclosure styles (eg. not open to the room), but when it comes to style, im pretty indifferent. Im 6'2, so as long as i can fit inside, PM me.

The best thing for me would be an eye-glass case design just due to room being a slight issue.

Thanks!

ps: this is the same thing as a float tank, or a sensory deprivation tank

ogpog
10-23-2006, 08:54 AM
noone eh?

nonlinear
10-23-2006, 03:19 PM
ooohhhh, these things are cool. did you ever see the movie Altered States :D :D :D

ogpog
10-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
ooohhhh, these things are cool. did you ever see the movie Altered States :D :D :D

hah, no i havnt seen it. Is it worth a watch?

hussein
10-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Sorry to mess up your thread, but I was wondering if there is a place that you can in Calgary to try it out? Thanks !!

j3rry
10-24-2006, 10:55 AM
wth is it

Tik-Tok
10-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by j3rry
wth is it
It's for meditative purposes, think of a fully enclosed tube you lye down in with some water in it (but not enough to drown in), it shuts the world out and allows your mind to be free.

I've always wanted to try one myself, is there any in Calgary?

cidley69
10-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Lay in the bathtub with the lights off with earplugs? lol

ogpog
10-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by cidley69
Lay in the bathtub with the lights off with earplugs? lol

The only issue is you need a tub that can contain your whole body length wise and width wise without really touching you (hence the whole "sensory deprivation", plus the fact that you need to add huge amounts of epsom salt to almost push your body to the surface of the water. Your ears however generally are still underwater. A lost of people use ear plugs if water in the ears is an issue.

I do not know of a place in calgary that has ones you can try (eg. like on the simpsons). My grandfather and grandmother use their's in BC all the time.

The thing is that im not really using it for its 100% specified purpose, but simply as an easier way to find the time and quiteness to project (you guys can look up astral projection on your own). My grandparents worked great for this, but they have had to downsize, and moved out of their home where it was.

I was hoping that someone for whatever reason on here would have one or know someone who is into building them, or has one for sale, but maybe ill have to goto one of the manufacturers and buy one new.

If any of you find interest in it, i highly suggest you try it.

hussein
10-24-2006, 01:21 PM
How often do you have to change the water?

torob
08-10-2010, 10:39 PM
06 to now... any places open?