PDA

View Full Version : MazdaSpeed Beauty!

Ben
05-01-2003, 02:09 PM
Nice to finally see your car today Al. Wicked color and who doesn't like turbo?

Was just ripping around town before work, sorry I snuck through those lights on 16'th, got a call had to bust it over to work for something.

Big :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

CRXguy
05-01-2003, 02:11 PM
MSP = over-rated

:rofl:

chrisgushue
05-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
MSP = over-rated

:werd: id rather make my car original to my tastes nto done up liek everyone else

cocoabrova
05-01-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by chrisgushue

:werd: id rather make my car original to my tastes nto done up liek everyone else
Yeah, it's hard being original when there's only 250 Spicy Orange Mica MSP's in Canada, maybe I should have bought a Civic:confused::rofl:and to CRXguy:guns::rofl:

chrisgushue
05-01-2003, 08:47 PM
first off i didnt say they were common, just that id rather have them custom to what i want, my rims, my exhaust, my stereo etc, second sure i drive a civic, id take a civic over a protege any day, and ill do it up my way and so that its original, if someone copies me thats there problem

boi-alien
05-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Yeah, it's hard being original when there's only 250 Spicy Orange Mica MSP's in Canada, maybe I should have bought a Civic:confused::rofl:and to CRXguy:guns::rofl: you know you want the ITR, that's why it's still in your sig :p

CRXguy
05-01-2003, 09:15 PM
first off i didnt say they were common, just that id rather have them custom to what i want, my rims, my exhaust, my stereo etc, second sure i drive a civic, id take a civic over a protege any day, and ill do it up my way and so that its original, if someone copies me thats there problem

Umm, yeah. There's only 3 in Calgary, so nice try. How many played out Civic's are there? :nut:

Why don't you add wheels/tires/suspension, turbo, stereo, and exhaust and we'll see how it compares to the Mazdaspeed. Oh, all that "crap" and the Mazda still retains full warranty. Good luck with yours! :rolleyes:

chrisgushue
05-01-2003, 09:20 PM
its still a sweet car, but i just like to have mine customized to my taste, but thats just my opinion

max_boost
05-01-2003, 09:35 PM

:werd: id rather make my car original to my tastes nto done up liek everyone else How long would that take? And what mods are you going to do to make the civic 'original'? Its probably been done already.

With the MazdaSpeed, it carries one of the most impressive packages straight out of the factory. I mean, I don't think the Civic street edition can really compare! haha

MerfBall
05-01-2003, 09:48 PM
I'd prefer a factory turbo over putting one on myself anyday, save urself the headaches and you have bumper to bumper warranty, can't go wrong...

finboy
05-01-2003, 09:56 PM
i'd rather wait for the srt-4, but i'm a broke ass and can't afford one :(

cocoabrova
05-01-2003, 10:38 PM
I wanted a factory turbo car under $30K, and like finboy said, the SRT-4 wasn't available yet. Shit, I might even buy one of those when they DO get here. But for now, the MSP is a great package right from the factory. Although I do miss the ITR, this thing fills the void nicely. I don't hate Civics, but for me, the MSP was the next best thing to my ITR in a 4dr:thumbsup:

finboy
05-01-2003, 10:56 PM
sweeeeet, go for the srt4 ;)

i've heard of as good as 13.9 out of the box

cocoabrova
05-01-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by finboy
sweeeeet, go for the srt4 ;)

i've heard of as good as 13.9 out of the box I think I read somewhere that with just exhaust work, mid 13's, at sea-level anyways :eek::burnout:

finboy
05-01-2003, 11:02 PM
and the supposed soon to be offered mopar performance stage 3 package providing 300 hp/300 pound ft

i waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

James
05-02-2003, 05:10 AM
MSP's are Pimp! :thumbsup:.....only 3 in Calgary?.....ive seen all 3 then in the last couple weeks! ( Different Drivers)....do they Only come in the Crazy Orange Color?

audio1der
05-02-2003, 06:52 AM
MP3 kicks ass.
With a proper FMIC, CAI< I/H/E, bov, it would be nicely tuned, mostly warrantied, and very quick.
Who the hell wans to drive a Dodge, anyway?
A fast Dodge is still a Dodge.

98type_r
05-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by James
MSP's are Pimp! :thumbsup:.....only 3 in Calgary?.....ive seen all 3 then in the last couple weeks! ( Different Drivers)....do they Only come in the Crazy Orange Color?

they come in two colors, but i forgot what the other one was

CRXguy
05-02-2003, 10:17 AM
only orange for the first batch in canada, u.s. gets black as well. there will be some new colors for the 2003.5 or 2004's, whatever it is.

rhizzle
05-02-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by audio1der
MP3 kicks ass.
With a proper FMIC, CAI&lt; I/H/E, bov, it would be nicely tuned, mostly warrantied, and very quick.
A fast Dodge is still a Dodge. So your saying that you wouldnt drive a viper? That doesnt make much sense does it? And the SRT-4 is such a fast car, fastest car for under 20,000 (US). 0-60mph in 5.4 i hear.:drool:

finboy
05-02-2003, 03:26 PM
MP3 kicks ass.
With a proper FMIC, CAI&lt; I/H/E, bov, it would be nicely tuned, mostly warrantied, and very quick.

:rolleyes:

great ricer excuse

"even though it is fast, it sucks because it is domestic"

RiceCake
05-03-2003, 01:16 AM
The second batch of MSPs should be getting a yellow and a titanium grey if I remember correctly :)

ChronicDex
05-04-2003, 10:32 PM
yeah but look at all the sone up hondas theirs not one thats exactly the smae... mazda speed or some shit they calling their factory dun up car theres already 250 exactly the same in canada I bet theres maybe 3 civics exactly the smae in canada let a alone N. America.... I agree with gushue,

littledan
05-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ChronicDex
yeah but look at all the sone up hondas theirs not one thats exactly the smae... mazda speed or some shit they calling their factory dun up car theres already 250 exactly the same in canada I bet theres maybe 3 civics exactly the smae in canada let a alone N. America.... I agree with gushue,

... i'm pretty sure there are more than 3 civics all the same in canada!!! you can still mod the protege you are just starting with a rarer package...

chrisgushue
05-05-2003, 02:46 PM
why would u want to mod a car that expensive when its already modded? if your gonna change it you could buy a base protege and do what u want for cheaper

max_boost
05-05-2003, 03:08 PM
why would u want to mod a car that expensive when its already modded? if your gonna change it you could buy a base protege and do what u want for cheaper Because not everyone thinks like you and when people have money, they can do whatever the hell they want to do:thumbsup:

2000impreza
05-05-2003, 03:18 PM
why would u want to mod a car that expensive when its already modded? if your gonna change it you could buy a base protege and do what u want for cheaper

same reason why you would mod a civic or any other car for that matter :rolleyes:

the mazda speed retails for how much.. ~$30k. i would hardly consider that a expensive car but thats just me.

buh_buh
05-05-2003, 03:27 PM
why would u want to mod a car that expensive when its already modded? if your gonna change it you could buy a base protege and do what u want for cheaper different motor

Altezza
05-05-2003, 03:49 PM

So what if I bought an M3 and decided to mod it? Are you going to tell me I should have bought a base 3.20i instead? :rolleyes:

MerfBall
05-05-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ChronicDex

How many Mazda MP3s have u seen rolling around?

I have seen one in the past 2 years.

cocoabrova
05-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Altezza

So what if I bought an M3 and decided to mod it? Are you going to tell me I should have bought a base 3.20i instead? :rolleyes: :werd: For a few bucks more, I don't mind buying the best model available. Any vehicle can be modified, some ppl. just have a little more $$ to spend than others;)

chrisgushue
05-05-2003, 05:44 PM
haha ya im just turning 18 thats the problem:( it is a sweet car tho and congrats on the new ride, i wanna see em in person

cocoabrova
05-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks, and as civicLVR would say, "Props to you man,":rofl: I like the 7th gens. the best. Yeah, I was in the same boat when I was younger, way back when:rofl:

CRXguy
05-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
......way back when:rofl:

Damn rights! Way before my time. :rofl:

three.eighteen.
05-05-2003, 06:16 PM
MP3 kicks ass.

wtf are you talking about??

-MP3 is the N/A Mazdaspeed Protege, just has crazy suspension been around for like 2 years
-how can you run an FMIC, BOV with I/H/E?? H is header...you cant header a turbo...(well you can equal length exhaust turbo manifold, but as if you you knew that)...so stop talking out of your ass and throwing around acronyms before you hurt someone

CRXguy
05-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Easy there cowboy. I'm pretty sure he means MP3 = the new MazdaSpeed Protege, not the original one. :)

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-05-2003, 08:38 PM
there has to be more than 3, coz i know 3 people that own the orange one.