PDA

View Full Version : traffic court procedure

vietdood
10-15-2006, 12:40 PM
alright tomorrow i gotta go in and fight my traffic ticket for proceeding through a yellow light in court and it will be my first time fighting a ticket. is there anything specific i need to know? and do i just go into the room, sit down and wait for them to call my name? if someone can list the procedures that'd be great...

riceeater
10-15-2006, 12:49 PM
you sit down and wait till you're called, at which point you need to enter a plea... if not guilty, you sit down on the defendant seat right at the front next to the podium... you are given pen and paper to write down any notes you might need.

then the crown calls its witnesses one by one, and you are given the chance to crossexamine

then you call your own witnesses (probably just yourself) and you go up and tell your story... then the crown crossexamines you

WHAT I FORGOT when i went, is that after this, you go FIRST with the closing arguments, and then the crown does its closing arguments... this is basically just a recap of what's been said, and a quick hash over as to why the judge should believe YOU, so try to have a rough draft of what you're gonna say

that's it, after that it's sentencing time :)

vietdood
10-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by riceeater
you sit down and wait till you're called, at which point you need to enter a plea... if not guilty, you sit down on the defendant seat right at the front next to the podium... you are given pen and paper to write down any notes you might need.

then the crown calls its witnesses one by one, and you are given the chance to crossexamine

then you call your own witnesses (probably just yourself) and you go up and tell your story... then the crown crossexamines you

WHAT I FORGOT when i went, is that after this, you go FIRST with the closing arguments, and then the crown does its closing arguments... this is basically just a recap of what's been said, and a quick hash over as to why the judge should believe YOU, so try to have a rough draft of what you're gonna say

that's it, after that it's sentencing time :)

exactly what i wanted to hear on this forum. what are the chances of the cop not showing up?

googe
10-16-2006, 12:07 AM
there are one hundred billion threads about this exact thing

Moe Man
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
ya there is a chance he/ she wont show up.............

if he died, dont pray for him not to show up he/she will be there.