PDA

View Full Version : Best Delivery?

bituerbo
10-16-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm a fan of going out to eat, but I'm also a huge order-in kinda guy as well. I hate cooking, I can't cook. If it involves more than dumping in boiling water and draining, I won't do it because I'll mess something up.

Let's do two classes:
Pizza and Other.

Pizza: Chicago Deep Dish Pizza (the two are pretty much identical)
Other: Boston Pizza, as they deliver pretty much their entire menu (pasta... nachos... mmm).

Nissanaddict
10-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Chicago deep dish is grease. Pure grease...ugh.

Pizza: Papa Johns for quality of food, Panago for speedy delivery and kick-ass dipping sauces (Jalapeno ranch rules)
Other: Swiss Chalet. Can't go wrong with some chicken.

dino_martini
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Pizza - Panago probably, but I usually dont do delivery. I drive all the way from the SW to Inglewood to buy a pizza from Inglewood pizza. It is the best pizza in Calgary, I dont care what The Sun says. They are the best.

Other - Waiters En Route. Its expensive, but has huge variety and you can get pretty much anytype of food you might want.

Cruz
10-16-2006, 04:22 PM
It's not delivery...

It's Delicio.

WWJAI
10-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

Other: Swiss Chalet. Can't go wrong with some chicken.

You can definitely go wrong with chicken at Swiss Chalet. Their chicken is always so dry and the dipping sauce is nasty:barf: ..both times i've been there have been a real dissapointment with their chicken...talking about the mcknight and edmonton trail location.

Murphy
10-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Bellaroma in Lakeview. Best Pizza in town, also deliver all items on their menu ... mmmmm :drool:

Zero102
10-17-2006, 12:05 AM
The mcknight and edmonton trail swiss chalet is rated the worst one in Calgary. It most frequently fails inspections conducted by head office.
My wife's best friend's mom is the inspector, and she refuses to eat there.

I asked her what the best one is and the advice is that other than that location they are all pretty close. I personally hate the smell of their chicken so I won't eat there anyways.

Best pizza: Papa john's or Panago
Worst pizza: Pizza hut, it ALWAYS tastes like soap......

clem24
10-19-2006, 12:36 AM
I used to like Papa John's, but their boxes emit an odor that makes me sick. Basically, by the time the pizza arrives, it smells like the box. :barf:

And why does Pizza Hut tastes like soap? What are you talking about? I think Pizza Hut is like McDonald's. Once a while (like every 3 months), I just crave it, but after I am done, I am like, "ok no more". I personally think Pizza Hut's pan pizza is the best crust, especially when it's perfectly fresh. Sure it's greasy, but that's what makes it less dry. I also really like their pizza sauce. I always make sure to get extra sauce. Always makes the pizza tastes better. Hmm, I want some Pizza Hut.

nonlinear
10-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by dino_martini
Pizza - Panago probably, but I usually dont do delivery. I drive all the way from the SW to Inglewood to buy a pizza from Inglewood pizza. It is the best pizza in Calgary, I dont care what The Sun says. They are the best.

Other - Waiters En Route. Its expensive, but has huge variety and you can get pretty much anytype of food you might want.

Dino, can you give us a better description of the style of pizza served at Inglewood Pizza? got any pics? and yea, i'm a pizza nerd.

hussein
10-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Awesome Pizza in Dalbrent. 14 inch pizza for just under 10$ including gst for 3 toppings (incl. chese). :drool: :drool: So cheap and so good. I usually pick it up though becuase its pretty close by.

Clever
10-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Murphy
Bellaroma in Lakeview. Best Pizza in town, also deliver all items on their menu ... mmmmm :drool:

:werd:

nonlinear
10-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by hussein
Awesome Pizza in Dalbrent. 14 inch pizza for just under 10$ including gst for 3 toppings (incl. chese). :drool: :drool: So cheap and so good. I usually pick it up though becuase its pretty close by.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

fake cheese, frozen dough, canned sauce. bleh. the calgary pizza scene sucks :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

nonlinear
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Clever

:werd:

can you guys be more descriptive about why this place is so good? pics would be appreciated.

Murphy
10-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

can you guys be more descriptive about why this place is so good? pics would be appreciated.

I like the pizza because its thick, cheesey, and cooked just right. all the toppings are under the cheese ... and cheese is golden brown. I dont know, its just fucking tasty! Its in the minimall right off Crowchild when you get into Lakeview.

ercchry
10-20-2006, 04:14 PM
vern's pizza in summerset ftw
super thick so many toppings and if you stop in you can get it by the slice. i eat a lot and with this pizza (if you get it by the slice) no way i could eat 3 slices and there onion rings are amazing

DoubleLP
10-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
vern's pizza in summerset ftw
super thick so many toppings and if you stop in you can get it by the slice. i eat a lot and with this pizza (if you get it by the slice) no way i could eat 3 slices and there onion rings are amazing

Agreed!! they have a huge amount of toppings. It is fantastic!

Pizza Delight is also good too. New restaurant down in Evergreen. Fantastic food!

ercchry
10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DoubleLP

Agreed!! they have a huge amount of toppings. It is fantastic!

Pizza Delight is also good too. New restaurant down in Evergreen. Fantastic food!

yeah i like the 'bread grilling station' at pizza delight

nonlinear
10-20-2006, 04:41 PM
I was just going to link a couple of dope ass pizza threads from beyond, but apparently they are old and aren't available anymore (WTF MODS!!!!! GRRRR)

Anyhow, the pizza scene in calgary really sucks. i've found a handful of good places, though, including Il Centro, Sandro's, Pizza Bobs, and (kinda) Tom's House of Pizza.

Chowhounds (good foodie board) also has a thread on pizza in calgary, with many good suggestions: http://www.chowhound.com/topics/show/308053

QuasarCav
10-20-2006, 04:43 PM
I was just going to link a couple of dope ass pizza threads from beyond, but apparently they are old and aren't available anymore (WTF MODS!!!!! GRRRR)

Anyhow, the pizza scene in calgary really sucks. i've found a handful of good places, though, including Il Centro, Sandro's, Pizza Bobs, and (kinda) Tom's House of Pizza.

Chowhounds (good foodie board) also has a thread on pizza in calgary, with many good suggestions: http://www.chowhound.com/topics/show/308053

Make sure you change the search options to include the longer time. Change to yesterday and older.

nonlinear
10-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Make sure you change the search options to include the longer time. Change to yesterday and older.

Oh thanks!! (duh)

and, sorry mods:D

here is a pizza thread:
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90023&highlight=pizza

i'm gonna go read all the other ones now that i didn't know existed yay!

Toma
10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Pizza.... Chicago deep dish....THE best pizza bar none.

Other.... Boston Pizza but pricey, and the old "Oriental Garden" which is unfortunately no longer.

Dayclone
10-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Deliscio :D

CRXguy
10-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Any good places near McKenzie Towne?

eb0i
10-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Pizza: Papa John's FTW:thumbsup: I used to order Domino's but then they started skimping out on the toppings :thumbsdow

Other: Bonavista Peking House (Great Chinese Food:drool:)

MrPid
10-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Verns FTW. If you like meat, order the T-Rex...it does not disappoint in that department.

Zero102
10-21-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by clem24
I used to like Papa John's, but their boxes emit an odor that makes me sick. Basically, by the time the pizza arrives, it smells like the box. :barf:

And why does Pizza Hut tastes like soap? What are you talking about? I think Pizza Hut is like McDonald's. Once a while (like every 3 months), I just crave it, but after I am done, I am like, "ok no more". I personally think Pizza Hut's pan pizza is the best crust, especially when it's perfectly fresh. Sure it's greasy, but that's what makes it less dry. I also really like their pizza sauce. I always make sure to get extra sauce. Always makes the pizza tastes better. Hmm, I want some Pizza Hut.

Pizza hut tastes like soap because it tastes like soap.....
Sometimes they must not rinse out the pans when they wash them or something because the last 5 or 6 times it seriously tastes exactly like soap. It has made me so sick of it that I can't even think about pizza hut anymore....
Plus, before this started happening it seemed like they were always out of large's. As in when I call and order a large they say 'sorry, we are all out of large pizzas'. WTF kind of pizza place runs out of large pizzas?......

turbotrip
10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
papa johns 2 medium 2 topping for 19.99 :drool: :drool: :drool:

dino_martini
10-21-2006, 10:43 PM

Dino, can you give us a better description of the style of pizza served at Inglewood Pizza? got any pics? and yea, i'm a pizza nerd.

I can get some pics up next week probably. I have known the family who runs Inglewood Pizza for the last 15 or so years. They used to be up in Glamorgan just across from the 711, and used to be called Uncle Georges pizza.

The pizza place changed over night and we were told that they had moved into inglewood. It used to be run by George, but now its run by his daughter and son in law who happen to be my neighbors. Really nice people, and the best pizza I have ever had.

I can scan the menu tomorrow, but for now heres the address.

Inglewood Pizza
1225A 9 ave SE Calgary
Phone - 237 - 8220

Monday - Saturday 11 - 11
Sunday - 12 - 10
They close down for the month of august for "summer vacation". If you pick up your pizza they give you a discount. $2 (small) $2 (medium) $3 (large). They also have the whole pasta/salad thing.

I will get pics up some time next week... :drool:

nonlinear
10-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Dino,

that would be awesome if you could do that, man! I think i've driven by that place before and have always wondered what it's like. :thumbsup:

adidas
10-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Best pizza: Sandro Restaurant & Pizzeria, its just too good!

Other: Pizza hut, extra cheese! I lived really close to one so when they would deliver it tasted great! But since ive moved locations ive only ordered once in the past 10 months!

dino_martini
10-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Sorry for the lateness. I cannot get my scanner to work, I dont know why. But here is a general idea of what the pizza is like. This is their Garden/Vegetarian pizza. Honestly, it is not the amount of topings that makes the pizza, it is the sauce. The sauce is key, and Inglewood Pizza makes a good sauce.

Inglewood Pizza - 237-8220

Its diagnally across from spulumbos and across from the used car lot there. Its really good pizza, I cannot get the menu to scan..sorry :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/martman104/map-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/martman104/DSC00509.jpg