PDA

View Full Version : your commute this morning..

TimG
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
So how long did it take you to get into work this morning?

QuasarCav
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
30 min:dunno:

How long did it take you?

spyce
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
About 25 minutes from westhills to uofc. Wasnt too bad. I expected it to be about 5 min or so longer than usual.

TimG
10-16-2006, 01:20 PM
too me my usual time - about 35 min. my buddy was telling me that it took him about an hour to get from Shawnessy to Anderson rd this morning. :eek:

dj_rice
10-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Took me the usual 15-20 mins....

So was this thread made cause it was snowing?

Kirbs17
10-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Took me my normal 5 minutes, roads were actually less congested than normal.:dunno:

?????
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Probably cuz everyone left early. Was about the same time if not faster then my usual commute time.

It was barely snowing i would call it rain.

adam c
10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
commute was fine 25 minutes.. took mcknight and it was acutally moving for once

Hanzo
10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I was surprised i got a seat on the ctrain from brentwood to 6th street! crazy.:thumbsup:

rage2
10-16-2006, 02:09 PM
20 mins? I had to drive speed limit because bald summers and slush == excitement. I usually make it in 15... Arbour Lake to downtown.

jacelin
10-16-2006, 02:16 PM
40mins from monterey to sait
68st had major traffic jam
took 20 mins just to get to 16th ave when it should normally take 5mins or less

Melinda
10-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by jacelin
40mins from monterey to sait
68st had major traffic jam
took 20 mins just to get to 16th ave when it should normally take 5mins or less
Took me nearly 20 mins just to get from evergreen to MacLeod Trail. It sucked. Once I got onto Mac Trail though, I was good to go and things were moving okay

natejj
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Normal... 25 from Glendale to Forest Lawn

ashee
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM
20 mins from Glenmorgan to U of C

sputnik
10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
the usual 20 min

ZedMan
10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Probably 5-10 min more than normal to mrc... stupid strathcona blvd/bow trail intersection. After that it was actually better than normal, especially glenmore/37th.

accord885
10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
25 min = usual

ZorroAMG
10-17-2006, 04:21 AM
13 seconds.

Longer than usual as I looked out my bedroom window and drew out a long "fuuuck" before heading downstairs to my "office".

:rofl:

TimG
10-17-2006, 08:39 AM
so this morning when i was on the train i noticed that there were a bunch of EMS/fire/police on MacLeod trail south of canyon meadows rd on the bridge. there was even an EMS truck @ the fish creek LRT with it's lights on. Traffic on Bannister rd and macleod trail was backed up as far as the eye could see.

any info on what happened?

Sprinter
10-17-2006, 08:47 AM
15-20 mins from WestSide to Chinook Mall... traffic flow was smooth

DepTrotter
10-17-2006, 08:49 AM
yesterday it took over an hour to get to work, glenmore landing to chinook area .. today 17minutes

:dunno: i don get it!

i left 5 minutes earlier and ended up at work 40 minutes early lame

slick2404
10-17-2006, 08:52 AM
45 min dammit. Country hills to SAIT

Shoebox//Racer
10-17-2006, 09:05 AM
i took the train this morning thinking it was gonna be packed... but to my suprise there was almost NO ONE.... what the heck?!

and there didnt look to be much traffic on the road either.

energieboi
10-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by rage2
20 mins? I had to drive speed limit because bald summers and slush == excitement. I usually make it in 15... Arbour Lake to downtown.

:eek: 15 min and you drive speed limit....surrrrrre
I live in hamptons and I am on the road around 7am and takes me 1 hour atleast in the mornings.

Euro_Trash
10-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I am just curious, how early do you need to get to the very south C-Train station so you can actually get parking?

Shoebox//Racer
10-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
I am just curious, how early do you need to get to the very south C-Train station so you can actually get parking?

I get to anderson at 7:00 and i get a decent spot everytime, but it starts filling quickly past then. Southland is ridiculous to get parking. From what my friend tells me its full around 7:00.

Might be a better bet to head to one of the southern locations like fish creek, im not sure how big the parking is over there though.

TimG
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
stay away from fish creek... i have enough trouble trying to get parking there in the morning :)

rage2
10-17-2006, 10:29 AM
This morning's drive at 6:15 was fun. Roads were wet here and there, sometimes there's traction, sometimes it's black ice with zero traction. Felt like driving a friggin' speedboat with the car floating everywhere haha.

avow
10-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by rage2
you live in arbour lake too? how come i never see you :confused:
your lucky, i have to drive all the way to blackfoot and glenmore, 42 minutes today...

spyce
10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Damn bow trail this morning leaving from the Strathcona area. I barely made it in time for my exam this morning and I even gave it a 35 minute time contraint to get to school...which usually takes 15 minutes or so.
They had completely shut it down to ONE lane...to go through the intersection at Sarcee. I cant wait till the fricken construction is done. Its so random too. Some days they'll have it as 2-3 lanes open and then other random days it goes down to 1. :banghead:

Anton
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Yesterday was quite good. After I got out of my community which was backed up (Springside on Bow Trail and 85th Street) it was a very good drive.

Today....(I ordered my tires a bit ago and was supposed to get the put on yesterday but they didn't have them in stock :rolleyes: so I'm still on performance summer tires...) To sum it up, sliding was quite stressful..

Originally posted by spyce
Damn bow trail this morning leaving from the Strathcona area. I barely made it in time for my exam this morning and I even gave it a 35 minute time contraint to get to school...which usually takes 15 minutes or so.
They had completely shut it down to ONE lane...to go through the intersection at Sarcee. I cant wait till the fricken construction is done. Its so random too. Some days they'll have it as 2-3 lanes open and then other random days it goes down to 1. :banghead:

I have the same problem as you man so I go through the communities and then onto 69th and down to the shortcut through Westhills strip mall! It turns out to be faster than waiting on Bow Trail.

ZedMan
10-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by spyce

:werd:

Good idea on the shorcut though, you mean the one where you go through the traffic circles and end up near the library?

seer_claw
10-17-2006, 11:58 AM
1.5 hours, Shawnessy to Glenmore. Damn people driving like idiots when they see a little bit of white stuff falling. :banghead: Had to pass someone on Mcleod driving at 50km/h in the 80 zone. :whipped:

Canmorite
10-17-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't understand why everything slows done when there's 2 cm on the ground :dunno:

It's not like we just got dumped on.

spyce
10-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Anton
Yesterday was quite good. After I got out of my community which was backed up (Springside on Bow Trail and 85th Street) it was a very good drive.

Today....(I ordered my tires a bit ago and was supposed to get the put on yesterday but they didn't have them in stock :rolleyes: so I'm still on performance summer tires...) To sum it up, sliding was quite stressful..

I have the same problem as you man so I go through the communities and then onto 69th and down to the shortcut through Westhills strip mall! It turns out to be faster than waiting on Bow Trail.

I live in Aspen there so I am smack dab in between going down 69th and then down 17th. Or go down 69th and then down bow. I would usually take 69th to 17th to sarcee route because it is quicker. Especially if you go through the signal hill community. Except that route is screwed up right now cuz 69th gets backed up cuz its down to single lane going southbound.

eb0i
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM
took the ctrain in today just to avoid stupid traffic :thumbsup:

Anton
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Spyce:

I see where you are, yea, there's not too much you can do right now. The construction is just bad in our area...all the major roads are being worked on.

Originally posted by ZedMan
Good idea on the shorcut though, you mean the one where you go through the traffic circles and end up near the library?

Yup, that one. I usually end up going all the way from Westhills onto Richmond Road past Marda Loop and then end up on Elbow Drive going south (so opposite all the traffic) then onto Macleod south going against traffic as well...Does wonders when every single major road is blocked out of our communities (Bow, 17th, Glenmore, Sarcee)

Beanie_baby
10-17-2006, 06:33 PM
doesnt take too long to get from Millrise to Silver springs. bout 45 mins-hour depending if I stop for coffee.

al-ti2d
10-17-2006, 06:42 PM
it took me about the same time as any other day.. about 20 minutes.

Honda_002
10-17-2006, 06:56 PM
50 mins from cochrane to sait, I would have taken the train but we were working on our cars in the shop today:dunno:

creeper
10-17-2006, 07:04 PM
2 hours. Seriously.

90th ave. to 14th, to Glenmore, to crowchild to 17th ave.

No accidents, stalls, or anything out of the ordinary. People were leaving about 20 car lengths, and driving about 10km/h when they had space. Very bizzare, the roads were wet, not slippery in the least. People are very strange when it snows for the first time.

:thumbsdow

DepTrotter
10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by creeper
2 hours. Seriously.

90th ave. to 14th, to Glenmore, to crowchild to 17th ave.

No accidents, stalls, or anything out of the ordinary. People were leaving about 20 car lengths, and driving about 10km/h when they had space. Very bizzare, the roads were wet, not slippery in the least. People are very strange when it snows for the first time.

:thumbsdow
buddy i take that route everyday up until glenmore (i go the other way)

seriously if you leave your house after 730 you are looped

90th ave is fucking retarded, and just when you think aw itll get better you turn on 14st lol.. SHITTY

i left this morning at about 705, no traffic easy commute got to where i was going really early though
but ide rather be early than late

BigBadVlad
10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
About 50min's Shawnessy to downtown... usually 40-45 min's... Around 7:00am there was a pretty major t-bone on Macleod before Canyon Meadows, a Neon got a face-full of Liberty:nut:

And 100 ft down the road a pair involved in a medium damage rear-ender :nut:

quikkoop
10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
13 seconds.

Longer than usual as I looked out my bedroom window and drew out a long "fuuuck" before heading downstairs to my "office".

:rofl:
Haha, I laughed! Normal time for me as well. Only bad part was going under 52nd bridge going east on Crow.

creeper
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

buddy i take that route everyday up until glenmore (i go the other way)

seriously if you leave your house after 730 you are looped

90th ave is fucking retarded, and just when you think aw itll get better you turn on 14st lol.. SHITTY

i left this morning at about 705, no traffic easy commute got to where i was going really early though
but ide rather be early than late

yeah, usually i take anderson, to 14th, but when i left the wodbine/woodlands area and looked east down anderson, all i can see is traffic and cars, so, thinking i'll be cool and go around it all, i end up sitting for 40 minutes on 90th, which is what, 8 blocks, maybe ....

it was just super slow, people leaving a crazy amount of room, and crawling along like the roads were solid ice, they were wet, but wet doesn't mean 10 cars lengths, and top speed of 30kms is appropriate. No ice, no slip at all. Roads were fine, drivers brains were not. I was to tired to care.

88CRX
10-17-2006, 07:23 PM
I was almost 2 hours from Sundance to downtown @ 6:30am this morning :thumbsdow

A2VR6
10-17-2006, 07:25 PM
15 mins from Sandstone to U of C... maybe 1 min late?

chris
10-17-2006, 07:27 PM
45 minutes from hamptons to u of c (usually like 20-25 min)..... fuck!!! left early and was still late, all around here was a fucking skating rink, everything john laurie and south was fine

Spatz
10-17-2006, 07:49 PM
5 minutes:D

turbotrip
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
7-8 min from edgemont to uni

NickGT
10-17-2006, 08:40 PM
shawnessy blvd / Macleod Trail Overpass was a complete sheet of ice. My truck barely made it up (3/4 Ton - 2WD). It was brutal. Several people were stuck and I had to drive around them at a snails pace I was spinning so much.

Then I got on macleod trail to see a major accident in the middle of the road in between canyon meadows and shawnessy blvd

Further down there was another stalled vehicle in the far right northbound lane.

I then proceeded to take the off-ramp onto canyon meadows east, where there was 2 vehicles 1 - new v6 mustang and some other vehicle that lost it going around the corner. It was insane this morning.

I still made good time this morning. Just lots of shit to drive around.

theken
10-17-2006, 09:11 PM
35 minutes from 18th st se to 52nd st then the 25 minutes to strathmore, usually take me all of 27 minutes

Melinda
10-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by NickGT
shawnessy blvd / Macleod Trail Overpass was a complete sheet of ice. My truck barely made it up (3/4 Ton - 2WD). It was brutal. Several people were stuck and I had to drive around them at a snails pace I was spinning so much.

Then I got on macleod trail to see a major accident in the middle of the road in between canyon meadows and shawnessy blvd

Further down there was another stalled vehicle in the far right northbound lane.

I then proceeded to take the off-ramp onto canyon meadows east, where there was 2 vehicles 1 - new v6 mustang and some other vehicle that lost it going around the corner. It was insane this morning.

I still made good time this morning. Just lots of shit to drive around.
We live in evergreen and we also made the mistake of taking Shawnessy Blvd to get onto MacLeod Trail. I shit you not, it took us 1 hr 15 mins to get all the way down Shawnessy Blvd and onto Mac Trail. I hit MacLeod just as the Canyon Meadows accident was being towed away and it was pretty smooth sailing from there. Although when I was just getting ready to get onto MacLeod I looked in my rearview mirror to watch two more people slide into each other. What a damn nightmare today. :banghead:

88CRX
10-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

We live in evergreen and we also made the mistake of taking Shawnessy Blvd to get onto MacLeod Trail. I shit you not, it took us 1 hr 15 mins to get all the way down Shawnessy Blvd and onto Mac Trail. I hit MacLeod just as the Canyon Meadows accident was being towed away and it was pretty smooth sailing from there. Although when I was just getting ready to get onto MacLeod I looked in my rearview mirror to watch two more people slide into each other. What a damn nightmare today. :banghead:

:werd:

I was 1 hour from Sundance to Midlake Blvd/Shawnessy Blvd. and I cut the entire right turning lane :angel: up to there. I would have seriously moved 100ft in that hour :banghead:

silver_gs-R
10-17-2006, 10:41 PM
usually takes me 15-20, took me 45 on monday morning!!!

xrayvsn
10-17-2006, 10:44 PM
15 minutes, same as every other day. Driving opposite the commuter traffic FTW.

Palmiros
10-17-2006, 10:47 PM
~20 minutes @ 8:45ish not bad?
it usually takes 15.

Gondi Stylez
10-17-2006, 11:22 PM
took me 7 min today (usually 5 or so) from jasper ave to u of a!!

rage2
10-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by avow
you live in arbour lake too? how come i never see you :confused:
Are you the white dude in the widebody gunmetal MR2? If so I see you all the time.

topmade
10-18-2006, 07:12 AM
A good 45 min from Panorama to bankers hall. Damn I hate busing it. Why did I quit my working at home job?

GQBalla
10-18-2006, 08:11 AM
today pretty much normal time - i left my house at around 7:15, got to brentwood, parked my car, got on the train to SAIT, walked to class with 2 minutes to spare before the class started.

ahahaha and yesterday i only had one class which was at 2, so i missed all the lovely traffic and slept in till 12.

NickGT
10-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Melinda

Yah I live in evergreen as well. That'll be the last time I take shawnessy blvd thats for sure. That overpass is going to be a problem area forever.

The one good thing about living here is there's a ton of different routes you can take to get out.