PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Tuscani ??

teggypimp95
10-16-2006, 01:41 PM
2003 HYUNDAI TIBURON TUSCANI

Any one have any thoughts on these cars? My friend is thinking of one but i dont know anything about them? im not sure if there that great? I believe she is looking into the GT model. Any help here? Thanks!

Mitsu_Ralliart
10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
I looked at this car when I was buying my Lancer. Some people love them and some hate them, personally I love the styling. Only reason I never got it was cause I couldn't fit into it. I'm 6'1" and 210lbs my head was pushed right into the sunroof with the seat as low as it could got.

Aftermarket is not the biggest, but the only mod you really need is a RIPP supercharger. Stage 1 kit produces 300hp and cost roughly $5000 if I remember.

teggypimp95
10-16-2006, 01:53 PM
I am thinking more relibility, quality, etc.

Mitsu_Ralliart
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh sorry dude... quality for its price range I thought was good. I did a bunch of research on 5 cars before I bought mine and the Tibby was rated one of the best it has a 5 star crash rating. Best bet dude is grab the lemon guide by Phil Edmonston (http://www.lemonaidcars.com/) and also check out http://www.carsurvey.org/model_Hyundai_Tiburon.html and read the reviews.

teggypimp95
10-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks bud! any one else?

403Gemini
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I personally love these cars

brand new though, they're WAY to expensive for what you get, however used ... :thumbsup:

avow
10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
keep in mind though, there is alot of hate for this car in the tuner community :banghead:

but if you can get over that and get a decent price on the newer ones (2001+) then why not. they are pretty good safty wise. not as good as some of the other Hyundai's (like the accent) but decent never the less.

403Gemini
10-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by avow
keep in mind though, there is alot of hate for this car in the tuner community :banghead:

but if you can get over that and get a decent price on the newer ones (2001+) then why not. they are pretty good safty wise. not as good as some of the other Hyundai's (like the accent) but decent never the less.

hated? :confused: really?

And i'm not sure id go as far to say they are "not as good as some other hyundai's (like the accent)" .... what's so great about the accent? lol

Soren1989
10-17-2006, 08:47 AM
no they are hated:barf:

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-17-2006, 10:30 AM
They're hated, mostly by us Honda Fanboys. As a tuner car, I hate them... Like really despise them. But if some girl is buying it as a car to get her around, it's perfect... I've seen alot of girls driving these, and they just seem to fit them.

But ya... huge Tiberon vs Civic hate

teggypimp95
10-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Ha ha well she is not worried about tuning or who likes what. She wants something fun to drive, reliable, safe, and wont keep having problems with. What is the paint like on them? thin? or is it decent?

teggypimp95
10-17-2006, 10:43 AM
2003 HYUNDAI TIBURON TUSCANI, 6 Speed. Aftermarket Speakers, Hyundia's Extended warr, Dual Exh, 17'' alloy rims.+ Winter Tires.Pwr Everything, Sunroof, A/C, Trac Cntrl, Keyless & Anti thef, 2 dr, Black int, Yellow ext, 2.7L, 6 cyl, cd 36,000 kms, $17,000

How does that sound? Im not sure if its fair priced or not?

rockym20
10-17-2006, 11:01 AM
I've got a '97 Tiburon that I am selling it has almost 250,000 km, with never any major problems and the engine is as strong as when I bought it. Their reliability has been just been getting better, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommond a newer one. However, as with used vehicle, check the car out thoroughly as all brands put out the occassional lemon (BTW, I have had more people complain to me about Honda Civics that are poorly made and continually have problems than I have ever heard complain about a Hyundai).

teggypimp95
10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Well thats good to know. Thanks. I think she has just heard of a few people having a couple troubles with them and does not want to buy a lemon. We both dont know a heck of alot about hyundai or their quality.

Tik-Tok
10-17-2006, 11:37 AM
My wife was looking at buying a brand new one awhile back, whenever I saw one in a parking lot I'd ask the person what they thought of them, the only bad thing I heard was poor re-sale, and poor fuel economy (comparative to simlar hp competitors, V6, 170 hp, and only gets 28mpg highway? wtf? my stang gets better then that @ 345hp) other than that, every driver loved them, and didn't speak of any repetetive problems.

403Gemini
10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
They're hated, mostly by us Honda Fanboys. As a tuner car, I hate them... Like really despise them. But if some girl is buying it as a car to get her around, it's perfect... I've seen alot of girls driving these, and they just seem to fit them.

But ya... huge Tiberon vs Civic hate

any ACTUAL reason why?

rockym20
10-17-2006, 01:13 PM
'Cause the average age of a Beyonder is probably around 16 and there aren't many Korean's on the board...

Mitsu3000gt
10-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Hyundai only has a bad rep because of their past where the made essentially disposable cars, such as the Pony. These days, their quality is hardly below that of the Japs and they have 7 year warranties (10 in the states for some reason). The only thing that sucks about them is their resale value, and some of their engines are bad. The brand new 2007 ones all come with pretty good engines I think though.

avow
10-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
And i'm not sure id go as far to say they are "not as good as some other hyundai's (like the accent)" .... what's so great about the accent? lol
when i was saying the accent was better i was refering to its safty rating. sorry :cry:

SilverBoost
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Fuck what everyone else thinks. Get what ever car you want. Reliability is one thing, but just because people tell you they aren't liked, well I'm sorry, but that'd just make me want to buy it more. Of course you could always buy what everyone else has, because that's original too. :rolleyes:

Here's a friend of mine who owns a 2nd Gen Tib. Yeah not eveyone's taste, but he just ran a [email protected] MPH

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/cprservice/IMG_0274.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/G-TIB/dragracing048.jpg

I also have another friend who has the 3rd Gen and he had some engine work done and full exhaust etc etc. Sounded great. and looked good too with a nice little drop.

If you like it, buy it. Just make sure it's the V6. :)

A790
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM
The Tuscani V6 is a great little car. I don't know why the Honda fanboys hate it so much - must be the 2.7L V6, sexy ass looks, and nice interior.

Personally, I'd buy one but only if I was going to S/C as it only has 175HP.