PDA

View Full Version : Economical insurance appriasers(assholes)

BiG_BoI_LuDe
10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
So last saturday Some Guy making a left turn hit while i was solid green going striaght through..I posted something about weather or not i should go through insurance and what not in the forum whil back... so yeah I did end up going with claiming him and

Ron Diamond of the economical insurance group tried to offer me 750 + I keep and they don;t give it a writeoff status... the guy hit my rear driver side wheel,1/4 panel and bumper... or he pays me 750+GST and they get the car...

750 for 90 Prelude???

I said Hell no.... and he was really nice while face to face but over the phone.. complete dick.... I asked what my other options are he said I get go pay for an appraisel adn we can they bring it an abritration... and If the other comes back lower then his offer he will only pay me the lower offer... that kinda scared me off...
lucky for me I work next door to an apraiser company and they realy nice guys... talked to them... and as it turns out...
its Illegal for them to bring me to abritration because i'm not insured under there company... again I call back and hes still taking advantage of me not know much about these policies and what not agianst me... cause the guys next door told me to call them and ask for a letter from the group that AIIf i choose the route of abritration they are willing to accept... agian still trying to scare me he said he will do that and he would make sure I declined there offer... So I said fuck it... if i loose money out of this i don;t care... I won;t be jerked around with.... they guys next door said even if we go to small claims court chances are the judge will make them pay me pay all they money i had to spend becuase I'm a young guy and put me trhough so much...

but yeah 2 house after I asked for the letter I get a call from the adjuster on the case and he said he did a black book check and turns out my car still had a pretty high vaule for its age... after he deduct all the things from my car (I ripped out my system,big dent on driver side door...hood and bumper are different colors) I stil got 2500back...

So if any of you get an offer that you don;t think is right don't take it... if your not at fault in the accident and your not getting what you think if fair chance' are there testing to see if you would take there low offer... cause it doesn;t hurt to try... and

Ron diamond you dip shit... I hope you get screwed over someday...

guessboi
10-16-2006, 08:09 PM
good job. :D
adjustors have a budget, you need to negotiate with them, otherwise they will lowball you.

Zero102
10-16-2006, 09:45 PM
When my 944 burned, the first offer from the insurance company was $3000. I told them that it had better come up or else we would have big problems. 3 days later they send an estimator out and offered me over $8000.
The moral of the story is to never take the first offer from an insurance company. It is usually less than half what they think it's worth, they are just trying to get rid of you cheaply.