PDA

View Full Version : Brembo powdercoating

2002civic
10-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Im looking at getting some brembos for the ride but theres a used set for a good price with black calipers, anyone know how much it would cost to get them powdercoated and have brembo written on them again preofessionally?
thanks
Chris

R-Audi
10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
I looked into it, and you shouldnt powdercoat the calipers as the heat and baking weakens them. It is reccomended that you paint them. There are Brembo stickers on eBay if you wish.

GTS Jeff
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I looked into it, and you shouldnt powdercoat the calipers as the heat and baking weakens them. It is reccomended that you paint them. There are Brembo stickers on eBay if you wish. That doesn't make sense to me; calipers see some pretty extreme heat during normal use, so why would a bit of oven baking do anything to them?

R-Audi
10-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Not sure, but thats what I was told. Something about the powdercoating process.. which I readily admit to knowing nothing about. Either way.. paint would be easier anyways.

ninspeed
10-17-2006, 05:51 PM
its the length of the heat applied to the metal that may melt some of the seals... If you are rebuilding the calipers, then it will be fine.. Just make sure the insides are taped off.

2002civic
10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
thanks for the advice, now is it possible to paint them so they actually look like original red brembos or are they gonna look cheap and am i better off just keeping the brembos black?