LilDrunkenSmurf
10-17-2006, 12:09 AM
DAICt5pACz8

I can see four responses:

a) "NOOO! NOT THE CIVIC!"
b) "YAY! LESS RICERS!"
c) "YAY MORE SPARE PARTS!"
d) "STUPID RETARDS! DON'T STREET RACE!"

Also I can see mixing... But ya... i'm sorta caught between three of em... a->d->c while watching the vid.

Discuss.

Lo)2enz0
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
can someone tell me exactly what he said at the end "tricking them up or driving them"

something to worry about?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-17-2006, 12:16 AM
"If you want to get into the business of street racing, tricking them up or driving them, then this is what's going to happen. We're going to take them away and destroy them."

Lo)2enz0
10-17-2006, 12:19 AM
just by his words it sounds like if they see someone with a kit on it they will crush it like that. probably only has to do with the street racers though. but what about people in there dads m3, and they get caught lol

coste
10-17-2006, 12:21 AM
:cry:

say it ain't so!!!

:cry:

BerserkerCatSplat
10-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I want to be the guy driving the loader, that would be so much fun.

RickDaTuner
10-17-2006, 12:50 AM
destroying personal property:rolleyes:

yay for the government:thumbsdow

Shoebox//Racer
10-17-2006, 01:10 AM
that guy sounds really ignorant, and close minded.
Couldnt stereotype drivers anymore than that could he?

ah well.

mo_money2supe
10-17-2006, 01:17 AM
I'd like to say: c) "YAY MORE SPARE PARTS!" BUT, I don't think anything on those cars are worth salvaging after that. And as much as I do agree that the car owners deserve it, that must hurt knowing what was going to happen to their impounded cars.

88CRX
10-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Taken from honda-tech...

Here is the actual story behind that video.
Global news is a Canadian news network. They are doing a report on street racing. Can you guess when this was aired? Thats right just before Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift came out. There was no reason for them to make such a harsh statement by crushing modified cars because in the last 10 years in Ontario there have been 2 deaths associated with illegal street racing with modified cars.

You know where they got those cars to crush? From street racing you say? Nope not true. Those cars were impounded in 2002 when the owner of them and his family were busted on drug trafficing charges and these cars were taken for evidence. Instead of reselling them when they were done the police decided to put on a little display for the cameras and insinuate that these cars were envolved in street racing when in actuality they were not.

More government and media hipe about a problem that is not really a problem in our area. Why wouldnt they take the money from selling the cars, renting the dozer, paying someone to opperate it, calling a press confrence, hiring police to attend and all the other money wasted on that media stunt and, oh I dont know, USE IT TO CATCH CRIMINALS! Stupid cops in my area are more into fear mongering than in actually catching people who are commiting crimes.

Now I dont race and dont condone it but they are not scaring anyone. If anything they made it funny because right away we knew they were lying and deciving the community on the issue of the crushed cars.

SilverBoost
10-17-2006, 07:32 AM
I think that video actually got third on America's Funniest Videos.

Because obviously they'd have to be complete idiots to think people would take that seriously.

I personally don't participate in organized street racing, but it sure is funny to see how fucking waaaay off the general public is when they think they know what's going to stop it... or where it even starts.

Laff.

quikkoop
10-17-2006, 07:40 AM
Id be going apeshit if that was my car! Would not be pleased. Man the gorvernment is messed up nowadays!

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Good to know it was a fake... I thought it was american til I saw the global part... I didn't know that canadian media would be idiotic enough to believe it could work... But you learn somethin new everyday.

teggypimp95
10-17-2006, 10:51 AM
He sounds like a cock bastard. Im not for street racing but i still feel he needs a swift kick to the teeth:D