PDA

View Full Version : Which car would you buy?

Daxin
05-01-2003, 08:49 PM
I've been driving an Eagle Talon for about 9 years now and I've been thinking about upgrading to a newer car sometime in the near future. I'm bias towards Sport Compacts but the Ford Mustang really appeals to me. I've owned a 1986 Mustang Cobra as my first ever car.

Anyways, which car would you buy within this list:

-Mustang Mach 1
-Mitubishi Eclipse GT 2003
-Mazda RX8 (If the price is below $40,000)
-Nissan Murano

The Murano maybe the odd one on the list but somehow I like it very much.

Speed_Dreams
05-01-2003, 09:04 PM
RX-8 is the way to go. They look sweet. Mustang is Ford :( and the Murano is an SUV no one needs one of those and a mitsu eclipse will be really common. RX-8 :thumbsup:

THREE40SEVEN
05-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
RX-8 is the way to go. They look sweet. Mustang is Ford :( and
SILENCE PEASANT!!!

The mach 1 kicks ass!! Thats if you can get one. I dont know what the availability is.

Daxin
05-01-2003, 09:30 PM
How realiable is the mustang though. I heard the 2003 Cobra had to stop production cuz they break. Is there any truth to the rumor? The availability of the Mach 1 is ONE unit per store in Calgary. They sound sooooo sweet.

max_boost
05-01-2003, 09:38 PM
I usually don't like domestics very much but the re-designed Mustang due out next year looks awesome

DSM Power
05-01-2003, 09:46 PM

Ackkh, don't waste your money! :barf:

-Mazda RX8 (If the price is below $40,000)

It is, $36,900 for one of the models anyway.

I've been driving an Eagle Talon for about 9 years now and I've been thinking about upgrading to a newer car sometime in the near future.

You could always just hang in there until the EVO arrives. :thumbsup:

Daxin
05-01-2003, 09:55 PM
DSM power,

I don't think I can afford the EVO. I heard the car's MSRP is about 48K. Tomorrow I"ll be going to Lethbridge to look at a 1995 Talon to see how good of a condition it is in. It has about 120,000 KM. I still luv DSM's. If I can find a VERY VERY good Talon, I will definitely get it. The only thing that strays me away from 2G DSM's is CRANKWALK. I"m scared of it!!!!!!

Hey DSM POWER, wanna help me look for a TOP condition Talon or an Eclipse?

I am very very picky.

Stratus_Power
05-01-2003, 10:44 PM
RX-8 hands down..and yes it is under 40k... well almost exactly 40k for the base model including all the Tax and stuff.

FN49
05-02-2003, 12:21 AM
The Mach 1 has more style and character than any of those other cars could ever hope to have. Shakers rule!

chrisgushue
05-02-2003, 11:05 AM
the mach 1 looks good, original cuz very limited the others theres gonna be so many or already is on the streets of calgary

98type_r
05-02-2003, 11:14 AM
rx-8 gets my vote

JTL_ZXTT
05-02-2003, 12:39 PM
either RX-8 or 350Z ...... Hands down .... or even get an old skool M3!!! an kick everyones butt!

SmelltheRubber
05-02-2003, 06:25 PM
The Mach-1 at the autoshow looked amazing! Very nice and clean looking. Also, that shaker hood will be gettin you lots of jaw-drops. Plus the stang is like twice as fast as anything else on that list. You know you waaaaaant it...

Edit: The RX-8 has killer looks though!

red2000
05-02-2003, 07:03 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

three.eighteen.
05-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by red2000

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the car has:

a) terrible reliability history (alot of mitsus in general)
b) almost no aftermarket following
c) no 4wd, slower than older DSMs...this car is not a worthy successor
4) its butt ugly...stupid grand am lines...

red2000
05-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

the car has:

a) terrible reliability history (alot of mitsus in general)
b) almost no aftermarket following
c) no 4wd, slower than older DSMs...this car is not a worthy successor
4) its butt ugly...stupid grand am lines...

:dunno: well ..last SAT.. I tested a 2003 GT...but it's not as bad as you think.....It's very powerful around 2000 rpm until 5000 rpm...and it's pretty smooth....the only thing I found is not very good at cornering...maybe you can go and try~
peace~:clap:

Team_Mclaren
05-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Rx-8 for sure.. the new car is amazing. You'll for sure get a lot of attention!!!! Just check this out!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

Wildcat
05-02-2003, 09:39 PM
hey in the new xmen cyclops has a new blue RX8 thats piamped, lol :D , anyways get the stang, even tho i hate to say it, it would wipe the floor with those other cars, screw reliability! :D (get an fbody, faster and more reliable than a stang, and sometimes cheaper!)

finboy
05-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
Rx-8 for sure.. the new car is amazing. You'll for sure get a lot of attention!!!! Just check this out!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

:thumbsdow :barf:

mach 1 all the way

air_mikey
05-02-2003, 11:03 PM
there is a pimped out rx-8 on the big screen rite now. im not going to say which movie cuz then i mite ruin it for some ppl. all im going to say is that its NICE!!!

l/l/rX
05-02-2003, 11:11 PM
team_mclaren thats a wicked pic of a RX-8 =O that looks sooo amazing.

but my pick from that list would be the rx-8 or the nissan murano. the murano just because it looks sooo cool! i love it! i saw a couple today, and they roll on stock like 17's? maybe 18's? i maybe wrong but i find it a very nice car!

Zephyr
05-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

too bad evos aren't comming to canada, its good to be american, oooo yeahhhh

get the RX8 because the xmen have one haha

Daxin
05-02-2003, 11:15 PM
I test drove the Eclipse and felt dissappointed. The car didn't have the UMPH that the AWD Talons have.

red2000
05-02-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Daxin
I test drove the Eclipse and felt dissappointed. The car didn't have the UMPH that the AWD Talons have.

UMPH ????:dunno:

TK91GT
05-03-2003, 12:01 AM
there will be no reliablity problems with the mach 1 at all and the cobra hold back was a paint issue I think. the 4.6 in the mach 1 is a proven powertrain get the stang. but if you have to stay true to the compact scene get the RX8 hot car

TK91GT
05-03-2003, 12:01 AM
there will be no reliablity problems with the mach 1 at all and the cobra hold back was a paint issue I think. the 4.6 in the mach 1 is a proven powertrain get the stang. but if you have to stay true to the compact scene get the RX8 hot car

THREE40SEVEN
05-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat
screw reliability! :D (get an fbody, faster and more reliable than a stang, and sometimes cheaper!)
The new mustangs are VERY reliable.

ConVict
05-03-2003, 12:36 PM
I didnt read through everything everyone posted so if I say something dumb just kick me... But
I read Car and Driver and the Mach 1 was rated higher then a S2000, and a Audi TT all around. It just barely lost, by like one point to the 350Z. I love the Rx8 but people are saying, dont get the ford its unreliable while saying yes to a rotory engine. PALEEZ

Get what ever fits your budget the best, but I would say best BANG for the buck would be the Mach 1, best car all around would be the RX8.

Atombomb
05-03-2003, 09:21 PM
The Mach 1 is my vote from the list, very original, very RESPECTFUL, and true. The noise you make will scare any half sized honda, if not shake it to pieces from road rumble... haha, not to cut hondas or anything, just to illustrate point (some hondas are almost half the size)

:clap:

Plus, since ford is releasing the new Mach 1, ford racing has taken on a contract that will ensure all kinds of cool stuff is going to be out on the market soon, they have something of a straight exhaust system that they are releasing with the new mach 1, ford racing has some mod parts that you can put on the later than 2000 versions to accomodate this It looks cooler than it sounds.

T5_X
05-03-2003, 11:15 PM
mach one fo shizzle.... if you can get one.

James
05-04-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
I love the Rx8 but people are saying, dont get the ford its unreliable while saying yes to a rotory engine. PALEEZ

:werd:....both are sweet cars, not sure which i would pick, as i hate the 4-door part of the RX-8, if anyone has seen a photo-sopped version making it a 2-door you'll know what i mean, sooooo much nicer!. I think it was Eliptix who made one :dunno:....i would think it would be hard to pick up either of these cars unless you put down a Deposit ahead of time( like REAL SOON)...might want to figure it out before its too late!

TomTom
05-04-2003, 12:59 PM
wow suprised with so many people picking a car that they cant even really touch yet! its an rx-8 gota be the best pick right. lol its nice, 350z's nice and the mach 1 looks pretty good too

DSM Power
05-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey DSM POWER, wanna help me look for a TOP condition Talon or an Eclipse?

I am very very picky.
Heh, it took me well over a year to find the DSM I was after - must have patience Daniel-san!! :tongue: All I can say is search the Autotrader and local listings and dealers religously. Oh yeah, and do not deal with Varsity Chrysler. :guns:

Originally posted by Ranger_X31

mach one fo shizzle.... if you can get one.

I was told that there is a limit of one for dealer, which makes about 10 available in the city. I don't think you're going to find one sitting on the lot! :dunno:

Super Panda
05-04-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

:clap: :thumbsup:

Yea man, the EVO VIII is killer. We get to see it soon I think.
Mustang is good car too. Bang for buck. 95 Eagle Talon TSi very nice too. But I suggest EVO if you have the money. If not, then the 'stang. Hmm.. EVO vs Mach 1....

Daxin
05-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Damn it. I've got a bit of a problem. last year my insurance Co told me I couldn't insure a sports car cuz of my Careless Driver record. They told me to wait one more year, so that it'll be 4 years since my incident. Well, they told me I'd have to wait another year now. What the F.........! Do you normally have to wait 4 years or 5 years till your not considered HIGH RISK?

Cypher_69
05-05-2003, 02:48 AM
if i could pick one car that was not on your list, i would have to choose the 350Z, but otherwise i would choose the rx-8. It certainly looks like a sweet ride and heard that it handles great. Doesn't have too much oomph to it though.

DSM Power
05-05-2003, 04:41 PM
last year my insurance Co told me I couldn't insure a sports car cuz of my Careless Driver record. They told me to wait one more year, so that it'll be 4 years since my incident. Well, they told me I'd have to wait another year now.
Maybe they're just trying to tell you "we don't want to insure you"... Normally it's up to you if you want to pay the big $$. I'd try switching companies now. :dunno:

Daxin
05-05-2003, 06:58 PM
DSM power,

I called a few other insurance company's and still the same song and dance. I have to wait till Sept 2004 till they insure me a Fast car. They said 5 years from the date of convinction. I told them I'll be willing to bite the cost of insurance, as long as its not too too high. But no go. I guess I"ll just have to wait another year.

Cypher, the 350Z is a great car but outside of my budget.