PDA

View Full Version : Strut tower braces 91-95 MR2

MrPid
10-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Is anybody using Strut Tower Braces their Mark II's? I'm looking at buying one for my back end at the least - I've got way too much flex there. Might buy one as well for the front end if it looks like they actually help.

I'm just trying to see what people's experience has been with them - if they made a noticeable difference. If so, mostly in the front or rear or both. And if so, what brand was used and in the case of the rear did they keep the existing engine bay cross brace or scrap it?

Thanks - appreciate the input.

pulse_crx
10-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I got a cusco rear in my car. Kept the stock ones too! Didnt notice too much of a difference. Depends on what your running for suspension too.

MrPid
10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Running ST sway bars front and rear and rebushing'd with harder eurothane. Other than that stock suspension on alessio rims with T1 proxes...

Redlyne_mr2
10-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Ive got the trd one in the back and a carbon jic in the front. I have yet to drive the car with them but I expect to feel a big difference primarly when the suspension is under some serious load.

stealth
10-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Ryan your suspension barely moves! hahahah.

Rob showed me how stiff it is, when I stopped by the shop.

Redlyne_mr2
10-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by stealth
Ryan your suspension barely moves! hahahah.

Rob showed me how stiff it is, when I stopped by the shop.
haha goddamn Rob....ya its pretty stiff, and thats without my rear sway, lower front bar and upper strut bars on it. I will get killed on Edmonton roads.