PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Install

Jynx
10-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Who did you guys use to have your satellite systems installed?

I called Satellite City and got a quote for them but wanted to call around to some other places.

Any suggestions?

Mibz
10-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Try DotTV

PistNbroke
10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
We used to run a little Sat shop and always used a guy named Richard from Tech-Link Industries. The best installer we had ever found.

GQBalla
10-17-2006, 02:31 PM
do it yourself.
it isn't hard.

depending if your goin FTA or like bell or star choice.

Jynx
10-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
do it yourself.
it isn't hard.

depending if your goin FTA or like bell or star choice.

Thanks for the suggestion but their is no way in hell im going up on my roof.

CRXguy
10-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Bell contracts out Cabletronix.

Jynx
10-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Bell contracts out Cabletronix.

Yea but i am having alot of trouble with these people.
It seems as tho they dont want my business, when i call them they say i must book through bell, when i talk to bell they tell me to call cabletronix directly.

The bottom line in my perspective is that i am a paying customer and should be given service regardless of who i book through.

Just my .02

dragonone
10-18-2006, 12:50 AM
does anyone know the policy in an apartment that is rented?

GQBalla
10-18-2006, 08:43 AM
you have to check with your landlord and see if your aloud - most likely youll end up puttin it on your deck ^^^^^

and Jynx is your roof really high up? or are you planning on puttin it in a location where you can barely see it (maybe really high) because even if you get a professional install, they are goin to put it where its the most simple to install and maintain.

Jynx
10-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

Jynx is your roof really high up? or are you planning on puttin it in a location where you can barely see it (maybe really high) because even if you get a professional install, they are goin to put it where its the most simple to install and maintain.

I have no idea, nor do i really care where they put it. Whatever works for them works for me.
The reason i wont even attempt to do it myself is because i am not the least bit mechanically inclined. I dont think we even have a screw driver at home.

haha