PDA

View Full Version : Big 4x4 trucks vs. ricers

blueToy
10-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Ok all you ranters/haters/bitches etc . Have your say HERE rather then on the other thread where folks were showing some respect for the dead and injured .

Let me start it off :

coming out of Brentwood mall onto Brentwood Blvd ( behind the mall ) yesterday around 3ish , little white older Toyota car with 3 students not only blew the stop sign , but were speeding to boot . Then you pulled a shithook at the next intersection and followed you 2 other buddies to Kilkenny's I'm assuming .
This could of been a potentially ver y dangerous situation , especially as the 3 dough-heads in the Toyota didn't even seem one bit concerned or maybe they didn't even realize there is a 3 way stop at that intersection . Someone walking across that car would've been maimed or killed . All the time , they were laughing ( seemed stoned ) and having a great ol time . IDIOTS .

Honda_002
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
what does this have to do with big trucks and ricers?

tapout
10-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda_002
what does this have to do with big trucks and ricers? :werd: :confused:

DoubleLP
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
He is saying that because on another thread there were people saying that big trucks are more dangerous then "ricers".

And that is not true at all as it all in the hands of the driver no matter what you are driving.

Yes trucks do more damage, but the small cars can just as easily kill someone as a truck does.

Honda_002
10-17-2006, 04:30 PM
I dont mind bigger trucks, but it seems they all have this ignorant ass mindset that they are bigger than everyone, in my opinion i think its a compensation issue:dunno:

thats just my opinion though, not to stereotype or anything

BrknFngrs
10-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I know what your saying with the mentality that seems to go with big trucks and it holds true most of the time from my experience. What i really dont like though is when big ass 4x4's get an 8" lift and rip around the city, as much as its there choice to mod how they want, its everyone elses ass if they hit em.

shawtie
10-17-2006, 04:33 PM
everyone just needs to watch out for one another....

the_new_santa1
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I used to know a couple of guys with big 4x4's and they never wheeled they just had to have the bigger truck...My girfriend says she thinks they all have small penisis...?:werd:

Honda_002
10-17-2006, 04:47 PM
I hate guys who jack their trucks up and never wheel them. IT doesnt make sense, why would you jack it up and pay way more for gas? I also hate the fuck heads who have trucks that are old ass and they have like 6" body lifts and they are lifted in ghetto ass ways ect, and they are just unsafe as fuck:guns: I pretty much hate 4 x 4's period

shawtie
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM
maybe they just like to sit higher?? I unno.

dodger97
10-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This will be a neverending debate...people with cars hate on the people with trucks...people on motorcycles hate on everyone...etc, etc.

I have a truck for a purpose...not to "compensate" for anything.

It's a matter of preference...I do feel safer driving my truck than I did when I had a sport compact. But I also drive with the mindset that my vehicle reacts differently to situations than other types of vehicles - that is the difference.

I realize this forum is geared towards the import/tuner market but I had hopes that it would be more tolerant towards those who enjoy the car community and don't drive a "car." My mistake.

Just my .02...let the bashing begin.

blueToy
10-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by DoubleLP
He is saying that because on another thread there were people saying that big trucks are more dangerous then "ricers".

And that is not true at all as it all in the hands of the driver no matter what you are driving.

Yes trucks do more damage, but the small cars can just as easily kill someone as a truck does.

Correct , and thank you . I was in a rush and didn't have time to explain the whole other thread .

To add some more ravings :

Trucks , cars , even motorcycles can kill . Heck , didn't some kid in the NW just get his head smashed in by a rock that was shot up by a passing bus tire ? In this city of a million people are millions of ways of being killed . Thats why we have laws , rules , regulations and such . If everyone follows them , the chances of getting killed lessens . Some folks , you give them a stick and they will plow the earth and plant seeds . Some folks will just whack you in the eye and rob you blind . Same goes for vehicles . To some they are just a mode of transportation . To others , they feel it represents who they want others to think they are . Some want others to think they are bad-azzes because they drive big units . Do they worry about what could happen if they get caught being stupid ? Most likely not . Do they take extra care in trying to protect others against their possible screw ups ? I highly doubt it . Do they care at all ? Not really . BUT , that being said , how much does the average Joe/Sue care ? Not much really . At least , not usually until shit happens . Unfortunately , it's always too late by then . It's one of the realities of living here in this culturally diverse and morally decaying part of the world . Lot's of crap happens , and you just never know when the Big Shit-storm is gonna hit .

bspot
10-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Take two people with equal driving skill/habits, put one in a 3000lb car, and one in a lifted pickup, and the guy in the pickup has a much higher chance of killing someone.

:closed:

95EagleAWD
10-17-2006, 11:48 PM
I'll always think sports cars are safer than anything else.

You can go, stop and move faster than anything on the road.

Keep your eyes open to avoid situations.

Tha VZA
10-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Honda_002
in my opinion i think its a compensation issue:dunno:

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
I know what your saying with the mentality that seems to go with big trucks and it holds true most of the time from my experience. What i really dont like though is when big ass 4x4's get an 8" lift and rip around the city, as much as its there choice to mod how they want, its everyone elses ass if they hit em.

Originally posted by shawtie
maybe they just like to sit higher?? I unno.

umm are ya'll retarded? ever heard of the oilpatch? you know...living in Alberta...lots of "roads" these trucks drive on NEED a lift kit to drive on the road

Originally posted by dodger97
I have a truck for a purpose...not to "compensate" for anything.

this is true, and i would say a lot of trucks are just that, meant for work

lifted trucks usually have lifetime warranties on the springs/shocks they are using, work trucks take a beating, the added road clearence, lifetime warranty for lifts, and bigger tires all are their for a purpose...these are facts...not just opinion's

what are these owners supposed to do when they come home to town for a week or so, park their vehicle and take a taxi everywhere?

Originally posted by bspot
Take two people with equal driving skill/habits, put one in a 3000lb car, and one in a lifted pickup, and the guy in the pickup has a much higher chance of killing someone.

but you could also disregard everything i said since bspot knows everything :rolleyes: where did you get this research from?

trucks do have a higher centre of gravity than a car and thus may be ditched easier if an evasive manuever takes place...that's just common sense...saying they are more likely to kill someone?

i am all for cars...i own two, and i am all for trucks...i don't own any yet

vehicles have different purposes...little import and domestic drivers who bash on lifted trucks all the time need to realize something...maybe that guy/girl has a job where their truck needs to be like that...so they can extract oil and gas so you can drive your little car around the city, and have heat in your house

:love:

/endrant

ciao

nadroj23
10-18-2006, 01:52 PM
^^^ umm im pretty sure all the soccer moms i see driving 4x4's amd bog ass tricls aremt working on the fuckin rigs.

Tha VZA
10-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by nadroj23
...amd bog ass tricls aremt...

:english:

no soccer moms arn't workin' the rigs...however i rarely see a soccer mom with a lifted 1 ton on 38's with a slip tank and/or a tool box in the bed :rolleyes:

ciao

Mangina
10-18-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by nadroj23
^^^ umm im pretty sure all the soccer moms i see driving 4x4's amd bog ass tricls aremt working on the fuckin rigs.

I teach english classes during the evenings. Call me. 911-4553

ZedMan
10-18-2006, 09:18 PM

And smart cars stand a lesser chance than either! we should all drive those! :rolleyes:

black_radiation
10-18-2006, 09:24 PM
hahaha werd ^ did u see the smart car that took out the 2 oldies walking accross the road in parkland? sad that the one died and the one is in critical

seer_claw
10-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
I'll always think sports cars are safer than anything else.

You can go, stop and move faster than anything on the road.

Keep your eyes open to avoid situations.

I drive an integra. Its considered a sports car but I can tell you that its definitely not faster than everything else on the road. I definietly feel unsafe around trucks, especially lifted ones. I can see under some of these trucks. I don't have a problem with lifted trucks but they shouldn't be driven around town out of town fine. They have huge blind spots that my car can easily fit into and if they decide to change lanes then its up to me to get out of the way. If one ever hit me there is no chance for me. It would likely go right over top, and incur very minor damage while completely destroying my car. These trucks should be kept off the city roads. My $0.02.

bspot
10-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Tha VZA

but you could also disregard everything i said since bspot knows everything :rolleyes: where did you get this research from?

Okay fuck face you drive down highway one in whatever vehicle you choose and I'll send a civic in the opposite direction at 140km/h to hit you head on and then after we'll try it again with an F-350.

Yes, I'm sure the civic will fuck you up worse :rolleyes:

Fucktard.

kaput
10-18-2006, 10:07 PM

bspot
10-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by kaput
How can you argue that lifted pickups or even stock ones like the 350 should be taken off the road? There are lots of even bigger vehicles to watch out for, semi's especially but also busses, moving vans etc. And yes so maybe some of them have a bit of additional training but that says nothing about the drivers actual skill level. Personally I would rather be hit by a lifted 350 or a hummer than a semi... its all relative and I bet this thread would be different if all the arguments weren't biased because of the recent accident.

Absolutely. I guess my issue is the semi is actually required, where as half these massive pickups aren't. Still, its not like you can pass a law saying no one can have pickups. I'm not saying that. There should be laws against lifing them though. Look at the bumpers on a semi, they won't plow right over you into your windshield. I have seen flat decks though with bumpers at head height. That pisses me off too.

blueToy
10-19-2006, 12:18 AM

There should be laws against lifing them though.

There are places in the world that do have laws against lifting a vehicle , but you're not punishing the guilty for the incident . It wasn't the trucks fault , it was the speeding , young and careless driver OF the truck that caused the accident . Had he been driving a 12,ooo pound H1 Hummer and speeding thru that red light t-boning the Camary , I think the outcome probably would'a been the same , or worse . Do we outlaw Hummers ? With that said , speeding and t-boning on wet roads that offer almost no braking power with any vehicle could of had the same outcome . This kid could of been in a lowered Honda speeding into her car . Again ,the outcome probably would of been the same , except he and his passenger may of been injured too .

Tha VZA
10-19-2006, 07:03 PM

Okay fuck face you drive down highway one in whatever vehicle you choose and I'll send a civic in the opposite direction at 140km/h to hit you head on and then after we'll try it again with an F-350.

Yes, I'm sure the civic will fuck you up worse :rolleyes:

Fucktard.

fuck face?...fucktard?...settle down their buddy...

:drama:

let me school you here a bit since you don't know much, first 140km/h is speeding, nevertheless you travel that fast and hit anything head on and tell me what happens, oh wait, you'll be dead, so you won't be able to

have you ever seen a semi tire on a wheel doing 100 km/h hit a car going the opposite direction at 100km/h...bye bye car, and unfortunately, the car's occupants, if i am not mistaken a civic weighs much more than a semi tire/wheel combo, oh wait it's bigger in size too! go figure!

:eek:

I have seen flat decks though with bumpers at head height. That pisses me off too.

you just have a lot of issues don't you bud? the bumper height of a trailer is a reason you don't follow as closely, you know you have that choice eh?

no one forces you to drive on someones ass, i know i don't do it with a semi trailer of this kind...and hey you don't have to do it with a lifted pick up...i don't see the issue here, you're just embarassing yourself by not making much sense

now come back with a simple, educated, thought out response, without saying fuck you...because i am not attacking you, just your statement...for all i know you're a wicked person...just when it comes to this thread...your points are irrelevant

Originally posted by seer_claw

I drive an integra...I definietly feel unsafe around trucks, especially lifted ones...They have huge blind spots that my car can easily fit into and if they decide to change lanes then its up to me to get out of the way. If one ever hit me there is no chance for me. It would likely go right over top, and incur very minor damage while completely destroying my car. These trucks should be kept off the city roads. My $0.02.

true, they do have big blind spots...but the newer trucks do have wicked mirrors in them now to avoid this, not fullproof but it helps a lot compared to even 5 years ago

also, you know not to "stay" in someone's blind spot right, if you can see their face in any mirror, they can see you, same goes for any vehicle you are approaching

:thumbsup:

ciao

Black Gts
10-19-2006, 07:42 PM
i used to drive a 5 ton around the city daily. Bigger vehicles do tend to command more of the road, because they need a little more of the road. A decent driver of a bigger vehicle understands he/she is in a machine that can hurt someone, however drivers of smaller vehicles dont understand the needs of this vehicle. If drivers would not tailgate, and cut off bigger vehicles alot would/could be avoided.
Also a pet peeve of mine when I was driving is blind spots, anybody remember seeing semi trucks with stickers that said, IF YOU CANT SEE MY MIRRORS I CANT SEE YOU..... Live by that around bigger vehicles, and you will be better off, yes you will still get ignorant dicks who cant drive, and dont shoulder check, but if your not in a blind spot there is alot less to worry about.

Tha VZA
10-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts
IF YOU CANT SEE MY MIRRORS I CANT SEE YOU..... Live by that around bigger vehicles, and you will be better off, yes you will still get ignorant dicks who cant drive, and dont shoulder check, but if your not in a blind spot there is alot less to worry about.

that should be on the front page of this forum

well said

ciao

Honda_002
10-19-2006, 10:33 PM
wow, this got out of hand quick. And to clarify my previous statements im not saying I hate trucks, I just hate the mentality of some of the drivers, and how some trucks are lifted (unsafely). Wheelers have the same passion we do, just different, we shouldnt hate on them and although I said i hated all 4 x 4's, some people need them on oil rigs ect, but some people are blowing this way out of proportion, why should we ban lifted trucks. I think we should crush your car because its lowered, or because your ricer l.e.d tailights distract people. Sure trucks MAY be safer but thats a decision for YOU and YOU only to make.

my .02

Schwa
10-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Having had a Dodge Ram cut me off the other day, I agree with SeerCaw. Anyway you put it, if a truck hits a car, the truck is going to come out relatively unscathed, and since the frame is so much higher on a truck - especially lifted ones- it will not hit the impact absorbing parts of a passenger car, and instead just plow through the window.

Combine this with bright ass headlights and fog lamps and you just have something that is plain irritating. I drive a stock integra, so it's not just the modded cars having this problem.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-19-2006, 11:37 PM
I've been run into oncoming traffic twice because of lifted trucks, thankfully nothing bad happened, but on the same note, I also got run into the should of the road by first a GTI and then a few hours later a sunfire... so idiots don't only drive trucks... I've noticed most truck drivers, tend to have a ricer kind of attitude "I'm bigger, i demand respect" I know this, because the first time I drove a big truck my first thought was "I can run over civics like mine!" haha... :angel:

Everyone should watch out for eachother... problem: Alberta drivers overall tend to SUCK ASS!

Schwa
10-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't think the argument is which vehicles have the most bad drivers. Obvoiusly therse bad truck drivers, bad import drivers, bad van drivers, bad drivers everywhere.

I believe the original point is, a bad truck driver is worse than a bad compact driver because of the damage potential of a truck. It is heavier, higher off the ground, and harder to manouever in an emergency situation.

CivicTunr
10-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
I've been run into oncoming traffic twice because of lifted trucks, thankfully nothing bad happened, but on the same note, I also got run into the should of the road by first a GTI and then a few hours later a sunfire... so idiots don't only drive trucks... I've noticed most truck drivers, tend to have a ricer kind of attitude "I'm bigger, i demand respect" I know this, because the first time I drove a big truck my first thought was "I can run over civics like mine!" haha... :angel:

Everyone should watch out for eachother... problem: Alberta drivers overall tend to SUCK ASS!

haha i remember the sunfire and GTI, both were tools, but it was funny when we boxed the sunfire in and decided to go 100km/hr haha.

bspot
10-20-2006, 03:08 AM

fuck face?...fucktard?...settle down their buddy...

Fair enough. I shouldn't post when pissed off.

let me school you here a bit since you don't know much, first 140km/h is speeding,

So you've never seen a car going 140 the other way on highway one? I see it every trip I'm on.

nevertheless you travel that fast and hit anything head on and tell me what happens, oh wait, you'll be dead, so you won't be able to

Its likely, but not guaranteed. Its more likely if its a huge truck hitting you than a compact car. You can't deny that. And I note you didn't even try to refute that point.

have you ever seen a semi tire on a wheel doing 100 km/h hit a car going the opposite direction at 100km/h...bye bye car, and unfortunately, the car's occupants, if i am not mistaken a civic weighs much more than a semi tire/wheel combo, oh wait it's bigger in size too! go figure!

You're not 100% toast if you get hit by a semi wheel, agian, there's a good chance you might be. Thats why they are very careful about tightening their lugs. Anyways, that has little to do with this argument. Saying the civic is bigger doesn't mean anything. We could take a 3000lb vehicle that is much bigger than a civic even... lets say... a blimp. Just because a blimp is bigger doesn't make it more deadly. I'd rather get hit by a blimp than a semi wheel. The civic might be a better bet too, as its designed for impact with another vehicle, the semi wheel isn't, and will likely go up your hood and through your windsheild. The civic is unlikely to do that.

you just have a lot of issues don't you bud? the bumper height of a trailer is a reason you don't follow as closely, you know you have that choice eh?

no one forces you to drive on someones ass, i know i don't do it with a semi trailer of this kind...and hey you don't have to do it with a lifted pick up...i don't see the issue here, you're just embarassing yourself by not making much sense

Who said I follow these trucks closely? you'd be totally wrong. I get the hell away from them. Still, shit happens, and I'd be VERY surprised if no one has ever been hurt by a truck with a high bumper coming into the passenger cabin. According to you we might as well be able to drive tanks to work, because afterall, no one makes you drive near them.

dodger97
10-20-2006, 04:02 AM
^^That's the whole point...we do not all drive similar vehicles. There will always be those bigger than us - it depends on "who" is driving it that is the factor. Like I said before - I know my truck responds differently/slower than a smaller vehicle and I drive accordingly. That is the issue...I take offense to the "hate" subjected to trucks...as I guess those would who drive sport compacts, etc. The random stereotyping is the killer...

Yes, I am a born/raised "redneck" Albertan...but also female and there again another stereotype - chicks shouldn't drive trucks.

I don't like to be randomly grouped...

Again, end of rant

Thanks

Janet

blueToy
10-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Whao , a chick that drives a truck ...:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

J/K'ing ...

We're actually very lucky here that we still have the freedoms to change things here in Alberta . If you lived in Germany , even adding a new stereo system to your vehicle would be a huge hassle .

Personally , I like the way the Aussies do it . Any mods to your vehicle has to be engineer approved , thereby almost guaranteeing that you local neighbourhood hack isn't going to install , say , a homemade liftkit that consists of cranking the torsion bars and useing hockey pucks for the rear . :eek:

We still have ceratin freedoms here , and any group that usually tries and changes another usually causes a shit-storm that noboby wants . From the original thread about the the Camary getting t-boned by the lifted Ford F350 , we all need to chill . More laws outlawing this or that isn't going to either bring this lady back nor really look at why this happened in the first place . The guy fawked up , and he may have been a accident waiting to happen . I'm a redneck Albertan too , and have met lots of Yahoos both in Calgary and " in the bush " who shouldn't be driving because they just don't care . They are the center of the universe and have a fawk-everybody attitude . Actually , I saw some blonde bimbo , on her cell , ( realtor/hooker er ... escort maybe ?? ) in a lifted and very shiney Hummer H2 with oversized tires ( not just heightwise , these things stuck out probably 4 inches from the body ) , totally tinted out driving down Northmount Dr NW yesterday like she owned the road . Actually came to a light that traffic had already been driving thru ( single lane at this point ) and just cut by everyone to get as far as she could before cutting everyone off . Not only was she not really paying attention , but she did it in a vehicle that was way-obviouly illegal . Limo tinted , and tires way too wide . Some would say she has lots of nerve or balls for this , others ( like I ) think it's only a matter of time before she does some serious damage . With that said though , its up to the cops to fight this battle . Will they pull her over ? Probably not . Lots of bling could be a challenge to fight in court , not to mention her probably throwing a hissy-fit and stuff . Does it even really matter in the long run ? Who knows , really .

DoubleLP
10-20-2006, 08:35 AM
How much does everyone want to bet that there is a thread somewhere on a 4x4 forum that states "Why I hate those damn ricers"???

It does not matter what you drive, it is HOW you drive it. I have driven a lot of different vehicles from a Viper to a 5-tonne truck. If I cut someone off with the Viper, they get pissed off. I cut someone off with the 5-tonne truck...they get pissed off.

If I hit someone with the Viper....damage. If I hit someone with the 5-tonne truck...more damage. The bigger you are, the more damage you are more then likely going to cause.

It is up to the driver to make the decision on how they want to drive. And as the other driver, we have to make sure that we are aware of what is going on around us and make sure we are ready for an accident in case the idiot decides to make a stupid move.

Nufy
10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Maybe the problems isn't that the trucks are too high...

But that the cars are too low......

:eek:

I'm gonna go hide now..................:burnout:

98brg2d
10-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I think something that says alot about the danger of larger trucks to small cars is how small car design has changed in the last 12 years (since the much larger full sized trucks started coming out, first being the Dodge Ram in 1994). Compact cars are generally 400 - 500 lbs heavier now without an external size increase. Window sills are much higher on cars now (as much as 6" higher) to deal with side impacts with higher bumpers on trucks.

What were the reasons for the size increase in trucks (which in turn forced design changes in cars)? Marketing to the people who think bigger is better.

I drive on lease roads that as are bad as any work related road will get. I drive a Dakota. This size truck is not huge but very capable (and durable enough) for me to drive offroad all year. People who have driven mid-sized trucks offroad know that the goliaths available are not required. Trucks were not this big in the '60s, '70s and '80s and they don't need to be this big now.

Besides, body lifts do not make your truck more trail-worthy (aside from approach/departure angles).

Speedy
10-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I totally think that they should have higher insurance for large trucks, I don't know how many times I have been passed in my car on deerfoot by some dumb fuck in a jacked up F-350 doing like 40kmh faster then I am at 120kmh.

Drive whatever you want both vehicles will kill people in an accident but why should I pay insurance more because I have less power and more control then these trucks and it can't be driver attitude because I would lay down money that the guy driving back from working on the rigs that was up all night drinkin and then drives 12 hours to get home is far more likley to get into an accident then some "ricers" out there.

Just my rant!

dodger97
10-21-2006, 03:09 AM
^^ok...now you want to do a cost by cost analysis...YES...my insurance is probably more than yours cuz my TRUCK is possibly more expensive to replace than yours. Depends on the variants.

As for the comment - the guy driving back from the rig...BS...stop stereotyping the bs then we can have a real discussion/debate.

END RANT:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

BTW...just to throw this out there for more discussion...

Why don't we "outlaw" lowered or smaller vehicles...the idea was thrown out there that there shouldn't be "lifted" trucks...how about all vehicles should be trucks...lifted...just to see the other side of the coin.

alienman
10-21-2006, 03:57 AM

BTW...just to throw this out there for more discussion...

Why don't we "outlaw" lowered or smaller vehicles...the idea was thrown out there that there shouldn't be "lifted" trucks...how about all vehicles should be trucks...lifted...just to see the other side of the coin.

That seems like a good idea seeing as it appears the people in the larger vehicles always sustain the least damage and injury according to what others have been posting. Not to mention the economical influx into the fuel industry.

Originally posted by Speedy
it can't be driver attitude because I would lay down money that the guy driving back from working on the rigs that was up all night drinkin and then drives 12 hours to get home is far more likley to get into an accident then some "ricers" out there.

Since you insist on stereotyping people there would be no difference from the dumb ass punk that drives the lowered civic/bmw/rice rocket who has been out drinking and partying with his little friends and decides to drive home showing off his big 200hp rice burner and crashes his car.

dodger97
10-21-2006, 04:03 AM
Thank you...finally someone else other than myself and "Tha VZA" and "Nufy" that understand - not all are created equal.

But...let the irrational flaming begin

;)

eljefe
10-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I drive both a 4 door 4 x 4 truck and a smaller sportscar but you can damned well bet if I am taking my kids out of town any distance I always take the truck. If I were to end up in an accident the kids are far safer in the truck than in one of my smaller vehicles. I drive both and I drive them both the same way. :dunno:

seer_claw
10-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by eljefe
I drive both a 4 door 4 x 4 truck and a smaller sportscar but you can damned well bet if I am taking my kids out of town any distance I always take the truck. If I were to end up in an accident the kids are far safer in the truck than in one of my smaller vehicles. I drive both and I drive them both the same way. :dunno:

And therein lies the problem. You feel safer, and no doubt you are. But, I'm not saying this will happen, but if you get into an accident with me in my car who's going to lose. I konw for a fact that its going to be me. Your vehicle will sustain minor damages and in the best case destroy my car.

I don't hold that against truck drivers, there a lots of bad drivers regardless of which vehicle is being driven but these new factory lifted trucks that are being driven around town are outrageous. Do people need to go grocery shopping in them?

l8braker
10-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by eljefe

Yo, you have kids? For some reason i always pictured you being around 18 (a well-spoken 18 year old), but young...

Tha VZA
10-23-2006, 12:11 AM
So you've never seen a car going 140 the other way on highway one? I see it every trip I'm on.

oh i have seen it, just saying it is speeding ;)

Its likely, but not guaranteed. Its more likely if its a huge truck hitting you than a compact car. You can't deny that. And I note you didn't even try to refute that point.

i didnt try to refute that specific aspect because the point i was making was that size in head on collision is not the determining factor as far as extent of injury etc

Originally posted by bspot Just because a blimp is bigger doesn't make it more deadly. I'd rather get hit by a blimp than a semi wheel. The civic might be a better bet too, as its designed for impact with another vehicle, the semi wheel isn't, and will likely go up your hood and through your windsheild. The civic is unlikely to do that.

a blimp? come on man at least keep it to things that are actually on the road...yes the car is designed for impact, no the wheel isn't, but yes trucks are also designed for impact...

this debate can always go on forever, i am just saying that just because a truck hits something it doesn't always mean it will bring a hurricane of fury to the accident scene, just because it is bigger

Originally posted by bspot According to you we might as well be able to drive tanks to work, because afterall, no one makes you drive near them.

i dont know where you inferred that i said that...but again, lets be reasonable (blimp? tank?) most trucks are used for a purpose, semi's, trailers, pickup's, they all serve a purpose and are used by someone for their job...soldiers drive tank's in war's because that's the vehicle of choise for their job, the oilpatch/construction industry drive trucks, because that's the vehicle of choice for their job...it's not just driving something for the sake of driving it (which i am sure does happen) but more for the people who drive that type of vehicle because it aids them while working

Do people need to go grocery shopping in them?

well those kinda trucks only seeing in town use...yeah okay i agree, for the ones that work outside of town

what are these owners supposed to do when they come home to town for a week or so, park their vehicle and take a taxi everywhere?

ciao

eljefe
10-23-2006, 05:05 AM

And therein lies the problem. You feel safer, and no doubt you are. But, I'm not saying this will happen, but if you get into an accident with me in my car who's going to lose. I konw for a fact that its going to be me. Your vehicle will sustain minor damages and in the best case destroy my car.

And if you get into an accident with a smart car you may sustain a scratch or two in your bumper but that smart car is going to be a wreck. Should we all just drive smart cars then?

eljefe
10-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by l8braker

Yo, you have kids? For some reason i always pictured you being around 18 (a well-spoken 18 year old), but young...

Hey now easy there ! I may not be 18 , or even 28... actually in my mid 30's and that is still young damnit!~:D

energieboi
10-23-2006, 04:43 PM
All truckers have this ignorant small mind like they can do whatever they want and if they hit you its your fault for not dodge and get out of the way. :thumbsdow I was sitting as a turning lane in hampton rogers video (rents lucky number slevin great movie btw) And this huge raised 4x4 decided to turn and noticed that he ll hit me half way after he turned. So he stoped give me the RAGING look and said move back so he can turn in, I just ignored him and turned my way. I can see him raise his finger out the window as i turned away. He was so close stracthing my entire front bumper. I have way too much negative exp with truckers. Truckers all need to go back to kindergarden and learn to share. Dumbass:thumbsdow

dodger97
10-23-2006, 05:21 PM
And I could be rude and say go back to ESL class then post but I won't...

Oh wait, I just did :D

EK 2.0
10-23-2006, 05:25 PM
And I could be rude and say go back to ESL class then post but I won't...

Oh wait, I just did :D

dang...boo-yah!!

Never had bad expiriences with truck drivers...but in my lowered Civic I do worry sometimes...

euro.roma
10-23-2006, 06:59 PM
ok seeing as ive driven trucks and am in now in a sport compact. What I believe as my "theory" is that basicly you shouldn't be able to get ur license when ur 16 cuz your immature and usualy have little regard for others, this in turn allows u to teach yourself bad driving habits, that you will maintain probably throughout your lifetime. Mini, Truck, sport compact, bike, moped, dont really care...... if you suck at driving, become a passenger bitch for the rest of your life and stfu. You shouldn't drive, might be physical, might be mental I dont care your "persona;l freedoms" only go as far as before they endanger my life.

btw white kid, wearing diesel and driving grand prix with blue glow, Way to hit the curb at the red light on sat. We laughed all night long haha. Turn down your music guy, obviously its diminishing your reactions.

blueToy
10-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by euro.roma
ok seeing as ive driven trucks and am in now in a sport compact. What I believe as my "theory" is that basicly you shouldn't be able to get ur license when ur 16 cuz your immature and usualy have little regard for others, this in turn allows u to teach yourself bad driving habits, that you will maintain probably throughout your lifetime. Mini, Truck, sport compact, bike, moped, dont really care...... if you suck at driving, become a passenger bitch for the rest of your life and stfu. You shouldn't drive, might be physical, might be mental I dont care your "persona;l freedoms" only go as far as before they endanger my life.

btw white kid, wearing diesel and driving grand prix with blue glow, Way to hit the curb at the red light on sat. We laughed all night long haha. Turn down your music guy, obviously its diminishing your reactions.

Holy shiat Batman ,

were you wired when you wrote this ? You need to stay away from all drugs dood , including Red Bull or even Timmy's ' cuz i red dat like 3 times be4 I understood that ur mental or something dat shit . Yahhhooooo ....

FWIW , trucks or cars don't kill people . People kill people .