PDA

View Full Version : Another car broken into @ Whitehorn

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 07:14 PM
FACK, was gone to work this morning and got off the train at about 5:20ish after work, and i find this:

So it happened sometime between 7:30-5 today, boo

*edit* - I disalarmed my alpine alarm and noticed it went off, but when i got closer, i noticed the trunk and heard the extra chirps,

my trunk slightly opened, and my drivers side window pulled on, as well my jdm window visor broken on the ground. Yep, my stereo stolen... :(, my apexi RSM and V-afc also stolen.

Sucks to be me, haven't lived here for too long yet and my first time my car was broken into., F**K!!!!

Trunk setup was a complete false-floor, with amp rack, and caps facing towards the back seat, while the amps were slightly raised pointing to the top of the trunk.

sub box is perfectly made of fibreglass and will fit a 96-00 civic coupe/sedan as well a 1.6el i think.

So what did i have:
2- ADS A10s subs, discontinuted and they were awesome
1- JL Audio 500/1
1- JL Audio 300/2
1 - Swiss Audio 1 Farad Cap
1 - Monster w/ Digital Voltmeter 1 Farad Cap
2 - Alpine Crossovers from the 3-Way Component set, SPX-F17T

also the Apexi RSM & V-AFC version 1, they didn't get the short/extention cable that is wired to the ecu, but who cares, they got he more expensive part.

fack this sucks.....

quikkoop
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Calgary is turning into one hell of a crappy city! Sorry to hear about the break in. :whipped: Makes me angry to think of the thought and work that goes into our cars just to be ruined!

dj_rice
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry for your loss

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 07:23 PM
yeah i know, now the question is what to do, where to park, how am i gonna get to work and shit, i don't wanna park there again,

jdm_eg6
10-17-2006, 07:31 PM
No parking lot is ever safe to park in, where was your alarm. My theory is anyone with a system should have a great alarm because to this date i dont know one person who hasent had their system stolen. Its a shitty world out there but the best we can do is wear boots or bring a shovel. Sorry to hear about your loss, its so hard to track that kind of stuff. Good luck with any insurance you might be able to claim, and with any future things with your car.

-JDM

EDIT: that is one f*king massive system to steal in broad day light. People in the north need to voice and stop being pussies. People never get cought if no one talks!

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
well the alarm i would just say went off, but being in the whitehorn station, don't think many ppl did shit about it

got an alpine alarm, it went off, that's what i know

jdm_eg6
10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
awe man, thats crappy. I hate people that steal stuff soo much. I kind of wish we had that hand chopping off thing here. Really, not for minor stuff but deliberate planned stuff like that. They deserve losing their hands. synical yes but these punks need fear to bust their balls.

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 07:38 PM
yeah tell me about it, but what can ya do, hopefully insurance pays me enough,

i'll have to assume that either some facking theives were checking my car out of it was just a bad day

jdm_eg6
10-17-2006, 07:40 PM
ill tell my friends to keep an eye out, :thumbsup:

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 07:43 PM
thx,

pls everyone keep alook out, teh ads subs look pretty plain but they were awesome, sounded so good, great sq sub

Mitsu3000gt
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Sucks that happened to you, and I hope they catch that asshole and find your stuff.

On another note, never ever ever ever park anything you care about at a C-train station. You might as well leave it unlocked, so WHEN (not IF) the theives get into it (and they will) there will at least be less damage.

Thats how I feel about it anyways. I've heard WAY too many stories to think anything else.

WWJAI
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
sorry about your stuff man. I live right in that area and am always awaiting for the one day i go to my car and have it stolen or something. Its normally a decent neighborhood but some dumb fucks probably in whitehorn went peeping in your car to look for stuff to steal. Sounds like a very expensive sound system.. i only hope these motherfuckers get caught and a big boot to the face:whipped:

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
yeah, well i never really have parked there or taken the train b4 until i started my job downtown. I'd like to find somethign close there to park other than the lot, but yeah, i'm not sure what else to do

rc2002
10-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Holy crap! That sucks to hear Mike. That was some high end car audio too - my stereo was stolen a couple years back too. I didn't even claim it because I didn't want my insurance to go up.

Ever since, I haven't bothered putting in aftermarket stereos.

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
i know what you mean richard, my brother had it happen to him before as well, and how i don't know what to do, not sure if i'll put something back in or what, i'll have to find out what insurance wants to do

al-ti2d
10-17-2006, 07:53 PM
man that sucks! sorry to hear bro. did you have any kind of security system on your car??

WWJAI
10-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by hoamic11
yeah, well i never really have parked there or taken the train b4 until i started my job downtown. I'd like to find somethign close there to park other than the lot, but yeah, i'm not sure what else to do

Unfortunately in that area, there's no where else to find parking. Unless you park at the safeway and walk like 5 minutes to the station but even there isn't considered safe. Your only other option would be to leave your car at home and take the bus to the station then hop on the c-train to work.

WWJAI
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by al-ti2d
man that sucks! sorry to hear bro. did you have any kind of security system on your car??

You need to learn to read the thread before posting questions.

al-ti2d
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

You need to learn to read the thread before posting questions.

i did read the thread.. so unless i misunderstood something, i don't think i remember reading if he had a compustar system installed or nething like that? i was just curious to whether he had alarms or not.

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 08:07 PM

i did read the thread.. so unless i misunderstood something, i don't think i remember reading if he had a compustar system installed or nething like that?

sorry it wasn't in the orginal post of a few posts down i had:

well the alarm i would just say went off, but being in the whitehorn station, don't think many ppl did shit about it

WWJAI
10-17-2006, 08:08 PM

i did read the thread.. so unless i misunderstood something, i don't think i remember reading if he had a compustar system installed or nething like that? i was just curious to whether he had alarms or not.

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 08:10 PM
no one ever catches the guys after or gets there stuff back here do they???

al-ti2d
10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
no one ever catches the guys after or gets there stuff back here do they???

very rare. most likely your stuff was stolen so the fuckers could sell it off and make some money

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 08:16 PM

very rare. most likely your stuff was stolen so the fuckers could sell it off and make some money

probably, damn fuckers

al-ti2d
10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
damn man.. i have the same car as you too, a 99 Si.... this is exactly why i'm so iffy about installing a sound system in the car. Civics get broken into so easily :banghead:

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 08:20 PM
oh really,

well this is my first one, and to think it hasn't happened to me in regina yet, but now i'm here, it wasn't a good day for me

bighead2267
10-17-2006, 08:20 PM
no matter which train station. it's the same.. break in happen all the time..........park elsewhere

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
damn man.. i have the same car as you too, a 99 Si.... this is exactly why i'm so iffy about installing a sound system in the car. Civics get broken into so easily :banghead:

what end are you living in?

somethign makes me think that i was being watched over about this

WWJAI
10-17-2006, 08:22 PM

indeed they do which is why i'm scared as well since i drive a civic. which is why for my next car, i don't think i'll be buying another sound system..too much of a hassle to worry about. If you want one, just get some cheaper stuff that you won't care too much about..at least it'll sound better than stock.

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 08:23 PM

indeed they do which is why i'm scared as well since i drive a civic. which is why for my next car, i don't think i'll be buying another sound system..too much of a hassle to worry about. If you want one, just get some cheaper stuff that you won't care too much about..at least it'll sound better than stock.

yeah i know what you mean, i'm not sure what my plan of action is now, maybe put my spare tire back in, and who knows

DGill
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
i hate whitehorn there had been 2 attepts to break into my previous car when it was pared there, once they broke in moved the car to another side of the parking lot and tryed to steal the deck but i guess they werent sucessful and just booked it

WWJAI
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM

yeah i know what you mean, i'm not sure what my plan of action is now, maybe put my spare tire back in, and who knows

w/e your plans are..don't ever write them on beyond as those theives may just be lurking around here on beyond and finding targets

most likely they just gave the system very cheap to their friends or are intending to use it for themselves...no offense but with the equipment you had..if i had it in my hands, i'd use them myself.

Dayclone
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Dude I never park my car at the station. Cause i've witnessed
people breaking into cars. Except cops were too fucking slow to
get there so what am I supposed to do? Don't suppose I pull a
gun out and start capping the mother fuckers. That's why I park
far far away at like a store. Perhaps Home Depot or somewhere
big.... but still man it's like people turn a blind eye to car alarms
going off.... it's like people don't care???? I don't know what's
happening to this city but it's gotta stop. Perhaps having
camera's in those parking lots would be beneficial and I'd pay
a fee of $5 a month for that camera to be operational.... it can
save people's lives and shit so yeh. Btw.... Did you have tinted
windows?

Steve

al-ti2d
10-17-2006, 08:28 PM

what end are you living in?

somethign makes me think that i was being watched over about this

at least they didn't steal your entire car... theres been plenty of cases here where people have had their civics stolen and then days later the police find it somewhere completely trashed and torn apart with all the valuable parts gone.

TeamBestBud
10-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
Dude I never park my car at the station. Cause i've witnessed
people breaking into cars. Except cops were too fucking slow to
get there so what am I supposed to do? Don't suppose I pull a
gun out and start capping the mother fuckers. That's why I park
far far away at like a store. Perhaps Home Depot or somewhere
big.... but still man it's like people turn a blind eye to car alarms
going off.... it's like people don't care???? I don't know what's
happening to this city but it's gotta stop. Perhaps having
camera's in those parking lots would be beneficial and I'd pay
a fee of $5 a month for that camera to be operational.... it can
save people's lives and shit so yeh. Btw.... Did you have tinted
windows?

Steve

isnt there a cop shop walking distance from whitehorn station..in the building where nortel used to be?

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 09:35 PM
there's one over by 52nd st ne and temple drive, cause that's where i went to do the report.

hoamic11
10-17-2006, 09:39 PM

w/e your plans are..don't ever write them on beyond as those theives may just be lurking around here on beyond and finding targets

most likely they just gave the system very cheap to their friends or are intending to use it for themselves...no offense but with the equipment you had..if i had it in my hands, i'd use them myself.

Yeah, i know what you mean, well in my situation there isn't anybody really here that knew about it, i haven't even posted pics of my car b4, But if i do plan to do something it'll be secret again, but after this, who knows what i'll do
well hopefully we can find da underground of selling da shit and find some of it

at least they didn't steal your entire car... theres been plenty of cases here where people have had their civics stolen and then days later the police find it somewhere completely trashed and torn apart with all the valuable parts gone.

yeah i know what you mean, however they never popped my hood, not sure why not and shit, but it wasn't moved, cause i would have assumed they would cut the siren

are civics really easy to hot-wire?

DGill
10-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

isnt there a cop shop walking distance from whitehorn station..in the building where nortel used to be?
i always see cops parked there, a undercover doughnut shop :dunno:

Sorath
10-18-2006, 10:46 PM
if it was in the whitehorn area, please pm me, we can investigate together, i have a good idea who did it

hoamic11
10-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
if it was in the whitehorn area, please pm me, we can investigate together, i have a good idea who did it

oh really???< that would be awesome to catch this guy!

pm'd