PDA

View Full Version : My Bad Experience At Lone Star Mecedes Benz!!!

autumnrain
10-17-2006, 07:34 PM
ok guys soo get this..
we went to look at a 2006 c230w. The interest rate was high 7.45% (for 6 years) so we were going to get a loan through the bank at 6%, we are putting down 15000 and financing the rest.. We put down a 1000 dollar deposit (which he said was refundable if we couldn't get financing) to hold the car. so we weren't approved for financing and went back to ask for the deposit back. First he said he already had the car cleaned.. blah blah blah.. and we were like ok charge us $200, give us back the rest. He said the deposit is not refundable and he could try too help us get financing through mecedes benz. This guy was being a complete retard and we asked to speak to the sales manager. WHO WAS EVEN WORST and we said we couldn't get approved for financing so we wanted our deposit back because if the bank didn't approve us we dont feel comfortable buying the car anymore. The manager rudely kept repeating "I don't care, the deposit is non-refundable".. In the end we dont even care about the money. But over $1000 lonestar benz totally pissed us off and we made a scene and left... i can keep on going with the dumb salesman and etc.. but whatever

so dont go there lol!!!

quikkoop
10-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Yikes. :thumbsdow :bullshit: As long as you made a scene, hopefully made obscene gestures, and vocalized EXACTLY what you were feeling. Good luck with other sales reps in the future! Otherwise... :guns:

l8braker
10-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Join the club. They are JACKASSES :whipped:

ZorroAMG
10-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Nothing new, lonestar sucks ass.

DEMAND it back...full amount, not some bullshit $200 cleaning charge. What did they fly in Vegas strippers to wash it??

mx73someday
10-17-2006, 07:39 PM
They charge you to have their own car cleaned, is that what you said?

rc2002
10-17-2006, 07:39 PM
OMG. Those bastards. You should take one of their S600's for a test drive and write it off.

Seriously though. I wouldn't be willing to write off the $1000 that quick. You should stand outside their front doors and turn customers away until they give you your deposit back.

autumnrain
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
there not much more i can do..
make a scene throw some binder on the floor.. swore etc etc..
but he kept saying "i dont care" and we wen't going to get the deposit back.. i always thought it was common sense that a deposit for a car was refundable.. plus he verball did say that.. but i guess we got ripped off by a car salesman.. how ironic.. lol

autumnrain
10-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
OMG. Those bastards. You should take one of their S600's for a test drive and write it off.

Seriously though. I wouldn't be willing to write off the $1000 that quick. You should stand outside their front doors and turn customers away until they give you your deposit back.

wouldn't they totally kick you off there premises or sue you for loitering..
mmm but interesting.. i have lots of free time.. i should do that.. lol

rc2002
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Well the worst they could do is call the police. But even that might backfire on them. First off, it could potentially be bad publicity. And secondly if the cop sides with you (any reasonable person would) then he probably wouldn't even make you leave.

That $1000 is not theirs. They would've had to clean that car for the next buyer anyways.

Mitsu3000gt
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
They told you it was refundable, then had the car cleaned without your consent. You could easily get it back by threatening or taking legal action I would guess.

Also for next time, NEVER leave a deposit of any amount without it in writing exactly the terms and conditions of you getting it back.

I would be way more pissed off about losing $1000 than it sounds you are lol. $1000 can buy alot!

el_fefes
10-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Are you just gonna sit there and take that? :eek: There should be a way to get your money back!!! Can you file a claim w/ the BBB? Get a lawyer? Thieves!!! :thumbsdow

Dj_Stylz
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Well the worst they could do is call the police. But even that might backfire on them. First off, it could potentially be bad publicity. And secondly if the cop sides with you (any reasonable person would) then he probably wouldn't even make you leave.

That $1000 is not theirs. They would've had to clean that car for the next buyer anyways.
:werd: You gota go back there and not leave until they give it back. Dont let them keep it, its not theirs

WWJAI
10-17-2006, 08:03 PM
go get your $1000 back. Just keep going back and demanding it back..eventually they'll get annoyed and they might change their minds or just keep going back and test driving their cars without intention to buy.

van
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
All you need to do is write to the calgary sun or the calgary herald. explain your situation thoroughly and let em know exactly what happened. tell them what you were trying to do (finance with deposit) and how you weren't comfortable with financing it through mb. also throw in the fact that they said they "dont care" and that you weren't getting your "deposit" back. that they had the worst customer service and that you had better service at chrysler or something hahahaha. give them bad publicity!!

Barrington
10-17-2006, 08:33 PM
hahaha i heard you tossed papers in the air and disrupted the entire room.. not to mention repeatadly cursed at several staff members who had nothing to do with your problem.. and besides.. i heard the reason you wanted the deposit back is because hyatt gave you a slightly better rate..

The_1
10-17-2006, 08:33 PM
did you put the deposit by cash or credit card?
if credit card then call the company and say you dont approve that payment

Redlyne_mr2
10-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Lonestar is one of the worst dealers in Calgary. If you dont do anything man they will keep doing it to other people. Google AMVIC, give them a quick call, they can help you out.

RSeXy
10-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
They told you it was refundable, then had the car cleaned without your consent. You could easily get it back by threatening or taking legal action I would guess.

Also for next time, NEVER leave a deposit of any amount without it in writing exactly the terms and conditions of you getting it back.

I would be way more pissed off about losing $1000 than it sounds you are lol. $1000 can buy alot!

:werd: :werd:

Wierd how they already had the car cleaned...when you hadn't even been approved yet...seems like an excuse to keep the money. Its always been ...1. get approved...2. PDI and cleaning. :dunno:

Altezza
10-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Next time,

1) Always put in writing a dumb-assed condition on the write-up that is in YOUR control. ie, Pending approval from my significant other.

2) Always have them indicate on the write-up that the deposit is fully refundable based on your conditions in 1).

3) Use a CC to leave a deposit.

max_boost
10-17-2006, 09:14 PM
You can get the money back. Absolutely.

4 years ago I wanted to buy a SLK32, left $1000 deposit, couldn't afford it, so I canceled. I got the money back.

I'm surprised you fell for the leave $1000 deposit thing though.

Are they pissed because you didn't try to finance the vehicle through them? I'm surprised they didn't offer you some sort of incentive to try to keep the sale, instead just refusing outright to return your deposit.

msommers
10-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Barrington
hahaha i heard you tossed papers in the air and disrupted the entire room.. not to mention repeatadly cursed at several staff members who had nothing to do with your problem.. and besides.. i heard the reason you wanted the deposit back is because hyatt gave you a slightly better rate..

Great post, congradulations. Posting something that you "heard." Excellent detective work jackass. I'm sure what you "heard" isn't the least bit bias.

A) 1000 dollars of a man's money was essentially stolen from him. I'd be livid as hell too.

B) Doesn't matter what reason you wanted the deposit back for. If you don't buy the car, the deposit is refunded. This is common courtesy and common sense. MB deals with a lot of customers with high salaries and think that $1000 is nothing and you'll forget about it. Well don't regardless if you make over 200k a year. Someone has your stuff that you want back.

Two things to do in the future autumnrain:

Always get deposits formally written stating the terms.

Go public and be 100% honest, both sides. The media is so bias that they'll turn the story against MB anyways. You can also talk to the BBB and see if they can influence the situation. $1000 is insane for you just to say "well ok thanks anyways*shrug*" Get in there and be a man about the problem. I've never busted this out because my rents always use it but this is simply mindboggoling! :guns:

guessboi
10-17-2006, 10:16 PM
you gotta do something about it! go complain until you get what you deserved back. go to hyatt, much better. lone star is POS. :whipped:

Soren1989
10-17-2006, 10:17 PM
get someone else to go in and just tape record them saying that the 1g is refundable and take their asses to court and get even more back

88CRX
10-17-2006, 10:23 PM

You make is sound like he was in the wrong :thumbsdow

rc2002
10-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by msommers

1000 dollars of a man's money was essentially stolen from him. I'd be livid as hell too.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 88CRX
[B]

You make is sound like he was in the wrong :thumbsdow

I thought autumnrain was a chick.

schurchill39
10-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Judging by your ignorant response, I'm assuming you work for this scummy company?

I dont think he needs a reason to want his deposit back. Is not wanting to do business with them enough of a reason (whether its because of lack of financing, not wanting their car or shitty customer service)?

Lets say it is because he got a better rate somewhere else, its still his 1000$ therefore its his choice where and what he wants to spend it on. The way you explained it, it sounds like lonestar is holding his money hostage.

Throwing papers in the air and cursed at staff; he handled that situation alot better then I would have. If I got ripped off for a grand you would probably need to call the police to get me off the property.

Also telling him that he owes them $200 for cleaning a car he haven't even agreed to buy yet is garbage! Dont accept that.

I dont care if you deal high end cars or Kias, customer service should be the number one priority, thats what gets you sales.

E36M3
10-17-2006, 11:22 PM
You can and should get the full deposit back.

First, call the general manager of the dealership. Speak with him/her directly and explain your situation.

If it is not handled to your satisfaction, let him know, calmly, that you will be contacting the better business bureau, Mercedes Canada and filing a claim in court. Make it a big hassle for them if they do not deal with it in an ethical manner.

Make sure you keep the receipt of your deposit and document all steps you take.

Contact the BBB, write a letter to Mercedes Canada accurately documenting the situation and contact the media. Most stations have an ombudsman who can help, as does the BBB.

Zero102
10-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Don't forget to involve AMVIC as mentioned above.
I've never heard of a non-refundable deposit. When we bought my VW, we placed a deposit on one car, that car turned out to already have been sold, deposit was refunded, placed it on another car, then a third car came in sooner so we bought it instead, etc. Deposits are meant to prove interest, not for the dealership to profit from.
Go in there again when you have some time to lose, and don't leave without your money. I went to that dealership twice, and they are a bunch of crooks plain and simple.

CalgarySupra
10-18-2006, 02:29 AM
how does someone with a large name company , a store, in canada. scam someone like that?

do you people not see the problem of no morals and ethics.

so this is the story

you go to mercedes leader

want a car.

They say we will finance you at 7% pending approval,

you leave 1000 down

they say no we dont want to approve you

then you are told

lone scam mercedes is going to keep your money. that took you 1.5 of weeks of waking up 7am . working till 6pm if lucky, following orders from a boss.

so basically your not only scammed you are opressed

do these stealing opressors not know that God is All knowing? do you they not feel guilt taking someones money?

post the managers name and number and deal phone number on here.

best go in with a hidden camera. something is bound to happen and post it on you tube

Hakkola
10-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Nobody should go to lonestar ever, for any reason.

Skyline_Addict
10-18-2006, 03:54 AM
get your money back! never ever let that slide!

good luck michelle.

Xtrema
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Should have found out what your credit limit is before you go shopping.

And don't leave money @ dealership without a signed piece of paper with terms and conditions. Any dealership. Because now it's just he said/she said. There's nothing backing you up that the amount is refundable.

May be you should complain to MB Canada.

nj2Type-S
10-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema
May be you should complain to MB Canada.

rockym20
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Actually, I would call AMVIC and file a complaint through them.

You can always sue them through small claims court too.

gp36912
10-18-2006, 09:43 AM
do it all, amvic, mb canada, bbb, etc. with all the horror stories about lonestar i have never stepped into that dealership. hyatt is much better anyways. and theres a reason behind that, its because hyatt automotive group is a big company with a few dealerships and they didn't act like lonestar to get that way.

Mckenzie
10-18-2006, 09:53 AM
That makes me sick hearing crap like that. I would go to CFCN Consumer Watch girl. She will raise a $hit storm if she decides to investigate and air your story. I would not give up on this one....you have to be like a pitbull in these situations.

Good luck!!

SilverBoost
10-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Sit in front of thier dealership with a large sign that says

THIEVES!!!

you will get your money back promptly.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Yeeesh, do they pay their employees commission on stolen deposits or something? I'd go fucking apeshit if they tried to pull something like that with me.

brandon
10-18-2006, 10:03 AM
If it makes you feel any better I scammed my way through a servicing on my amg. They still try to phone me all the time to pay a 300$ charge for a fucking oil change lol.

Pee_Sack
10-18-2006, 10:09 AM
I don't know how true it is, but when I called Rally Subaru about purchasing my car. I put a $1000 deposit down over the phone and I was sure to ask him, if I didn't want the car (I was putting the deposit down sight unseen) would I get it back and he told me it was illegal for a dealership to not give back a deposit if the car buyer backs out for any reason. Might be worth looking into.

gp36912
10-18-2006, 10:18 AM
yup, my uncle had a 3000 deposit on a 04 x5 at a mazda dealership but decided he wanted a lexus rx300 from calgary bmw and the 3000 was promptly returned. no questions asked, because the salesman was so nice and helpful etc. my uncle gave him 100 for his help

kevjs
10-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Inform AMVIC, they are not allowed to keep a full deposit afaik, due to the Fair Trade Act. If they did actually clean the car for you they may be able to keep a portion for that service but thats it.

DoubleLP
10-18-2006, 10:25 AM
That is absoulte :bullshit:

They have no legal right to keep your $1000 from you. They have stolen it from you. Period.

Needless to say they are going to lose a lot of buisness.

ZorroAMG
10-18-2006, 10:42 AM
All you did is threw papers and swore? Shit, I woulda went behind the parts counter, took $1000 bux worth of stuff (some MB golf shirts too) and said thanks LOL

A790
10-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by autumnrain
ok guys soo get this..
we went to look at a 2006 c230w. The interest rate was high 7.45% (for 6 years) so we were going to get a loan through the bank at 6%, we are putting down 15000 and financing the rest.. We put down a 1000 dollar deposit (which he said was refundable if we couldn't get financing) to hold the car. so we weren't approved for financing and went back to ask for the deposit back. First he said he already had the car cleaned.. blah blah blah.. and we were like ok charge us $200, give us back the rest. He said the deposit is not refundable and he could try too help us get financing through mecedes benz. This guy was being a complete retard and we asked to speak to the sales manager. WHO WAS EVEN WORST and we said we couldn't get approved for financing so we wanted our deposit back because if the bank didn't approve us we dont feel comfortable buying the car anymore. The manager rudely kept repeating "I don't care, the deposit is non-refundable".. In the end we dont even care about the money. But over $1000 lonestar benz totally pissed us off and we made a scene and left... i can keep on going with the dumb salesman and etc.. but whatever

so dont go there lol!!!

I thought they were required to give deposits back?

Either way, do what I did to Calgary Hyndau Suzuki: SIGN + Standing outside of the premesis stopping vehicles and informing them what they're doing. They'll give it back.

TurboTEGRA
10-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Lone star blows!!!

I brought my girlfriends 04 c230 there for an oil change/service. When we got the car back it only took 5 min for the computer to say to much oil. There was so much smoke comming out of the exhaust it looked like an old shitty honda.

They wouldn't take resposability for it or anything. they just did another oil change and said see it doesn't smoke now. "you must have been driving it hard". i was so mad i argued for like 2 hours that they had to do something, but the car is still under warrenty for another 80,000kms so if it smokes or burns even a drop of oil they are putting a new engine in it. I will NEVER go back there for nothing.

tentacles
10-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Hey, where were all you whiners when I asked for good/bad experience with Mbenz shops and dealers?

Isn't Lone Star the only authorized dealer/shop for AMG in Calgary?

ICEBERG
10-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I Will never buy a car from those guy's ever again. I had a very bad experience with them which we got MB Canada involed. DO NOT GO TO LONE STAR.

autumnrain
10-18-2006, 01:08 PM

but we didn't yell at anyone just the dumb sales manager (you'd figure he know how to work with customers to keep them happy).. and yeah if wanted back the deposit because i won the lottery and wanted to buy a ferrari or any other reason the deposit should be refunded... his just scammed us because he didn't write in the subject to financing but verbally told us soo..

ok.. so i am alittle guilty.. cause we saw the same car but with XENON lights (a $1450 upgraded) at hyatt for $43950, which we told the salesman at lonestar but he didn't say anything about matching his competitor or what not.. but on the same day.. the bank calls and says we aren't approved and faxed us over a letter confirming this. We are like hooray we can go get our deposit back and buy the cheaper one at hyatt.. we figured 1650 option + 1050 difference in price is 2700.. any normal person would..soo we lose 1000 with the lone star losers but still gain 1700 from hyatt.. which is why we really aren't worried about the 1000 which lonestar manager can keep and buy himself should hookers with HIV lol

oh and the car at lonestar had 350kms and it's title was still brand new.. while hyatt had 45 km's and deemed a loaner car.. WTF is that eh?

But like i said when we went back to get the deposit they wouldn't return and didn't give us any option on making a deal on the car... in the end they are just @$% who we didn't want to work with anymore.. and now we just brought the one from hyatt with 15000 from another bank..

we dont want to make a big scene and all.. just wanted to share my experience with fellow beyonders to calm my rage... lol

msommers
10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
congrads on the new car. Too bad you're still taking a raping from an asshole manager

Billy2
10-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Holy crap michelle, that is insane! a 1000 bucks!!! you aint worry about it? I'd say go back and rip them a new one!

Sprinter
10-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
yup, my uncle had a 3000 deposit on a 04 x5 at a mazda dealership but decided he wanted a lexus rx300 from calgary bmw and the 3000 was promptly returned. no questions asked, because the salesman was so nice and helpful etc. my uncle gave him 100 for his help

Always nice to hear stories like this, good salesmen/saleswomen who are out there to HELP you get the product you WANT rather than try and rip you off :thumbsup:

Go get your money back... give them the negative publicity they deserve... get the word out there that Lone Star is a POS company that deserves to be :whipped: & :barf: on

max_boost
10-18-2006, 01:39 PM
You should post the name of the salesman and the sales manager as well.

Cruz
10-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm feeling a TCS thread coming on....

l8braker
10-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Old but great website about the ML SUV and Lone Star:

http://www.troublebenz.com/

Anton
10-18-2006, 01:57 PM

but we didn't yell at anyone just the dumb sales manager (you'd figure he know how to work with customers to keep them happy).. and yeah if wanted back the deposit because i won the lottery and wanted to buy a ferrari or any other reason the deposit should be refunded... his just scammed us because he didn't write in the subject to financing but verbally told us soo..

ok.. so i am alittle guilty.. cause we saw the same car but with XENON lights (a $1450 upgraded) at hyatt for $43950, which we told the salesman at lonestar but he didn't say anything about matching his competitor or what not.. but on the same day.. the bank calls and says we aren't approved and faxed us over a letter confirming this. We are like hooray we can go get our deposit back and buy the cheaper one at hyatt.. we figured 1650 option + 1050 difference in price is 2700.. any normal person would..soo we lose 1000 with the lone star losers but still gain 1700 from hyatt.. which is why we really aren't worried about the 1000 which lonestar manager can keep and buy himself should hookers with HIV lol

oh and the car at lonestar had 350kms and it's title was still brand new.. while hyatt had 45 km's and deemed a loaner car.. WTF is that eh?

But like i said when we went back to get the deposit they wouldn't return and didn't give us any option on making a deal on the car... in the end they are just @$% who we didn't want to work with anymore.. and now we just brought the one from hyatt with 15000 from another bank..

we dont want to make a big scene and all.. just wanted to share my experience with fellow beyonders to calm my rage... lol

Congrats on the new car!

I've read an article from AMVIC which said that the dealer has the right to keep the deposit if a document/contract was signed where both the company and the buyer agreed on a price. Of course, you can still get the deposit back one way or another. Now, on the contract, did it mention anywhere something like "Pending approval for financing from customer's bank" or "Subject to approval from customer by ____ due to pending approval from bank...etc"?? That's what I tell my customers to put when something like this arises so it's simple if you need your deposit back since it's on paper and signed. The salesman SHOULD have done this himself as soon as you told him that this could be a problem or concern.

That being said, it's still bullshit for them to keep it and any respectable dealer would give you the deposit back. Like said before, go back there and demand it or stand outside their dealership and do it on a busy day. For a $1,000, they won't want that kind of publicity.

autumnrain
10-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
I Will never buy a car from those guy's ever again. I had a very bad experience with them which we got MB Canada involed. DO NOT GO TO LONE STAR.

what was your experience..??

ICEBERG
10-18-2006, 02:54 PM

what was your experience..??

Well i don't know where to begin. Our ML had soo many problems i won't have time to list it here. So here are some problems with the c230K we had:

- First 1000km Blown head gasket.

-Runs rough in the morning, stalls sometimes- most days just barely stalls, shakes terribly when reversing. While driving on highway at approx 55 mph, went over a slight bump in the road and completely lost power in the vehicle and all warning lights (Every single one) came on. Car immidiately halted to about 3 mph, the car behind me almost rear-ended me. I had my foot all the way down on the gas (I was in the middle of the road) and the power came back on within 30 seconds, and I almost rare-ended the car in front of me when my car surged forward]

-Car doesn't shift to second in the AM while engine is cold.

-When you turn the key in the ignition sometimes it does not start.

-Transmission fumbles for a gear also slipping in cold weather.

-Power steering doesn't work in the AM after sitting all night. [Ssteering wheel is completely upside down and you would think the car would not drive straight- it does!- which means the steering wheel and power steering is not working or my car would not be going straight. This is very dangerous and could cause an accident and I have no idea which way my tires are facing!]

-Car sometimes lunges forward when going from park to drive.

-A/C doesn't always cool car.

-Heat is tempermental- doesn't always get warm- blows cold air.

Anyways they where always a$$holes when i brought the car in there for WARRANTY WORK. It was like "YOU AGAIN". I had it with their bull shit when one day they tried to charge me for warranty work. The lady at the service department handed me an Invoive with $650.00 DUE on Delivery?

I said what the Fuck is this. She said it was for the work they did. I am like WTF this car is under warranty, what the hell are you talking about. She said the wire work that was done on my head lamps was not covered under warranty. She said eighter i can pay or take it up with the shop super.

So i called the shop super over. He said there where some damaged wires that was not covered under Warranty and i had to pay. So after a heated arguement with him i ask to talk to the manager. That got me NO where.

I ended up leaving without my car. Called MB Canada right away and told them what happened. A lady from MB then told that Mercedes does not get involved in any dealership concerns, and if I had any problems with my vehicle, to contact my dealership. She thanked me for buying a Mercedes.

What is THIS supposed to mean? To me, it says, we want nothing to do with you, and thank you for buying our product.

After discussing the matter with an attorney, and relaying that information to LONE STAR, they offered not to charge me for the work. So got my car back after a week later.

After that i said Fuck You Lone Star. And will never go back to that place.

EDIT: There was lot of letters my wife wrote to MB over the years and complained about our experience with Lone Star. But nothing was done. We even complained to BBB.

ryder_23
10-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Nobody should go to lonestar ever, for any reason.

:werd:

didnt you have a rant about it years ago?

Sprinter
10-18-2006, 03:10 PM
... So i called the shop super over. He said there where some damaged wires that was not covered under Warranty and i had to pay. So after a heated arguement with him i ask to talk to the manager. That got me NO where.

I ended up leaving without my car. Called MB Canada right away and told them what happened. A lady from MB then told that Mercedes does not get involved in any dealership concerns, and if I had any problems with my vehicle, to contact my dealership. She thanked me for buying a Mercedes.

What is THIS supposed to mean? To me, it says, we want nothing to do with you, and thank you for buying our product.

After discussing the matter with an attorney, and relaying that information to LONE STAR, they offered not to charge me for the work. So got my car back after a week later...

wow, talk about giving you the run around... with stories like this, I wonder why that place is still up and running :dunno:

ICEBERG
10-18-2006, 03:16 PM
The funny thing was, later i found out that the wires that was damaged was caused by LONE STAR when they where fixing my head gasket. And they tried to charge me for it. A$$ holes.:rolleyes:

DepTrotter
10-18-2006, 03:54 PM
The funny thing was, later i found out that the wires that was damaged was caused by LONE STAR when they where fixing my head gasket. And they tried to charge me for it. A$$ holes.:rolleyes:

so did you end up paying for it or what?

ZorroAMG
10-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Hyatt Mercedes Benz. End of Story.

Autumnrain,

Why the hell are you giving up on the $1000? It's people like you that perpetuate the problem. If nobody let these douchebags pull that stunt, they wouldn't do it. Go and get your $1000 back and stop being a pussy. Seriously.

ICEBERG
10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
^^^^ZorroAMG is right.

Go talk to a lawyer and get your money back. Don't let them get away with this $hit.

FiveFreshFish
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Can this be reported to the RCMP as a commercial crime? :dunno:

ICEBERG
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

so did you end up paying for it or what?

Hell NO.....

E36M3
10-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Nope. I've taken my AMGs to Hyatt and have always had a significantly better experience there than Lonestar.

Originally posted by tentacles
Hey, where were all you whiners when I asked for good/bad experience with Mbenz shops and dealers?

Isn't Lone Star the only authorized dealer/shop for AMG in Calgary?

KGB
10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
I think you can go to Tony Tighe (dont know how to spell his last name) form Global News and can report them in the consumer reports, consumer beware or whatever they call that part of the show, i have seen him actually go with tv cameras directly to confront the wrongduers.... in any case get your money back you can do a lot with a grand.... i know i could :bigpimp:

bigboom
10-18-2006, 07:25 PM
heck if you dont want your $1000 ill go get it back for you and keep 10% :) jk i hate seeing dealerships screw people over like this.

the only thing i can think of is it was for sure a deposit right? not worded as a down payment? because when i bought my IS300 i put down $3000 and it was ordered, i was going to change my mind but it would have done no good because in the contract it was a downpayment not a deposit.

max_boost
10-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I bought my SLK from them but I am definitely not letting them service it.

Any lawyers on Beyond? Draft up a letter, send it to them, you probably will get the $1000 returned right away :D

483hp
10-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by KGB
I think you can go to Tony Tighe

I think this is an excellent idea. Expose them on the evening news and you will instantly see some results. With all the money in town these days, a lot of companies think they can get away with murder and that's too bad.

autumnrain
10-19-2006, 12:06 AM
i am going to send an email to a friend who knows some ppl soo maybe i will get it back.. and if that doesn't work. i think i will try the sign thing and stand there on a busy weekend!!

for the downpayment or deposit thing.. i have to check on that! but thats even worst if they put it on downpayment because i didn't even know if i could get approved !! and the car was at the dealership not like they had to ship it to calgary!! those bastards..

and yes after all these response i dont think i should let them rip us off like that!!! i make sure i get it..

thanks for the post guys

oh and the sales manager was wayne.