PDA

View Full Version : Tint Law

colt22
10-17-2006, 08:45 PM
What is the fine for having your driver/passenger side windows tinted, and is it a one-time ticket?

Im debating if its worth it getting all my windows tinted and risking a fine

Roger Moore
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
I wouldnt both tinting your front windows. Its just asking to get pulled over. Im not sure what the fine is for the first one, but if they catch you with it again im sure its a large fine. I wouldnt reccoment tinting your front windows.

CivicTunr
10-17-2006, 08:52 PM
so many threads about tinting windows.
ive heard of cops who are dicks pulling you over and making you peel it all off.
but i see tons of cars w/ tinted windows, cops usually wont pull you over unless your driving like a douche.

zieg
10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Or you just drive with your windows down all the time. :D

...Or just tint them 35% on the sides so it's legal?

Dayclone
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeh my front windows are tinted and they "mimic" a factory tint.... so it's not that dark and you can still see inside pretty much and the facial features and yeh it's just watching out for the saftey of the cops I guess but you should use the

SEARCH FUNCTION PLEASE!

Steve

colt22
10-17-2006, 08:59 PM

Really, I never knew that... I was told it was the law is no tint driverside tint what so ever.

theken
10-17-2006, 09:00 PM
there is NO legal side tint on front windows 0 have to have 100% non tinted glass. and it is not a "one time ticket" there is no such thing, you can get pulled over everyday and get ticketed for it. if you dont want tint tickets dont tint them, if you want to risk getting tickets tint them.

my side windows are at 5% if i get a ticket for them i deserve it, the windows were tinted when i got the car and i lke how it looks

3G
10-17-2006, 09:50 PM
i had 35% on my front windows, never got hassled, got pulled over a couple times but the windows were done by the time the officer got out of his cruiser so no ticket and the guy who bought my car got no tickets with it either, so just dont drive like an idiot and dont attract heat and ull be fine

95EagleAWD
10-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by ZiG-87
Or you just drive with your windows down all the time. :D

NOT legal in Alberta. It's different in B.C.

NO TINT on front windows in Alberta.

Also, your car can be impounded for tint. Just a heads up.

That said, mine are tinted and I haven't had any problems.

googe
10-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Roger Moore
Im not sure what the fine is for the first one, but if they catch you with it again im sure its a large fine.

its not, and it doesnt go up.

light tint isnt going to give you problems. just be aware that if youre doing something dumb there is a risk that a cop can give you a tint ticket if he has nothing better to do and nothing else to charge you with. like if you go to street races to watch or something and get pulled over, youll probably get nailed for that.

limo tint is pushing it. higher end cars seem to get away with it a bit more. if youre young and/or drive a ricer car it probably wont last long. some people get away with it, others dont. some just do it and pay their "tint tax" every so often.

AzN'SKillZ
10-17-2006, 10:26 PM
most cops wont care if its not too dark, but if ur drivin during months end wen they hav to make there quota and they see u with the tint they will probly give u a ticket.

chris
10-17-2006, 10:36 PM
5% all around. If I get a ticket, I deffinately deserve it but i've driven by a lot of cops and they dont seem to care. I probably will get a ticket if I get pulled over for something else, but that'a not a big deal. If you get tint, realise it's illegal and you could get a ticket

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-17-2006, 10:44 PM
its $57, it never goes up. And I don't think there are any demerits... Some cops will make you pull it off on the spot... You can also get out of it, by pulling it off and taking in pics... or at least i've heard that.

Most cops won't caer unless they're nailing you with another ticket.

sputnik
10-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by CivicTunr
cops usually wont pull you over unless your driving like a douche.

:werd:

DC2
10-18-2006, 08:02 AM
^^ i second that.

i have dark tint on my front windows and ive never had a problem. I work in forest lawn and i drive by NUMEROUS cops in and out of their cars and no problems.

speaking about tint. does anyone know what % CRX88 has on his front windows? i thought mine were dark... his is like limo

Xtrema
10-18-2006, 08:47 AM
35% all around. No problem yet. But it's light enough that I don't think cops really cares.

ogpog
10-18-2006, 08:50 AM
5% limo tint all round for over a year and not a word from any officers.

DoubleLP
10-18-2006, 08:57 AM
As was said it is illegal to have any tint on the front windows and your front windshield.

My old car had tint on the driver and passenger windows and I got pulled over. I got a warning that I had 72 hours to get the tint removed and I had to come down to the station and have an officer come out and look at the car to prove that I had no tint on the windows. No ticket was given. But that was four years ago. It might be different now in that they just give you a ticket.

ogpog
10-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by DoubleLP
As was said it is illegal to have any tint on the front windows and your front windshield.

My old car ha...............and on and on and on....

Yes thank you, its common knowledge to most people, including myself. I just simply stated that i havnt gotten spoken to about it since (some think it may have been a form of "luck"). So thank you daddy for your guidance on this here car forum, but you might want to quit being such a dick.

Mitsu3000gt
10-18-2006, 06:49 PM
My car is going into Shadow tint on monday and im probably getting 35% on the fronts so im stil visible to the cop and maybe 20% on the back if I decide to not go the same % all round. What do you guys think, darker backs than fronts or same all round?

Also, when I called ICON tint the first thing he said to me was "any type of tint is illegal".

VW02
10-18-2006, 11:16 PM
mines 50%front and 80% rear
I got a speeding ticket and the cop told me I had one month to take off all my tint in the front and to show him at the station. That was 4 months ago, I didnt take it off and I didnt go back to the station.

I also didnt get a ticket :D

seer_claw
10-19-2006, 01:42 AM
I got a tint ticket in March with a condition that the ticket would be ripped up if I took the tint off and took my car to the RCMP station. Ticket was for $117 and if I failed to show up at the RCMP then it was another $175. Cop must have been having a slow day, bastard. I only had 35% tint on as well. :banghead:

ghostlyport
10-19-2006, 02:27 AM
The ticket is $57, i got pull over cuz of speeding, but the lady cop gave me a ticket for the tint windows instead..

I got 20% front and grad on the back 3, and my interior is black. At night you can hardly see through.

nadroj23
10-19-2006, 08:13 AM
search????????????????????????????????????????????

Traffic_Cop
10-19-2006, 06:47 PM
The ticket(s) you could received are as follows:-

Sec 69(1) VER, $57.00 - side window tinted or sec 65(1)(d) TSA - Vehicle equipment not complying with regulation $115.00

0 tint is legal in Alberta on front windows. Vehicles can be towed, or you can be requested to remove it roadside.

69cougar
10-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone
yeh it's just watching out for the saftey of the cops I guess

Steve

Also for your safety in a collision your glass stays together with the tint film and poses a greater danger to the occupant as appose to shattering and dropping as designed.