PDA

View Full Version : Stay Away From Hortons Autobodyfu

sh0ko
10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Apparently hortons autobody has beyond spies !! haha.. theyre dealing with this right now

TeamBestBud
10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
some pics of the shitty work would help
:rolleyes:

sh0ko
10-18-2006, 05:36 PM
haha they found it!

asuth077
10-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Most shops have guarentees for their work, just keep hounding them to get everything done.

I would take some pictures though just so they can't say anything happened after it left the shop.

Redlyne_mr2
10-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Whos telling you Hortons is the only place you can bring it to. You should have consulted me dude, I checked out almost everyshop in Calgary before I made my decision.

speedracer
10-18-2006, 06:48 PM
You could have gone to the Sponsor here:
Screamin' Paint works ;)

WWJAI
10-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko
for those of u who know i got in an accident a while ago cuz some asshole tried to pass me anyways i went to hortons cuz that was the only place i was allowed to go to....

thats very hard to believe. its impossible that your insurance company only had one option for you to go to, they always have several different ones ..you probably just chose the one located closest to you

Redlyne_mr2
10-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

thats very hard to believe. its impossible that your insurance company only had one option for you to go to, they always have several different ones ..you probably just chose the one located closest to you
Insurance companies are crooks, they will tell you flat out you have to go to a certain shop. If you refuse then they change their story and tell you that you can go to any shop you want as long as the rate is the same as the shop they suggested. Now if this accident wasnt your fault then you can go anywhere and there is nothing they can do about it.

sh0ko
10-18-2006, 07:37 PM

right ur an idiot haha plain and simple haha they said i was only allowed to go there and i asked them to bring it to MY shop.. hortons is 30-40 minutes from my house.. its so close hey

msommers
10-18-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI

This is very very very true. This is quoted from the letter I got from my insurance company because of the full lose of vehicle claim I submited on monday. I am with Dominion of Canada so regard that part of the letter. This has to do with all repairs:

How we can work together:

5. ....."Even if you want the work performed somewhere else, our Recommended Vendor's appraisal will be honoured at any reputable repair facility. You have the right to get a second estimate from another shop of your choice, if you wish."

6. "While we believe there are benifits in participating in The Dominion Recommended Vendor Program, you always have the final choice as to where your vehicle is repaired."

NOTICE THE LAST LINE! This was your choice and I can't see it being any different for a different insurance company. Sorry to hear about the shotty work but ultimately, you should have done some research beforehand. But if you honestly did, and the cars you saw were good, raise some hell b/c they will correct it if they consistently have cars being repaired with quality in mind.

The full premiums section if you're at fault mentions only things about what parts will be used etc, nothing about work.

EK 2.0
10-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by speedracer
You could have gone to the Sponsor here:
Screamin' Paint works ;)

werrrrrrd I heart those guys...

ninspeed
10-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Them them you can see the fish eyes in the paint. as for shit not getting fixed. Is it on the est that the insurance wrote up? Do you think that a bodyman should fix everylittle thing he sees if its not on the est... No..

blueripper6
10-18-2006, 08:30 PM
lol... go back and bitch and tell them you want your car done right.

just keep bitching and bitching they will fix it eventually, its like that thread about the tint, post that shit up.. it will spread like wildfire and nobody will go there.

sh0ko
10-18-2006, 08:30 PM

Phuqu
10-18-2006, 09:04 PM
If they didn't replace what was on the insurance companys appraisal and they billed the insurance company that is fraud.

Take it back and let them fix it.

If there is anything we can do let us know.

Dan

Hash_man
10-18-2006, 09:20 PM
I actually had a bad experience with horton a while back when I was in an accident. I think it was 2 years ago now, simple bumper and light replacement for my front end. The bumper was saggy, and I brought it back numerous times for them to fix, but after they tried, they just said thats how the bumper came from honda and that there wasnt anything they could do about it. BS if you ask me. I eventually gave up, cuz it wasnt that big of a deal to me.

ricefarmer
10-18-2006, 09:22 PM
and i think these fuckers were driving my car.. honest to god.. i COMPLETELY forgot to write down my mileage when i gave it to em but i remmeber i was only at 136700 around there.. and now im at 137070?????? not to mention my car feels 100% different.. the clutch seems BEYOND worn out and i got my fucking gas leak back again

off topic, but what exactly can you do if you've recorded the mileage on your car before it goes in the shop and you get it back with more than a couple km's on it? this has happened to me before and i know what u mean about your car feeling different

Phuqu
10-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Shops will usually have a disclaimer on the work order allowing them to drive the vehicle during the course of the repair.

I'm not sure exactly how it's worded at some shops. I'll see if I can dig one up.

If a car was in an accident and had suspension work or needed an alignment a tech will have to road test the car.

It does remind me of the time some lube guys 'needed' to road test a Viper after an oil change. Needless to say the guys was pissed when he had 15 km put on his car during an oil change.

And yes someone was fired.

ninjak84
10-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Why do shop monkeys enjoy abusing customer rides?

At my old job, test driving cars was alot of fun. Something to look forward to while I was working on the car. I had an absolute riot in the cars I test drove... but I never went farther than 10km, or above 80km/h.
You can still enjoy a test drive without abusing the car.

I'm not sure how you can enjoy beating the crap out of someone else's pride and hard work.

sh0ko
10-18-2006, 11:35 PM
tada!

loweg
10-18-2006, 11:46 PM
I had a bad experience with Horton too...not gonna get into it...but just shoddy work...

and yes, the guys there are very good at making you feel as though you have to use them. B/c they are the "authorized estimators" or whatever.

thats why I used em too...and I will never go back, and I have prevented lots of people from going there too in my dayd to day!

Power to the consumer!

403Gemini
10-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Insurance companies are crooks, they will tell you flat out you have to go to a certain shop. If you refuse then they change their story and tell you that you can go to any shop you want as long as the rate is the same as the shop they suggested. Now if this accident wasnt your fault then you can go anywhere and there is nothing they can do about it.

lol no they dont :rofl:

people can take their cars anywhere, just rely/prefered shops you can usually get the work done faster, but you can choose any shop you want, you'll just have to wait for the appraiser to come out and view your vehicle then.

sh0ko
10-19-2006, 01:27 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: post edited in regards to hortons autobody....thanx for dealing with it

WWJAI
10-19-2006, 09:02 PM

right ur an idiot haha plain and simple haha they said i was only allowed to go there and i asked them to bring it to MY shop.. hortons is 30-40 minutes from my house.. its so close hey

your the idiot..like everyone else has said in this thread..you can pretty much bring your car to any repair shop you want..you were just to stupid to believe that horton's was the only place you were allowed to go to.

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

lol no they dont :rofl:

people can take their cars anywhere, just rely/prefered shops you can usually get the work done faster, but you can choose any shop you want, you'll just have to wait for the appraiser to come out and view your vehicle then.
I said you can choose any shop you want but many insurance companies will try and send you somewhere of their choice, just like in Shoko's case. If the accident is your fault then most insurance companies will put a cap on the hourly rate that they will accept to pay.