PDA

View Full Version : Returning a Leased Car

max_boost
10-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Not quite sure what is involved. I have a cracked windshield which I'm planning fix, my wheels all have curb rashes, and underneath my front bumper, well it's all scraped up because my car is slammed.

I will return the car to stock. I figured at the very least I will detail it ensuring it's clean upon return.

Anything else? Will they deduct anything from my security deposit for the exterior wear?

Zero102
10-18-2006, 09:33 PM
They expect average exterior condition. That means good glass, so you will be out for the windshield, but some curb rash, door dings, interior wear and rock chips are expected. Unfortunately the details are more up to the dealership in question, so the question is best directed to them.

Supa Dexta
10-18-2006, 09:34 PM
milage is the biggest thing.. If its not crazy over, you can usually get it waved if you'll be shopping with them again..

benyl
10-18-2006, 09:38 PM
It has nothing to do with the dealership. You are returning it to the leasing company, not the dealer.

Scratches and dents that are no bigger than a credit card are acceptible. Don't bother cleaning it, you are wasting your money as they are usually auctioned off.

I have returned many leased cars... some of them in pretty bad shape and have never been charged for anything.

bspot
10-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Dirty is good! That way they can see less. I even know someone thats gotten away with returning bad glass.

max_boost
10-18-2006, 10:06 PM
When do they return the security deposit?

Redlyne_mr2
10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
When do they return the security deposit?
Once the dealer completes the sec dep they send it to the leasing company who then credits the sec dep back to you.

boopydogg
10-19-2006, 12:14 AM
return it dirty on the outside but spotless on the inside cause if it looks good on the inside then they will assume that you took good care of it and wont look as close on the outside

googe
10-19-2006, 04:38 AM
I wonder if they are going to notice my supercharger and intercooler. That probably wont fall under normal wear and tear :(

A790
10-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by googe
I wonder if they are going to notice my supercharger and intercooler. That probably wont fall under normal wear and tear :(

You supercharged a leased vehicle?

... why?

ogpog
10-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by googe

Originally posted by A790

... why?

Agreed. What were you thinking?:dunno:

in*10*se
10-19-2006, 07:58 AM
^^ maybe he intends to buy out the leased vehicle.....

bspot
10-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by A790

... why?

To make it more fun to drive?

You just take off the parts, put it back to stock, return it.

googe
10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Haha, why not? I'll just

A) Buy it out at the end
B) Sell it to someone that wants it with the S/C
C) Return it to stock, sell the S/C seperately

rage2
10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
You should get something in the mail from BMW (I'm guessing you're returning the bmw?) explaining what is and what isn't acceptable. It doesn't matter if the car's dirty dont bother detailing it. For mercedes Benz, they give u a credit card sized card and if it can cover the damage (except windshield) it's OK. So you can have dents all over the place from a hailstorm, as long as it's hidden by putting the card over it, you're good.

Some of the example pics are crazy... like major damage to the paint and it's acceptable lol. When I returned my SLK 320, I had a dent the size of a loonie on one of the fenders (door ding from some asshole), I paid $1k to fix 6 months prior then realized I didn't have to when I got that letter in the mail. So owned :rofl:.

in*10*se
10-19-2006, 12:41 PM
:rofl: ^^

heavyD
10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by benyl
I have returned many leased cars... some of them in pretty bad shape and have never been charged for anything.

Mental note. Never purchase a used car from benyl.:D