PDA

View Full Version : IE 7 Offical launch

viperous
10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
IE 7 (http://www.microsoft.com/ie)

Non of the sites I've developed have broken down with this IE.:D

If there's one thing I can't stand about this new IE, it's that the location of the toolbars and stuff are everywhere. They're not in their usual location like all other applications and browsers (unless of course you can change that).

But still...FireFox FTW.

nonlinear
10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
is this the final version, or the beta still?

benyl
10-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Wow, IE finally caught up.

bout time.

googe
10-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Haha already a vulnerability in it:

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/17717/info

GTS Jeff
10-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know how to get it to work on a pirated version of Windows?

benyl
10-19-2006, 12:47 PM
^^^

Goto to Futureshop and buy a legit version

/////AMG
10-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

http://www.mininova.org/com/458718

nonlinear
10-19-2006, 02:49 PM
i installed it, but couldn't stand using it for more than like 2 minutes. firefox is just so much quicker and simpler

GTS Jeff
10-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by benyl
^^^

Goto to Futureshop and buy a legit version

I prefer to pirate. But thanks for the suggestion that had totally not crossed my mind.

Originally posted by /////AMG

http://www.mininova.org/com/458718

Hmm I found the same torrent off isohunt, but during installation, it says it's RC1.

Pee_Sack
10-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I wouldnt install it, it contains a trojan and a majoy security vaulnerbility. Do a bit of searching and you will find out.

dennisaur
10-19-2006, 09:17 PM
i like ie7, i use firefox too but i just find that firefox doesnt render -some- pages correctly.

cityhunter2501
10-19-2006, 09:28 PM
is it the same as the one on Vista RC1?
if yes...I can live with out it :thumbsup:
Firefox ftw

acura_el
10-20-2006, 07:34 AM
i downloaded it yesterday and as soon as i restart my computer windows experiences a severe error...oh great!:rolleyes:

but anyways, seems to be running fine now and seems more stable than ie6.

i really wanna switch to firefox, i've heard so many great things but i'm just too damn lazy....figured i'd give this a shot first and see how it goes

heinz256
10-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Installed it, worked fine for me.

RC-Cola
10-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by heinz256
Installed it, worked fine for me.

crazydriver
10-20-2006, 11:59 PM
same deal here, its just like IE7 RC1... back to Firefox for me

01RedDX
10-21-2006, 04:04 PM

/////AMG
10-30-2006, 08:05 AM

This one worked for me after my second try.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/10/19/bypass-and-crack-internet-explorer-7-ie7-final-installation-genuine-windows-validation/

GTS Jeff
10-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG

This one worked for me after my second try.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/10/19/bypass-and-crack-internet-explorer-7-ie7-final-installation-genuine-windows-validation/ YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!1

REGISTRARRRRRRAAAARRRRYY HAX WINS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTS Jeff
10-30-2006, 05:31 PM
BTW, to make life simple for future reference, this is what worked for me:

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/327845?870#

It's a registry hack that disables WGA.

nismodrifter
10-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Just installed it. Pimp. No problems. Is zoom a feature in Firefox??

nismodrifter
10-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Having a problem:
New shit is not loading without refresh.
Ie: Lets say I'm browsing main forum page of Beyond and I see that latest thread in this forum is "microsoft people send cake to firefox staff".
I click Computer/Electronic forum to enter this forum.
Even though the cake thread has the latest post...it is not at the top...the page is old.
Hit refresh, page loads, now that cake thread is at the top where it is supposed to be since it has the newest post in it.

Any idea how I can fix this?

This is happening on all forums I visit.

szw
10-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Menu bar under address bar means IE can suck my balls

arian_ma
10-31-2006, 10:55 PM
^^ Yeah what the fuck man that was the one thing that pissed me off so much!
Otherwise it looks good and works well!

Hollywood
11-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by szw

Really? then I aint doing it either.

rockym20
11-04-2006, 09:10 AM
I just installed it last night. It isn't working properly for me. For whatever reason, I can't do the advanced setup - it just crashes. It also won't open new windows or tabs (when right-clicking). There are other problems too. I'll just stick with Opera for most of my web browsing.

GTS Jeff
11-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Uh oh, the M$ haters have come out!

Originally posted by nismodrifter
Having a problem:
New shit is not loading without refresh.
Ie: Lets say I'm browsing main forum page of Beyond and I see that latest thread in this forum is "microsoft people send cake to firefox staff".
I click Computer/Electronic forum to enter this forum.
Even though the cake thread has the latest post...it is not at the top...the page is old.
Hit refresh, page loads, now that cake thread is at the top where it is supposed to be since it has the newest post in it.

Any idea how I can fix this?

This is happening on all forums I visit.

I don't have this problem, but I believe it has to do with your cookie settings. This happens on IE6 too.

Originally posted by szw

Turn it off as per default settings. It is meant to reduce clutter. How often do you need to use it anyways??

Originally posted by rockym20
I just installed it last night. It isn't working properly for me. For whatever reason, I can't do the advanced setup - it just crashes. It also won't open new windows or tabs (when right-clicking). There are other problems too. I'll just stick with Opera for most of my web browsing.

Hold Ctrl when clicking a link to open page in a new tab.

rockym20
11-05-2006, 02:08 AM

Hold Ctrl when clicking a link to open page in a new tab.

Tried this & it doesn't work (just opens a new tab that doesn't do anything). I can't even do the initial setup. IE7 sucks balls.

soupey
11-05-2006, 02:36 AM
^works for me, u sure u have the real release? not a beta or something?

boopydogg
11-05-2006, 03:40 AM
i work in tech support and i have had to tell so many ppl to uninstall ie7 just so they can get online

im treating it like any other windows release and waiting 6 months for them to get the bugs out cause microsoft hasnt gotten anything right on first release scence dos

rockym20
11-05-2006, 11:38 AM
So how do you unistall it?

urbannomad
11-05-2006, 04:58 PM
i downloaded it, and it sucks balls! too slow, slows the pc down. :thumbsdow

FIREFOX FTMFW!

i wanna uninstall it too!

boopydogg
11-08-2006, 01:47 AM
ok had someone pm me on how to uninstall cause they cant find it so here goes

1. go into the add or remove programs in control panel
2. check off show updates (see image below)
3. uninstall ie7 (i think its labeled as Windows internet explorer 7)
4. Curse microsoft for doing there beta testing by releasing it on an unsuspecting public

bobyo_2001
11-11-2006, 11:40 AM
IE 7 is microsoft trying to be like opera and mozilla and hell why not throw safari in there to this program is absolutly useless to me and i would have to say the same for everyone else i find it very unorganized and very "childish" if you know what i am saying. but hey it is microsoft right?!?!?!

Hakkola
11-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Why does everyone love firefox so much? I used it at work last summer and hated it, i'm using it now and I hate it even more. I find a lot of errors on pages and to me it seems a lot slower then ie, however I have not used both browsers on the same computer so my experiences may not hold much weight. With that said though, I dislike the way everything on firefox is set up, mozilla :thumbsdow

bobyo_2001
11-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Why does everyone love firefox so much? I used it at work last summer and hated it, i'm using it now and I hate it even more. I find a lot of errors on pages and to me it seems a lot slower then ie, however I have not used both browsers on the same computer so my experiences may not hold much weight. With that said though, I dislike the way everything on firefox is set up, mozilla :thumbsdow

thhe thing about mozilla is that when you are useing it in the first place the application is as tageted as ie is and doesn't have as many vulns as well the convenience of the tab browseing and as well the organization of it is great that is just what people like i don't mind useing ie but i definatly would use mozzilla before i use ie and especially ie 7.

Hollywood
11-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

:werd:

Netscape is still shitty no matter what they call it.

/////AMG
04-21-2007, 01:27 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!1

REGISTRARRRRRRAAAARRRRYY HAX WINS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, to make life simple for future reference, this is what worked for me:

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/327845?870#

It's a registry hack that disables WGA.

Jeff you still have any of this stuff? Just upgraded my PC and I've got nothing, and every site has been hassled by Microsoft so no luck there either haha.
I cant live without WMP11 :(

GTS Jeff
04-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I actually found a cd key that hasn't been blacklisted yet. Took me a lot of googling to do that...

SpoonEK9@STRD
04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
i installed it, but couldn't stand using it for more than like 2 minutes. firefox is just so much quicker and simpler
Actually you'll probably save time using IE, as it's always running in the background...initial start up of firefox is slow.

Menu bar under address bar means IE can suck my balls More clutter but more compact. Menu buttons on the right gives room for new tabs. If your a retard and need to use the classic menu press ALT.
Having everything align left is useless, it takes page view area needlessly.