PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarding Season

Pages : [1] 2

Kobe
10-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Put on my boots today, and they still fit.. wooohoo

So i ended up putting on my snowboard and and doing a few nose stalls on the stairs in the garage...

My board is a 154 tho, my old JP Walker.. I think i need a 161.. But i love it soo much...

I might have to go out and buy a new one now this week, and a COP pass

Anyone buy any of there passes for the season yet??

Cruz
10-19-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm counting down the days...

CivicTunr
10-19-2006, 05:25 PM
ive got a Full mountain pass, so sick, i mostly bought it for louise and sunshine, but on breaks i usually drive out, to different mountains.
21 days left til louise and sunshine open,
haha and cop says they will but i highly doubt it.

unless you ride alot of backcountry, a bigger board is useless.

i ride a 155 rome agent, for around the mountain/park.

and than i ride a 160 rome agent, for powder/back country.

FungusMonkey
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
im pumped, can't wait for the season to start. Just gotta get my board waxed and ill be good to go.

a social dsease
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
got my ssv pass for this yr. gonna be doin the ssv thing every weekend , plus a couple trips to the horse :bigpimp:

CivicTunr
10-19-2006, 05:36 PM
we should make a beyond snowboard trip for opening day.

Kobe
10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr
we should make a beyond snowboard trip for opening day.

O i wouldn't mind heading out...
Whats a good board for under $500
I got some bindings and boots still :)

Gurpy
10-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Got a sunshine pass, im stoked. Season tease was in September when there was knee deep (heavy) pow at fortress, had to work for it but it was worth it....hasnt been enough since that though as far as I know :( Only a few more weeks though..

Kobe
10-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Gurpy
Got a sunshine pass, im stoked. Season tease was in September when there was knee deep (heavy) pow at fortress, had to work for it but it was worth it....hasnt been enough since that though as far as I know :( Only a few more weeks though..

Whats the deal with fortress this year? Is it going 2 be completely open for sure?

Gurpy
10-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Not completely open. A friend of mine patrols there and he said that it should definately be open Decemberish for skiing and boarding, but no word on the lodges and that stuff.

..but the tent with cheap food/hot chocolate is good enough anyways.

edit: id probably be up for a beyond trip to sunshine sometime, im up almost all weekends/probably going to go twice a week midweek at the end of january since my semesters light.

Lo)2enz0
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
i'm just getting a cop one. just for the pipe

CivicTunr
10-19-2006, 07:55 PM

edit: id probably be up for a beyond trip to sunshine sometime, im up almost all weekends/probably going to go twice a week midweek at the end of january since my semesters light.

yah, but sunshine has no good terrain unless you guys are up for hiking :D ? ive got a few shovels, spend the time in the backcountry

Gurpy
10-22-2006, 09:31 PM

yah, but sunshine has no good terrain unless you guys are up for hiking :D ? ive got a few shovels, spend the time in the backcountry

I'd be down for that as long as everyone comes prepared with proper equipment and knows what they're doing..it'd be cool to do a beyond trip to quartz ridge or something. Or we could just head up to the dive and do some laps through there? There's some good terrain in there, and its controlled.

Hash_man
10-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I can't wait for boarding season this year... gettin a COP pass, and I'll probably get a louise card like I usually do. I wanted to get a Nakiska pass, but missed the cutoff for early bird stuff.

Only thing I need to get now is some new bindings for this season.

A2VR6
10-24-2006, 12:40 AM
This years gonna be good... probably getting a sunshine card and maybe a COP pass, we'll see... In January im flying out to Big White so im really looking forward to that... cant wait!

Murphy
10-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6
This years gonna be good... probably getting a sunshine card and maybe a COP pass, we'll see... In January im flying out to Big White so im really looking forward to that... cant wait!

I went to Big White and Silverstar last year at Christmas. They had a bangin snowfall compared to us Alberta folk. Im getting dragged to Whistler this year for Christmas = insane lines. Ill prob spend all my time in the bars. :thumbsup:

Hash_man
10-24-2006, 02:48 AM
^^ Ya I have heard the snow is usually pretty damn good at big white... I would love to go.

Chris101
10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Got my Nakiska pass this year. Lets me ride at Louise before/after Nakiska season. My new gear is being processed in customs right now and should be here in < week. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cannot wait.

3g4me
10-24-2006, 01:40 PM
got my rcr super pass last week. Super stoked. Nov 10th:clap:

A2VR6
10-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Murphy

I went to Big White and Silverstar last year at Christmas. They had a bangin snowfall compared to us Alberta folk. Im getting dragged to Whistler this year for Christmas = insane lines. Ill prob spend all my time in the bars. :thumbsup:

Yep I was there the first week of january last year. The day before we got there they got a massive dumping of snow... it was amazing. Also there werent any lineups when we went there either.

kerry
10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
All of us opening day at louise lol....

Wiwaxy 500

Redlyne_mr2
10-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by B16EM1
All of us opening day at louise lol....

Wiwaxy 500
haha awesome

vietdood
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
it'll be my first time snowboarding this year. any tips and pointers for a newbie? also how do i determine what size of board i need?

CivicTunr
10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
in between your chin and nose,

1. dont expect to be amazing at it first try
2. it takes practice
3. have fun and just goof around
4. go out with people who also are learning
5. take a lesson

and most importantly

6. dont cut people off :D

Hash_man
10-26-2006, 01:28 AM
^^ Definately good advice, lol.... Oh and if its ur first time out... dont go spend thousands on a setup as there is no need, especially if you dony know if you'll like it. Rent or buy something fairly cheap to start.

CivicTunr
10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
^^ Definately good advice, lol.... Oh and if its ur first time out... dont go spend thousands on a setup as there is no need, especially if you dony know if you'll like it. Rent or buy something fairly cheap to start.

yah dont pull a shawn white.
this happened when i was with my friends riding, this kid in all shawn white gear, i mean everything,
board, boots, bindings, jacket, pants, etc... with a stance of 40, haha. he had extenders on his board, anyways, me and my friends went down, hells kitchen, we did it about 4 times, before they got down once, side slipping all the powder down.
(this was the day, sunshine had the amazing snowfall during january) maybe other people saw him.

Kobe
10-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Anyone heard anything on the Burton King snowboard...

Pretty light board, and its pretty cheap...

QD999
10-26-2006, 11:46 PM
if you're learning go with people that are a lot better then you. Makes you strive to get better and keep up with them.

bonnieclyde240
10-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Also, it helps to know what stance you are comfortable riding - regular or goofy. This helped me improve a lot. When I first started riding years ago, most of my friends rode regular stance, so I assumed I was regular too. When we went shredding, I couldn't figure out why I was doing the worse out of everyone, it just felt hella awkward. So a friend suggested maybe I was "goofy". I was clueless to what he meant, I thought he was dissing me calling me goofy. He told me to stand up with my back faced towards him, so I did. He gives me a little shove and I fall forward but managed to catch myself with my right foot. So after explaining regular and goofy stance, we re-adjusted my bindings to goofy and it made me learn a lot faster and ride a lot better. Apparently, it is one of the tricks to determine whether you ride goofy or regular, but you don't really fully know until you actually feel it out on the hill or mountain or whatever.

CivicTunr
10-27-2006, 01:50 PM
yah, stand with your back to someone and get them to push, you, and whatever foot you put out, use that for your forward foot.

asp integra
10-28-2006, 12:12 AM
only 13 days till louise cop and shine open, i cant wait, i got my rcr pass a few months ago and my cop in early september

CivicTunr
10-28-2006, 12:55 AM
cop is a rip off, :D

regular season: 370$,
early bird: 350$

Cruz
10-30-2006, 05:55 AM
Anyone been to Mt. Tremblant? I'm going to be in Montreal Nov 9 - 15 and thinking about taking my gear. Is it worth the trip out?

CivicTunr
10-30-2006, 08:42 AM
might as well, if you've never skied it, itll be a good experience, and than you can say you rode it.

Cruz
10-30-2006, 10:26 AM
might as well, if you've never skied it, itll be a good experience, and than you can say you rode it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd actually like comments from anyone who's been there to see if it's worth the trip. I'm only in Montreal for 5 days so I don't want spend 1 day in Tremblant if it's really not worth it compared to what we have here.

Rockski
10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
IT SNOWS IN JUMBO who's all heading there this year?

CivicTunr
10-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
IT SNOWS IN JUMBO who's all heading there this year?

theres snow on jumbo year round.

M_Power
11-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Norquay is open now:eek:
definatly gonna head up there this weekend

CivicTunr
11-02-2006, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by M_Power
Norquay is open now:eek:
definatly gonna head up there this weekend

for everyone who says norquay is open its a lie,

heres from the site itsself.

http://www.banffnorquay.com/u/calendar/

whats that say, on December 8th?

off the website

Norquay Opens
Dec 8
Banff Mount Norquay open for the 2006/2007 season!

403 762-4421
Send E-Mail

Gondi Stylez
11-02-2006, 02:22 AM
i waxed my board today and tried on all my gear (i need a new jacket:D) and im STOKED!

M_Power
11-02-2006, 06:36 PM

for everyone who says norquay is open its a lie,

heres from the site itsself.

http://www.banffnorquay.com/u/calendar/

whats that say, on December 8th?

off the website

Norquay Opens
Dec 8
Banff Mount Norquay open for the 2006/2007 season!

403 762-4421
Send E-Mail

fuck, should have clicked on the link. now i got my hopes up for nothing.

canderson
11-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I LOVE SILVERSTAR I WORKED THERE LAST YEAR SOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK

WILL ANYONE BE COMPETING THIS YEAR????

mazda_maniac
11-02-2006, 06:44 PM
I got my c.o.p. pass and rcr super pass. Should be a dope year. Anyone entering the Heavy metal rail jam at louise on the 18th? I'll be competing.

Gurpy
11-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Civictunr, its open. My friend went up there today. Good coverage, not much open though. I'm heading up Sunday.

Honestly, 100% sure...heard it straight from my friend who was up there today, not off the internet or anything - so get your skis or board ready and head up this weekend bro!

CivicTunr
11-04-2006, 06:57 PM
yah i know its open, i went up today, and they reedited the site,
pretty good snowfall, just not alot open.

M_Power
11-05-2006, 02:17 PM
I was at Norquay yesterday too. Fun little rainbow at the top and some rut jumps all the way down. Plus its only 20 bucks right now.

mazda_maniac
11-05-2006, 07:38 PM
20 bucks for one run still seems a little steep.

Gurpy
11-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by mazda_maniac
20 bucks for one run still seems a little steep.

:nut: yea because opening the resort is so cheap right?

Opening weekend for louise/sunshine.....2 more days!

mazda_maniac
11-08-2006, 02:01 AM
I'ts not cheap I nevere said it was but I'm an avid snowboarder and I'de much rather wait til more was open and pay full price. Why do you have to hate?

:nut: yea because opening the resort is so cheap right?

Opening weekend for louise/sunshine.....2 more days!

slammed_cb7
11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
i'm just getting a cop one. just for the pipe

Larry, you better come out this year instead of being a fuckin pac rat!!! Also excited for the pipe but i want Naki to set up the 04/05 park again:cry:

Chris101
11-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Was anyone else at Louise today?

KICKED ASS!!

thinmyster
11-23-2006, 04:27 PM
is it going to be too cold this weekend to get out?

snowboard
11-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster
is it going to be too cold this weekend to get out?

Pansy!
There is no such thing, cold snow is good snow :)
Bundle up, belaclaves gloves in mits, long johns sweat pants hooodiess
i went once when it was -45 with windchill at the top of the hill. that was fun.

3g4me
11-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Its gonna be too cold, boards dont move too well in -30 weather. But on the + side there is gonna be mad pow and probably not too many people... Ill probably go.

Gurpy
11-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
Its gonna be too cold, boards dont move too well in -30 weather.

Get some wax...

I'll be up for sure this weekend.

Seanith
11-23-2006, 09:49 PM
I have a specific question for you guys, if you know the answer please let me know. It has to do with the Louise/Sunshine Marmot "cards".

It kind of says explicitely "only one card per person" but I bought 2 of each lol. I am planning on going a lot and thought i'd register it under my brother.

My question is, have any of you done this before? Do they actually ask for id, or will i be ok if i just pay cash with my "brothers card"?

Also, what actually happens to the cards after you've received your 7th time for free? do you just get a discount every time after or does it expire, allowing you to register another one in your name?

ercchry
11-23-2006, 10:06 PM
last year when i got my card you just sign the back and thats it and when its not a "free day" then you get a discount for the whole year but if you are going a lot then a seasons pass maybe cheaper

Seanith
11-23-2006, 11:48 PM
That doesn't answer my question at all. i've had these cards before, and they have already been purchased. anyone else??

A2VR6
11-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Seanith

My question is, have any of you done this before? Do they actually ask for id, or will i be ok if i just pay cash with my &quot;brothers card&quot;?

Also, what actually happens to the cards after you've received your 7th time for free? do you just get a discount every time after or does it expire, allowing you to register another one in your name?

I loan out my cards all the time, and i know of my friends that used their brothers' cards... never got asked once.

CivicTunr
11-24-2006, 08:02 PM
^^ yah they never ask for id, and if just for safety put your money in your pocket, instead of wallet, and when they ask, say you dont have your wallet on you.

also i was at cop, today, for my level 1 snowboard instructor course, haha i looked at the park and woah :eek: is all i can say.
okay cop, if you are going to try and even compete with the mountains at least have a decent park, look louise had a shitty opening park last year, but that doesnt matter, they arnt in calgary and isnt a shitty mountain, when you go to a mountain you ride the mountain not the park all day so it shouldnt really matter. So open up a decent park, so people dont waste their time there.

p.s to any of the park riders with your XXXL jackets that are half zipped down, and pants down there ass, stop kidding us, and zip it up its -20. also i dont tell you your shit is gay, i may think you look stupid, but i dont say it to face. so dont say my neckwarmer is gay. p.s most of you suck at riding anyways. :guns:

oh yah and mazda_maniac, 20$ for one run? have you ever been to cop?
34$ for one run.

cmodem
11-24-2006, 08:14 PM
^^ yah they never ask for id, and if just for safety put your money in your pocket, instead of wallet, and when they ask, say you dont have your wallet on you.

also i was at cop, today, for my level 1 snowboard instructor course, haha i looked at the park and woah :eek: is all i can say.
okay cop, if you are going to try and even compete with the mountains at least have a decent park, look louise had a shitty opening park last year, but that doesnt matter, they arnt in calgary and isnt a shitty mountain, when you go to a mountain you ride the mountain not the park all day so it shouldnt really matter. So open up a decent park, so people dont waste their time there.

p.s to any of the park riders with your XXXL jackets that are half zipped down, and pants down there ass, stop kidding us, and zip it up its -20. also i dont tell you your shit is gay, i may think you look stupid, but i dont say it to face. so dont say my neckwarmer is gay. p.s most of you suck at riding anyways. :guns:

oh yah and mazda_maniac, 20$ for one run? have you ever been to cop?
34$ for one run.

Are you talking about the park that is running with a magic carpet? that is just the progression park i.e. some gay opening park.

COP's real park is usually skiers right of the quad on the right (i forget the name) and it usually doesn't open to late december. Last year didn't even open till like the 27th of december or something.

And they never know how to build jumps but the rails are cool and usually the pipe is alright. For 20 minutes from your home and night riding.. i definately think its great lol.

CivicTunr
11-24-2006, 08:21 PM
yah but for whats open 34$ is fucking steep,

like when sunshine and louise dont have everything open
it was 37$ at sunshine opening and 25$ at louise,
this is for youth which my friend bought, i have a season pass.

so lets see, no park, no left side, one run. heck even MT norquay only charged 20$ for one run. and its a longer run.

and cops opening park last year was better, it had 2 little kickers 1 box, 1 rail, and a 1/4 wall-ride, the wall-ride was fun cause we built a jump on the side of the 1/4 pipe, to bs across. the whole top of the 1/4 pipe.
but stupid park riders got mad, cause we took up a little bit on the right side of the 1/4 pipe. so they couldnt attempt to blunt stall to face plant on the right side, or look stupid attempting to spin a million 180s on it and scraping all the snow down it.

cmodem
11-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Lol oh i see your saying the quality for $34 bucks then yes i agree with you haha.

Cop is pretty outrageous for $34 bucks but then again i never pay or if i do i go on wednesday nights when it's 10 bucks after 5.

Cruz
11-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Was at Louise on Wednesday. The snow was amazing and so was the weather. I don't think it dipped under 5 below all day and most of the runs were open.

CivicTunr
11-24-2006, 09:53 PM
yes louise has a good opening year, ive been 6 times already and havent complained, much better snow this year than last.

Seanith
11-24-2006, 11:50 PM
yes louise has a good opening year, ive been 6 times already and havent complained, much better snow this year than last.

Holy shit 6 times? Thats wicked.

Shitty deal for me dudes. I was stoked to go this weekend. First, i was planning on going up thursday night, staying in canmore, then going friday and saturday. I couldn't find anyone that wasn't busy with school or could get work off, so I decided to work today.

Then, I was going to go just saturday. I've kind of had a headache and been feeling like ass recently, but I felt good enough to rip it up. I went to the Doctors today and my sore ass throat is Tonsillitis. I am choked :( . Its been snowing all week in banff :cry:

I HAVE to test out my new board next week or I will cry :banghead:

BTW thanks for the reassurance with the cards... thats what I thought. This is the first time i've decided to get more than one. You wouldn't think they would be too strict with discount cards when people are using other ppl's seasons passes every day heh

Kobe
11-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Still havn't gone out this year...

Looking back at my pictures from a few years ago, like 3 years ago.. I had some tricks up my slevees that I would not try now hahaha

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4927/highel0.jpg

I have no idea how I used to do that..

Slashin_
11-30-2006, 08:53 PM
COP report went all day today, theres ramps n stuff right beside newbie spot(magic carpet)...during the day snow is decent is like soft ice....at night mostly ice....patches od powder from blowing snow

half pipe not dun
either is the trick park up top
if u get bored u can watch skeleton :thumbsup:

n there r still half zipped xxxl /w low pants punx tthere

CivicTunr
11-30-2006, 09:23 PM
^^ yah i went to cop today too, it was fun to fool around, feel sorry for anyone who paid for a lift ticket haha. the 3 kickers were good for spinning 3's and 5's and the occasional forced 7.

Artega
12-01-2006, 10:42 AM
What is this 10 bucks on Wed night for student thing?

I can't seem to be able to find it on their website

bonnieclyde240
12-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Anyone going to Louise this weekend? I already bought passes and I'm hitting it up this Friday with some peeps..I'm so stoked, can't wait!! :drool: :D :burnout: :clap:

CivicTunr
12-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bonnieclyde240
Anyone going to Louise this weekend? I already bought passes and I'm hitting it up this Friday with some peeps..I'm so stoked, can't wait!! :drool: :D :burnout: :clap:

louise is so good, great opening season, wont be disapointed.

also they dont have the 10$ student thing, just go in and ask.

cmodem
12-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Artega

They never ever advertise it last 3 years vibe 98.5 would usually just have an advertisement for it on the radio and if you go there and ask them they give it to you.

98type_r
12-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Artega

It's 2 tickets for $25 this year, and its on wednesday or thursday nights. The other night being co-op night for $15

Seanith
12-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Went to louise today. it was pretty good, they could use a good snowfall though. Some areas there were rocks and it got icy towards the end of the day. Theres some pow of the sides of runs.

bonnieclyde240
12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Louise was DOPE! The black diamond runs and the terrain park were fun. The only thing I didn't like were those mogul bumps, they took a toll on my legs, but was it worth it. We blazed half way through the day and that made the ride even better :D. We used the free day of our pass, so 2 trips to Nakiska then we get another free ride at Louise. My body is still throbbing 2 days after, can't wait to go again! :burnout:

Hanzo
12-11-2006, 12:46 PM
nakiska wasn't that great the opening weekend, too much ice. I wiped once because there was a huge block of ice in the middle of a run... didn't see it until it was too late... fuking hell:cry:

Artega
12-17-2006, 02:20 AM
Fernie was Awesome this weekend
I could not ask for better weather

almost a feet of powder of Thursday night and still snowing on Friday morning
had the best time of my life

and you could use your louise card too

Seanith
12-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Went to Sunshine on Saturday. There was a lot of snow, and it was actually sunny! The only problem I had was i brought my board in to get waxed, and they did a shitty ass job or something since it was super slow. I had to avoid some runs that were flattish or had too much snow because i would get stuck!

88CRX
12-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Went to Sunshine on Saturday. There was a lot of snow, and it was actually sunny! The only problem I had was i brought my board in to get waxed, and they did a shitty ass job or something since it was super slow. I had to avoid some runs that were flattish or had too much snow because i would get stuck!

shit man, i was there on saturday too... it was dead empty and good conditions, too bad i was hung over as fuck :barf: :barf:

CivicTunr
12-18-2006, 04:29 PM
i went friday it was good, skipped school haha.
my friend was funny tho, we went up standish and went far back, he saw a couple of kickers that were pretty little, he didnt realize til after he hit them, they were infront of a 15ft cliff haha.

funniest thing ever.

trdjce10
12-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Do you guys know if all the resorts are open for Christmas day?

CivicTunr
12-19-2006, 08:58 PM
which ones, just check there websites?

98type_r
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
i know louise and sunshine are
COP might even be, they were open that one christmas day when i worked there 2 years ago

CivicTunr
12-21-2006, 06:28 PM
www.skifernie.com (open)
www.skinakiska.com (open)
www.skilouise.com (open)
www.skibanff.com (open)
www.skikimberley.com (open)
www.kickinghorseresort.com (open)
www.skicastle.ca (open)
www.skimarmot.com (open)

looks like all mountains close by are open.

Slashin_
12-21-2006, 06:33 PM
going to nakiska on this saturday... anyone else going boarding?

SinisterProbeGt
12-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Slashin_
going to nakiska on this saturday... anyone else going boarding?
Hey i am also going with like 6 other ppl mabye we will pass you

Slashin_
12-22-2006, 08:15 PM
i am going with noobs>.<

88CRX
12-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Sunshine had wicked conditions today. We were there when they opened and got a good 10+ runs in before the hills were packed come 1-2pm or so. We boarded till nearly 4pm and wow am I ever sore :nut:

Seanith
01-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Louise was horse shit on saturday. There were so many people there, the lineups were rediculous. And the stupid assholes kept overloading the chairlifts to the point where they couldn't run. We got stuck on the top of the world chair for 45minutes or more. They gave us $15 gift certificates for ruining our whole day, i managed to get 2 of them so that made up for the waste of a day. I only got about 5 runs in the whole day. They overloaded the ptarmigan chair and it wouldn't start. so there was about 500 people lined up trying to get to the front. It was REDICULOUS :thumbsdow

FiveFreshFish
01-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Weekends = :thumbsdow

Weekdays = :thumbsup:

Seanith
01-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Weekends = :thumbsdow

Weekdays = :thumbsup:

Some of us have to work :D

If they get a couple good dumps during the week soon i'm going to have to use some flex time. :poosie:

Kobe
01-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Louise was horse shit on saturday. There were so many people there, the lineups were rediculous. And the stupid assholes kept overloading the chairlifts to the point where they couldn't run. We got stuck on the top of the world chair for 45minutes or more. They gave us $15 gift certificates for ruining our whole day, i managed to get 2 of them so that made up for the waste of a day. I only got about 5 runs in the whole day. They overloaded the ptarmigan chair and it wouldn't start. so there was about 500 people lined up trying to get to the front. It was REDICULOUS :thumbsdow

I was gunna go, was sick as hell.. That sucks, id still be pissed off if they only gave you $15 back..
Such a long drive for 5 runs..

ercchry
01-01-2007, 05:22 PM
man panorama was amazing best that i have ever seen there

we got up x mas day and it had snowed a foot the night before and then it snowed to days later about 6 inches and in taton bowl there was easly 3 feet of soft snow just great

lilmira
01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah, Panorama was crazy last week. It was so much fun in the bow and in the trees. There was powder everywhere as long as you stay on the upper part of the hill. One of my best days ever.

One thing I don't understand is that they were still making snow for some reason.

ercchry
01-01-2007, 06:23 PM
o man first tracks after the second dump right down skyline was an amazing first run of the day

but all the snow made me realize that i am really outta shape

FiveFreshFish
01-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Can't wait to hit Panorama or Kicking Horse this month!

lilmira
01-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I thought I was dead after the first two runs for sure. It was quite a bit of work to turn in powder. But it was so much fun, I was hitting the slope till 4. I actually felt better at the end of the day than in the morning.

Can't wait to check out Kicking Horse and Castle Mountain this year.

My legs are so spoiled right now, it would feel disgusting to ride on hard packed snow. Either powder or nothing at all.

cbinteg
01-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Was anybody at sunshine over the weekend...specifically sunday? That was some crazy weather...

Seanith
01-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by cbinteg
Was anybody at sunshine over the weekend...specifically sunday? That was some crazy weather...

Yeah we went on sunday, took one run and left. Sunshine isn't great in those conditions when ALL the lifts are open let alone 3... it just wasn't worth it.

I was out on louise on saturday and it was good. I'm going to louise tomorrow as well.