PDA

View Full Version : FS Honda S2000 Hardtop

smiles
10-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Looking at selling my brand new Honda S2000 OEM Hardtop in Laguna Blue. Comes with all accesories needed as well as hardtop defroster wiring for 00-02 models. Asking $3250 obo. Purchased from hardtopguy.com.

SilverStreak
10-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).:thumbsdow

smiles
10-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Includes everything needed, please no low balls.

CLiVE
10-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by smiles
Includes everything needed, please no low balls.

At a price of $4250 low balls are the best you are going to get.

In case you are not aware, you can pick up a brand new one (any colour you want) for $3600 all in. (not $4250 plus repaint cost). If you paid that much for it and are trying to get back what you paid, then I hate to be the one to break it to you. You got ripped off buddy.

Just trying to keep people from being ripped off here.

koala
10-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Indeed. I know that when I eventually sell my S2000, my hardtop is going to go at less than half of that. That is just the sad truth of what they're really worth in Alberta.

You can land one here from HTG for less than 4k including shipping and duty...

smiles
10-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Sorry but $2500 is a low ball offer. I am open to offers as the price says. The MSRP of these at the dealerships are $5000 + GST so u are saving quite a bit as well as the 00-01 cost more because of the extra parts needed.

SilverStreak
10-20-2006, 02:30 PM
good luck in your sales :thumbsup:
I'll go to hardtopguy myself and get my colour to match.

If you're new to the S, nobody has sold a used hardtop over $3000CAD that I know of. You're better off just keeping the hardtop.

CLiVE
10-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by SilverStreak
good luck in your sales :thumbsup:
I'll go to hardtopguy myself and get my colour to match.

If you're new to the S, nobody has sold a used hardtop over $3000CAD that I know of. You're better off just keeping the hardtop.

:werd: You will be lucky to get $3K for it.

koala
10-20-2006, 05:29 PM
3k maybe if it matched a colour offered in Canada... :D

xviper
10-21-2006, 09:21 AM
The MSRP of these at the dealerships are $5000 + GST so u are saving quite a bit as well as the 00-01 cost more because of the extra parts needed.
Nobody pays MSRP for these and that's probably why you went with a non-local source. I probably had the first Calgary dealer purchased HT for my S, bought in Oct/00 and arrived in Apr/01. Total cost out of my pocket was $3800.00 and yes, that's for a year 2000, with all the hardware and wiring harnesses. Shipping from HTguy in Cleaveland is pretty expensive for something that big. Brand new or not, you've got a "second hand" product that won't color match with many S2000s. Laguna Blue is a pretty dark color. Making it any color that's lighter won't be easy or cheap (black or red car "might" be better). Now, if it were white, it might be different. Good luck if you hope to recoup your money.
I have a brand new AP2 transmission sitting in a box that I bought locally. If I were to attempt to sell it now, I'd be looking at getting maybe just over 1/2 to 3/4 of what I paid even though the plastic is still wrapped around it. Buying something brand new and trying to sell it "unused" is a lose/lose proposition.

smiles
10-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks xviper for the info, sorry to hear u left S2ki. Thought i might as well see what I can get as i am still open to offers. Proberly will just hold onto it.

xviper
10-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks xviper for the info, sorry to hear u left S2ki. Thought i might as well see what I can get as i am still open to offers. Proberly will just hold onto it.
That would be your best option. These sorts of things are always a money losing venture unless you find someone who wants exactly what you have at the exact same time you have it for sale. If I add up all the money I've lost on "add ons" that I've bought for my S, I could have bought a brand new beater car. I don't think about it much as it's pretty depressing.

smiles
11-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Updated price