PDA

View Full Version : Beware: S2000 @ Honda West

Loose
10-20-2006, 11:22 AM
The car:

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?stfID=549870&ID=23224870

The carfax:

http://www.carfax.com/phoenix/external/viewEmailReport.do?a=WiyuGn%2FXNoPz5rWT4S0MNBISb6%2F81lHlqw9ANIlNv6BIcX5x2qyAptbDgDaCTSi3

Toms-SC
10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Holy shit...

topmade
10-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Note to self: Don't buy s2000 from Honda West.

I'll assume that you were interested in this vehicle, so what did the sales people say about the status of this vehicle?

in*10*se
10-20-2006, 11:28 AM
holy shit.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow for honda west

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: thanks for the heads up

Cruz
10-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Brutal is the only word that comes to mind.

riander
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
sweet i think im gonna go pick that car up right now!

eb0i
10-20-2006, 11:38 AM
That's crazy that they are even bothering to try and sell this car. I wonder what kind of discount you could get for it?

Are they allowed by law to sell a car like this?

Loose
10-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by topmade
Note to self: Don't buy s2000 from Honda West.

I'll assume that you were interested in this vehicle, so what did the sales people say about the status of this vehicle?

My buddy passed this along, he found it during his search for an S2k.

If anyone has one for sale, PM me!

whiskas
10-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Why is the car given a flood damage title every week?

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-20-2006, 01:08 PM
No kidding, almost looks like someone smashed it, rebuilt it, and then drove it into a pool everyweek... Didn't think Honda West would also sell american cars (apparently its from the USA). I can see them selling salvaged.

RandomAnything
10-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Poor car has been through lots... the sad part is somone may just buy this car or one simmilar issues as this one and not know a thing.... it happend to me last christmas when i got a BMW... we found out so much after i got it that I had to get amvic involved..needless to say i dont have it anymore...

BerserkerCatSplat
10-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by whiskas

No idea, but it's always the same title.

Lo)2enz0
10-20-2006, 01:16 PM
thats a great buy, let me jump on that....next thing....now i want my car carfaxed lol

zieg
10-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Ouch.

C4S
10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
:dunno: ..

a car from US .. as expected .. most of US cars here I have seen ... are having problem .. but they are cheap!!

However, if they ask $32K .. which is a top price for a 01 S2000 .. I will expect it is a nice unit ... :(

rip
10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Did they think that their car was a boat?

TimG
10-20-2006, 02:34 PM
my guess is the PO left the top down during a very rainy summer.

403Gemini
10-20-2006, 02:38 PM
i DARE somebody to print this off, put it in their jacke tpocket and walk into honda west and say "ill give you 10k for this car" listen to them laugh, and then pull out the papers lay them down and just be like "so um... wtf?"

toyboy88
10-20-2006, 03:04 PM
31 records?!?!?!?:thumbsdow

Gravy_83
10-20-2006, 03:05 PM
hahaha good one :thumbsup:

Sonic_A4
10-20-2006, 03:07 PM
illl doo it i know a few ppl that work there why not kinda be a funny thing to see ahahah

cloud7
10-20-2006, 03:54 PM
You should do it so that they can't say they don't know about it's history to anyone else.

Sonic_A4
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM
true enough i think im gunna print it off and do it tomorrow after work ,see what they say , if they said they would sell it to me for 10 ill take it lol

Dj_Stylz
10-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Damnnn:thumbsdow

the_new_santa1
10-20-2006, 04:01 PM
For all of that shit that has happened to that car...damn....:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Zephyr
10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by whiskas

It's the most efficient way to wash a car, drive it into a pool every week.

DoubleLP
10-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Wow! Crazy shit! That should be a note to anyone buying any used car. Check it out first!!!!!

403Gemini
10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Sonic_A4
true enough i think im gunna print it off and do it tomorrow after work ,see what they say , if they said they would sell it to me for 10 ill take it lol

haha bro post how it goes ;)

like i said though, offer 10k first, THEN let them laugh at you then pull out the papers and YOU laugh at them ;)

pinoyhero
10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Man that is just ridiculous, they should not be selling this car without at least repping the condition of it. Given that they are chargin way to much for even a clean one for this time of year they are just looking to rip someone's face off. If anyone gets into contact with em about it, tell us all about what they say about the car.

Hash_man
10-20-2006, 04:39 PM
It's the most efficient way to wash a car, drive it into a pool every week.

I personally like driving through car washes with the top down... its the best! hahahahah That is brutal, but don't they have to disclose that stuff if you ask them?

QuasarCav
10-20-2006, 04:47 PM
You would be able to smell it from 50 yards away. I predict it goes away and surfaces at some used car dealer or a yuppie will buy it.

Kona9
10-20-2006, 05:21 PM
it states right in the GLOSSARY section that ..."not all title transactions represent changes of ownership."

Who knows, maybe a few dealerships bought and sold it within Delaware.:dunno:

The population of Lewes Delaware is around 100,000 or so. Therefore with the statement in the carfax glossary, combined with the ability to have alot of dealerships in a city of that size, perhaps they found out of one single incident that caused the flood damage and flogged it off to the next Dealer.

That was my guess.

_wrx_
10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
funny thing is that i work at honda west and i know who bought this BAHHAHa

Cruz
10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
I just feel bad for the poor sucker who ends up with that car.

rc2002
10-20-2006, 05:50 PM
OMG. Somebody actually bought it?!? :( I hope the guy got it real cheap.

Mikey_008
10-20-2006, 05:55 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yikes....I was gonna go look at that too! Good thing you posted this up!!

guessboi
10-20-2006, 07:02 PM
sux for the guy. :nut:

marko polo
10-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by _wrx_

i dont think thats funny, u knew what was wrong with the car and u think its funny u ripped off some person that trusted youre dealership. Everyone at honda west is a bunch of assholes and have lost my bussines for life becuase of this bullshit!

Anton
10-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Holy...a reputable company shouldn't even have something like that on the lot. Never thought that about Honda West.

You're an idiot, now I know what kind of people they hire. Whoever was the salesman should be ashamed . :thumbsdow

gofastmerc
10-20-2006, 08:00 PM

Maybe he means he knows the guy who bought it for the dealer...

Maybe...

djayz
10-20-2006, 08:04 PM
^
i hope so

thats a horrible car :barf:

rx7racerca
10-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Anton
Holy...a reputable company shouldn't even have something like that on the lot. Never thought that about Honda West.

You're an idiot, now I know what kind of people they hire. Whoever was the salesman should be ashamed . :thumbsdow Uh, maybe he's saying he knows who at the dealership bought the car? In which case he's laughing at his own business's goof, not a private buyer. Otherwise, yeah, he's an idiot.
The 31 entries is not really significant - there appears to be 2 incidents. A serious accident that led to a salvage title being issued (in other words, the car was written off due to damage exceeding 75% of the pre-accident value and became property of the insurance co. or their agents). Which had to be a pretty serious accident to write off a 2yr old, low depreciation sports car - $25,000+? Then there was flood damage - the multiple, weekly entries probably mean the flood damage title had to be renewed weekly until the car was repaired or parted out. Since the flood damage title follows just weeks after the salvage title, and in the middle of winter, it's likely the car sat outside on a salvage lot or at a bodyshop and suffered interior water damage due to the roof not being up/working/present.
In any case, two major strikes, and Honda West is asking top dollar for this? I hope someone does go in, make a low-ball offer, and present the carfax report, so they can't claim they don't know the history. Not that they have any excuse - the Carfax link is right in the Auto-trader ad!

403Gemini
10-20-2006, 11:34 PM

no, you know what the REAL funny thing is?

assuming somebody did purchase this car from your dealership...
you just owned up to this for your company selling a skeezy car and KNOWING about it and LAUGHING about it on CANADAS largest car forum

way to fucking go :thumbsup:

boopydogg
10-21-2006, 02:38 AM
does anyone know if this was bought by someone or has anyone looked at it?

tapout
10-21-2006, 04:35 AM
funny thing is that i work at honda west and i know who bought this BAHHAHa I HOPE AMVIC SHUTS YOU CROOKS DOWN :bullshit:

3G
10-21-2006, 06:57 AM
if its not sold someone should try to go in, take a look at it, present them with the carfax then send someone else to look at it and if they dont tell them, go to AMVIC, thats shady

DepTrotter
10-21-2006, 07:48 AM
he probably meant, he knows which salesman bought it from auction...

who would buy an s2000 for that much anyways?.. private sale drop 8000 off the price DUH

old&slow
10-21-2006, 09:34 AM
I was visiting my brother one time when he had a salesman from honda west over for dinner. He was bragging to my brother about how he sold a prelude that was worth x amount for about 3 times that amount. He scammed some guy and his wife into believing that it was a much better car.
Needless to say my wife and I weren't very impressed with that talk. We won't go to him or that dealership.
We do get ripped off elsewhere by other dealerships from time to time tho! :)

Cruz
10-21-2006, 10:01 AM

Wow. True colours.

n1zm0
10-21-2006, 10:44 AM
i think he means he saw the John Smith off the street who came in and bought the car.

people don't realize that in no way would someone in service aid a salesman in his sale(in most cases) by saying 'oh this car is flawless' or 'this S2K is a pos'
Sales and service have an ongoing grudge (in most dealerships anyway)

meaning that _wrx_'s job there would not permit him to go and tell that customer, 'you've just bought a fked up s2K'

i had a similar job at a dealership of Honda ownership and i would never say anything to a customer because I am there to do my job, salesmen should be telling you what its history and what work was performed on it or you should goto AMA and VIN check it yourself (i mean 10 years old or 2 years old its a used car, you'll never know it's true history by asking a salesman, he's there to make money)

jdmakkord
10-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Years ago, I purchased my first accord from Calgary Honda, I didn't bother getting an inspection...and got burned. The car was a trade in, that was a writeoff theft recovery from out east. The intire front clip was welded on, and over a few years, the welds rusted out. The only way I ever noticed this problem was when I jacked up the car with the hood open, I saw a 1" gap with light shining through at the strut tower:eek: Turns out all that was really holding the front end together at that point was the engine mounts and the strut bar. Buyer beware no matter where you purchase the car from.

5hift
10-21-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm not surprised at all, I've been making posts about Honda West for a while. It doesnt stop at the showroom either. I used to get my car serviced there initially when it was under warrentee, and heres what happened just to me:

First time I went to pick up my car, I got there a bit early and was surprised to see my car up on the hoist, with my system blasting in the shop playing a different cd than I had left in it. I guess its normal for them to go through peoples cd cases and blast subs, because they werent sure why I was mad when I told them to turn the system off. The same day when I got the car back there was a small perferation in leather of the passenger seat (like someone sat down with a screw driver in their back pocket). They wouldnt admit to doing it but they were willing to pay to fix the problem (maybe I'm the only one who finds that weird)?

Next time I was getting my summer rims put on. The rims were directional but clearly marked with chalk which goes where (incase the markings on the tires were not enough). I also doubled checked with them several times to make sure it was done right. Pulling out of the driveway there I knew right away they were not right. I went back in to complain and they said they were backed up and would need a few hours to do it after me already being their for about half a day (yes 5+ hours for a oil change and rim change) when I was told around 1 hour max. I come back in a few hours to find out my car is not there. After waiting 20 minutes my car shows up with two mechanic helper guys in it. They said they needed to take it on a test drive to make sure they got the rims right but didnt have a answer once again when I asked them why there was 30 kms added to the odometer.

The last time I ever took my car to Honda West, was to get warrentee work done for when my starter died. I had the full extended warrentee and everything was supposed to be covered. They tried to hit me up for extra charges and shop fees on 2 separate occations and only backed off when I threatened to call Honda Canada to see what they thought of it. Suddenly the shop fees and other expenses they tried to convince me everyone pays for when getting warrentee work dissapeared.

I have never seen so much incompetence from a dealership in my life. The service shop consists of 3-4 'team managers' who actually are somewhat trained, watching over (that term is used loosely) 20-25 teenage guys who have no idea what they are doing.

CalgarySupra
10-21-2006, 11:44 AM
honda west is a scam just like stampede toyota and lone star mercedes.

Anton
10-21-2006, 11:59 AM
_wrx_, I appologize if you meant that you know which one of the managers bought the car. Still though, if you know, then almost all the other employees know too so you should disclose this information.

Originally posted by n1zm0
i had a similar job at a dealership of Honda ownership and i would never say anything to a customer because I am there to do my job, salesmen should be telling you what its history and what work was performed on it or you should goto AMA and VIN check it yourself (i mean 10 years old or 2 years old its a used car, you'll never know it's true history by asking a salesman, he's there to make money)

Not true man, some salesmen are like that. You don't make money by "lying" or hiding the information to your advantage. Referals is the biggest source of sales, and no one will recommend you if you're a sneaky little bugger.

Billy2
10-21-2006, 12:08 PM
so how much do you guys think this car is worth? 3 gs? cause 32k is plain stupid.

n1zm0
10-21-2006, 12:26 PM

Not true man, some salesmen are like that. You don't make money by "lying" or hiding the information to your advantage. Referals is the biggest source of sales, and no one will recommend you if you're a sneaky little bugger.

I didnt say they lie, it's more or less they're paper/brochure knowledge of cars that makes sales and referals like you said.

But it's your duty to find out whats wrong with a car before you buy it, permitting your mechanical knowledge of cars and the effort you make to check it's history out, a salesman will not tell you EVERYTHING thats wrong with a car especially in a private used car dealer situation.

adidas
10-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Wow, what a scam!
Those guys are dirty bags! :guns:

FiveFreshFish
10-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm glad the only thing I ever bought from Honda West waa a three-pack of oil filters.

EFHatch
10-21-2006, 05:28 PM

Me too ;) but I can see why he bought it

just got told about this thread today. I cant believe we would bring this in....no wait I can :rolleyes:

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I'm glad the only thing I ever bought from Honda West waa a three-pack of oil filters.

Glad I put that sale on. best deal in town :thumbsup:

mutsuraboshi
10-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Wow, what a scam!
Those guys are dirty bags! :guns:

here is the full story for the guys who are too quick to judge...
the car was traded into the honda west used car sales department and repurchased by a fellow employee of the used car sales department. the employee who bought the car from honda west used cars department made his purchase before test driving the vehicle. all the bashing to honda west and _wrx_ should be redirected to the used car sales employee who is now a fool on one of canadas biggest car forums.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

no, you know what the REAL funny thing is?

assuming somebody did purchase this car from your dealership...
you just owned up to this for your company selling a skeezy car and KNOWING about it and LAUGHING about it on CANADAS largest car forum

way to fucking go :thumbsup:

Originally posted by tapout
I HOPE AMVIC SHUTS YOU CROOKS DOWN :bullshit:

_wrx_ works for the new car sales department not used cars sales department, for some reason, does not dwell over the vehicle's history but rather the vehicle's current conditions. upon trading in a car, it is inspected by a techinician and if its in good working order then it will be accepted.

Originally posted by Cruz

Wow. True colours.

i laugh with _wrx_ and am employed there too for the fact that the guy who bought it never drove the car before he opened his wallet and because we all test drove the vehicle and could feel some tranny issues with the car, but never thought to realize it had just a shady past.

Originally posted by jdmakkord Years ago, I purchased my first accord from Calgary Honda, I didn't bother getting an inspection...and got burned. The car was a trade in, that was a writeoff theft recovery from out east. The intire front clip was welded on, and over a few years, the welds rusted out. The only way I ever noticed this problem was when I jacked up the car with the hood open, I saw a 1" gap with light shining through at the strut tower Turns out all that was really holding the front end together at that point was the engine mounts and the strut bar. Buyer beware no matter where you purchase the car from.

+1 for the last line
-1 for used car sales team, but i guess they got what was coming around to them :rofl:

edit: apparently the car was actually purchased by an employee of the new cars sales department

Anton
10-21-2006, 10:28 PM
_wrx_, appologies again for misunderstanding since it's been cleared up now on what you meant.

Originally posted by mutsuraboshi

here is the full story for the guys who are too quick to judge...
the car was traded into the honda west used car sales department and repurchased by a fellow employee of the used car sales department. the employee who bought the car from honda west used cars department made his purchase before test driving the vehicle. all the bashing to honda west and _wrx_ should be redirected to the used car sales employee who is now a fool on one of canadas biggest car forums

Wow, never knew so many people from Honda West are on the boards. Now this is all understandable but how come the price doesn't reflect that you guys know the vehicle's history? Or did you not at the time?

Dooms_Bane
10-21-2006, 10:43 PM
holy shhiiitt flood much?

94teg
10-22-2006, 01:47 AM
I'll never go to honda west after seeing this

ashee
10-22-2006, 09:14 AM
I got a job with Honda West last summer and the people there were pretty nice except for the fact that they always bashed the other companys, which IMO is not exactly proper busniess etiquette. Never bash the competition makes you look bad.

msommers
10-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 5hift
I'm not surprised at all, I've been making posts about Honda West for a while. It doesnt stop at the showroom either. I used to get my car serviced there initially when it was under warrentee, and heres what happened just to me:

First time I went to pick up my car, I got there a bit early and was surprised to see my car up on the hoist, with my system blasting in the shop playing a different cd than I had left in it. I guess its normal for them to go through peoples cd cases and blast subs, because they werent sure why I was mad when I told them to turn the system off. The same day when I got the car back there was a small perferation in leather of the passenger seat (like someone sat down with a screw driver in their back pocket). They wouldnt admit to doing it but they were willing to pay to fix the problem (maybe I'm the only one who finds that weird)?

Next time I was getting my summer rims put on. The rims were directional but clearly marked with chalk which goes where (incase the markings on the tires were not enough). I also doubled checked with them several times to make sure it was done right. Pulling out of the driveway there I knew right away they were not right. I went back in to complain and they said they were backed up and would need a few hours to do it after me already being their for about half a day (yes 5+ hours for a oil change and rim change) when I was told around 1 hour max. I come back in a few hours to find out my car is not there. After waiting 20 minutes my car shows up with two mechanic helper guys in it. They said they needed to take it on a test drive to make sure they got the rims right but didnt have a answer once again when I asked them why there was 30 kms added to the odometer.

The last time I ever took my car to Honda West, was to get warrentee work done for when my starter died. I had the full extended warrentee and everything was supposed to be covered. They tried to hit me up for extra charges and shop fees on 2 separate occations and only backed off when I threatened to call Honda Canada to see what they thought of it. Suddenly the shop fees and other expenses they tried to convince me everyone pays for when getting warrentee work dissapeared.

I have never seen so much incompetence from a dealership in my life. The service shop consists of 3-4 'team managers' who actually are somewhat trained, watching over (that term is used loosely) 20-25 teenage guys who have no idea what they are doing.

Wow this is just unbelievable. Sounds just as bad as Sunridge Nissan.

Evo prec
10-22-2006, 12:10 PM
i have free oiul changes at honda west and wont be goin there to get them...........so if anybody wants to buy them let me know i think i have 4 left....havent yused since i bought the car used.

mutsuraboshi
10-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

... thats really shitty. when did this happen? i dont really know what to say to something like that (30km more on the odo, the 5 hr is very unforgivable aswell, along with the abuse of your sound system. with a big company, it will always try to offer the best customer service it can whether it be without reason, in hopes of impressing you to continue relations with them. it wasnt recognizing that they were responsible for the perferation on your seat). i've been with the company almost for a month now... i'm not trying to defend myself from anything you have experienced as i am sure it was true, but since i have joined the company the garage has consisted of 5 service advisors, 2 service managers, 8 certified technicians including a very knowledgable shop foreman, 4 3rd year apprentices all very mature and professional. i can see maybe 2 guys that i work with in the lube bay that could of been responsible for your bad experience. the only way i can back the company up is by saying that there will always be ppl that run into bad experiences with shops/ dealerships, but so long as you are the minority it is acceptable for the company as it is still in business, and from the month i have been there, i find it to be a pretty busy and nice place to work at. these faults are always expected to happen whether the company learns from them is the display of their true commitment to the customer. i hope that wraps this thread up

scat19
10-22-2006, 01:35 PM
This car is not even legally allowed to be here, you cant import a salvage title.

doublepostwhore
10-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Chris Gautier... is he as good as he says? (honda west employee)

Palmiros
10-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Someone should have printed off the CARFAX report and showed it to them. And ask for a SUBSTANTIAL discount.
Would have been a great car for 5Gs. :P

CRX crazy
10-24-2006, 04:52 PM
_wrx_, appologies again for misunderstanding since it's been cleared up now on what you meant.

Wow, never knew so many people from Honda West are on the boards. Now this is all understandable but how come the price doesn't reflect that you guys know the vehicle's history? Or did you not at the time?

Hey I'm another Honda West employee, we're everywhere. As to answer your question, NO the dealership did not know this vehicle history before this car was sold, when it was found out management was informed and proper action was taken.
:)

69cougar
10-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CRX crazy

Hey I'm another Honda West employee, we're everywhere. As to answer your question, NO the dealership did not know this vehicle history before this car was sold, when it was found out management was informed and proper action was taken.

Well there you go. Honda west are too cheap and lazy to do proper due diligence on their used cars. In addition to the inspections that they do (of which any decent tech can tell factory body work from aftermarket) and the lein search to make sure they don't get stiffed they dont have the money/time :rolleyes: to get a carproof and carfax on the vehicles.

MrPid
10-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by scat19
This car is not even legally allowed to be here, you cant import a salvage title.

Yes you can.

As long as it's on the RIV's list and not issued a parts only title, it is importable. Instead of 45 days to certify though, you have a whole year.

S2000 is on the list. It's importable.

nj2Type-S
10-24-2006, 10:59 PM
wow, that sux!!!

5hift: that sux, bro! i hate going to dealerships! i'm never going back to Silverhill Acura again, either. I remember when they added 18 kms on my car from an oil change! fact is that people that works at dealerships (mostly younger employees in their 20s) are effin idiots. I know this cuz i know someone working at this chevy dealership that drives around in customers' cars and being an asshole.

:thumbsdow = service these days!

n1zm0 works at Silverhill, he knows what kind of shit goes on there!

4doorj
10-25-2006, 08:58 AM

thats crazy! how can honda not know about history on one of their used cars:dunno:

DoubleLP
10-25-2006, 09:17 AM
That really sucks that Honda West is giving that kind of shit service.

However as has been said it is not limited to just them.

I had my car in at Heninger Toyota to get my clutch fixed. It took less time then they said it would, which definitely made me feel better about the whole thing. HOWEVER, as I went out to get my car I noticed something wrong with the bumper. The guy who moves the cars around on the lot decided it would be a good idea to drive my car up onto one of those parking stall cement barriers (the low ones that they put to stop cars from parking on a sidewalk) and it damaged my front bumper and the front drivers side fender a bit.

So needless to say I was furious! Heninger denied it at first but eventually said they would have the bodyshop fix it. The car was in the bodyshop for over a week and when I got it back it still was not done right and had to go back in. Finally got it fixed properly, or so I thought. The paint that they used is shit. It chips really easily, and you can tell what side of the car they worked on because the bumper on the drivers side has a lot more paint chips then the passenger side. I have gone back numerous times to complain and they keep telling me that it is because of the way I drive. WTF?!?!? I have even talked to Brian Henninger and he said the same shit. Like fuck. Apparently I put the drivers side in the way of rocks.

Needless to say I will not be going back to Heninger.

Sorry about taking this off topic of Honda West.

Mosquito_R
10-25-2006, 10:16 AM

So, what action was taken?

7thgenvic
10-25-2006, 10:29 AM
i hope that poor smuck knew! thats terrible

CRX crazy
10-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Mosquito_R

I'm not to sure, it's not finished being sorted out yet. But I still can't believe that they didn't check the history . . . glad I don't work in sales

Redlyne_mr2
10-25-2006, 06:00 PM

Gave the employee $100 off and told him to keep his mouth shut. Extremely dissapointing on Honda Wests part. Im sure like me, most of you guys have people ask your opinions on car advice and local dealers all the time. Situations like this are what will forever give the dealership a bad rep.

CasperWho
10-25-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by marko polo

i dont think thats funny, u knew what was wrong with the car and u think its funny u ripped off some person that trusted youre dealership. Everyone at honda west is a bunch of assholes and have lost my bussines for life becuase of this bullshit!

:werd:

i serviced my civic there.
no longer will i continue any buisness there

Mosquito_R
10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Gave the employee $100 off and told him to keep his mouth shut. Extremely dissapointing on Honda Wests part. Im sure like me, most of you guys have people ask your opinions on car advice and local dealers all the time. Situations like this are what will forever give the dealership a bad rep.

Holy crap... you serious??? I haven't dealt with Honda West personally, but if this was really the settlement to this issue, I will never recommend anyone to go near Honda West to buy a car.

Come to think of it, can this sort of stuff be report to the BBB? I think it can be reported to AMVIC, right?

EFHatch
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
This is getting way out of hand here people. There's no need to take this one example to just start giving the entire dealership as a whole a bad name. Obviously there must be a simple explaination as to why this car fell through the cracks, I just hope that the apropriate measures have been put into place to avoid this from happening again.

What i'm upset about is how people on this board immediatly take to the offensive about unrelated issues they have had regarding their trip to Honda West. How can assosiate a questionable used vehicle to having a different CD in your car...

Cruz
10-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Wow this is just unbelievable. Sounds just as bad as Sunridge Nissan.

I have a few Sunridge Nissan stories of my own.

gp36912
10-25-2006, 10:32 PM
well mechanics shouldn't be playing around with the customer cars anyways. the guys i worked with down at cmp never touched even the radio, all they ever do with it is turn the radio off. weve had old stingray vettes go through the shop for service, and the furthest that thing left the mechanics bay was on a short drive(that was with the tech manager and customer) other then that it stayed within the lot.

Hakkola
10-26-2006, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by gp36912
well mechanics shouldn't be playing around with the customer cars anyways. the guys i worked with down at cmp never touched even the radio, all they ever do with it is turn the radio off. weve had old stingray vettes go through the shop for service, and the furthest that thing left the mechanics bay was on a short drive(that was with the tech manager and customer) other then that it stayed within the lot.

same at Hyatt Mercedes, whenever a car was brought into the shop first thing we did when we got in the car was turn the radio off.

CRX crazy
10-26-2006, 10:28 AM

Holy crap... you serious??? I haven't dealt with Honda West personally, but if this was really the settlement to this issue, I will never recommend anyone to go near Honda West to buy a car.

Come to think of it, can this sort of stuff be report to the BBB? I think it can be reported to AMVIC, right?

No that is not what happened, we don't know what is happening.
But like EF said it's one mistake that has been blown out of proportion. Everybody makes mistakes. And it's not like the dealership sold the car then told the buyer to F off right. At least they are taking responsibility for their actions.

Tik-Tok
10-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by EFHatch
T
What i'm upset about is how people on this board immediatly take to the offensive about unrelated issues they have had regarding their trip to Honda West.

Not just this board, it's part of life. People love to bitch and moan. How many times have you told some friends about shitty service at a restaurant, then they go off about their shitty experiences at the same place? Meanwhile you've all been there 100 times previously with no problems.

Complaining isn't just a hobby, it's a lifestyle we've all become accustomed to.

msommers
10-26-2006, 02:20 PM

write it up in brief in the dealership review thread I have made!

TurboZombie
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM

What horror stories do you have about Sunridge?

Sprinter
10-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Scary Story

They are at least trying to solve the problem... Honda West isn't the only company out there that makes mistakes.

In saying that, you can't blame people like 5shift though...I mean horrible service like that happening constantly is unacceptable... but not everyone in the company is automatically an asshole/crook, all they gotta do is just fire the guy(S) who fucked around & weren't doing their job, making the company look bad

There is no way to turn this around... Honda West is gonna get a bad rep because of this whether we like it or not