PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to see X-man tonight? *Some Spoilers*

SilverRex
05-02-2003, 04:17 PM
just curious , maybe 10:40 or 11:00 pm show at chinook?

bosa
05-02-2003, 04:19 PM
I'm not going tonight, but I'm going this weekend. 3 day weekend for me. :D X2 is going to be sweet.

air_mikey
05-02-2003, 04:43 PM
im going tonite at 7:30 though.

Zephyr
05-02-2003, 04:46 PM
gah its been sold out two days ago in the states!

air_mikey
05-02-2003, 04:48 PM
yeah i heard it was going to be sold out so i went rite after school to buy tickets.

Stratus_Power
05-02-2003, 05:11 PM
im going tonite, hope it wont be sold-out, cuz i aint got no tix yet

air_mikey
05-02-2003, 05:25 PM
you should go see rite now to get tickets man cuz i heard they were selling quickly.

sexualbanana
05-02-2003, 05:28 PM
it doesnt matter if u buy tickets in advance i think. u still gotta stand in line for a long time to get a decent seat.

i think i'll wait a week or 2 to see it

l/l/rX
05-02-2003, 08:39 PM
not tonight i got work tomorrow morning, probably tomorrow night though, cant wait :) tell me how it is after

Wildcat
05-02-2003, 08:50 PM
I SAW IT TODAY
at 3:40 at the colliseum, it was awesome but i thought it dragged on for too long (about 2 and a half hours). And if your a fan of the comic books you wont be disapointed, it finishes with a guarenteed sequal promise. I dont want to spoil anything so ill only say one word...... (spoiler to some)

"phoenix" ;)

sexualbanana
05-02-2003, 09:04 PM
yeah i hear they might go into the whole jean grey thing in the next movies if there is one

RSeXy
05-02-2003, 09:37 PM
i can't wait to see it!! Sam and I are gonna try to go Sunday nite.

EstoMax
05-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
gah its been sold out two days ago in the states!

i just went to see it today with my friends.. it was pretty cool

max

SilverRex
05-02-2003, 10:23 PM
ya, who still wants to see it but hasnt gone.. I missed it tonight, I will try for tomorrow night.

air_mikey
05-02-2003, 10:31 PM
it was a good movie. but i agree with Wildcat, it did drag on.

Zephyr
05-02-2003, 10:34 PM
bah me trying tommrrow , u guys lucky to get tickets... plus its raining here soo stay home with my possibly gf

D'z Nutz
05-02-2003, 10:57 PM
I saw it this afternoon. Fuck that was an awesome movie!! I used to collect the X-titles, so I appreciated the little subtleties throughout the whole movie. While the movie was long, I didn't feel that it dragged on. It was kinda non-stop action all the way. Can't wait until the DVD comes out! :D

TalonVelocity
05-03-2003, 12:03 AM
OMG THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-03-2003, 01:38 AM
crazy good movie

Stratus_Power
05-03-2003, 01:48 AM
pretty good movie

Light_Speed
05-03-2003, 02:07 AM
just finished watching it and it was pretty good

TalonVelocity
05-03-2003, 07:45 AM
man that teleporter dude was the sweetest

Hakkola
05-03-2003, 01:29 PM
I thought it would be cool, all the msn reviews they put up say the movie was trash though.

I dunno when I'm gonna get around to seein it.

sexualbanana
05-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
bah me trying tommrrow , u guys lucky to get tickets... plus its raining here soo stay home with my possibly gf

dude, it was snowing here last nite

RiCE-DaDDy
05-03-2003, 04:55 PM
it wont be pheonix, unless they change the oirginal comic story
theres too much background story to pheonix, to be put into a 2 hour movie

Wildcat
05-03-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

true, but u know that theyre going to jazz it up and cut it down to be marketable, like how obvious was the ending?? :dunno:

Also ther was LOTS of little subtleties, eg. "Dr. Hank Mcoy" (Beast) was on the TV in the bar talking about mutants. Or when mystique is on the computer as lady deathstrike, did anyone notice the list of mutant names? Remy Lebeau (gambit) was ther amongst others.. i thought it was neat :D

The apperance of colossus for 2mins was cool, i didnt expect that

Smartiepants
05-03-2003, 07:46 PM
I dunno, pheonix seems to be a possibility, look at the eyes man!

mwmhong
05-04-2003, 10:28 AM
*SPOILERS*

That Movie Rocked! :clap:

Nightcrawler was the best part of the movie, especialy the first scene in the Whitehouse, BAMF! WHAM! BAMF! WHACK! Intense teleport fighting.

Magneto ripping the iron from the guards blood and escaping=badass. Holy Shit.

Most sentimental line from the movie was what Wolverine said to Cyclops, after they were talking to Prof. X about Jean's death and her inability to make decisions: "She did make a decision. She chose you." I was tearing up. :(

LMAO @ "Bye, bye, bye" playing in Cyclops' RX-8. :rofl:

I give it 8.5/10.

Good action, good use of the characters, they kept reinforcing humanities rejection of mutants, lots of plot twists and surprises, somewhat emotional ending, BUT some really corny scenes.

Can't wait for Matrix Reloaded, Hulk and T3. :)

D'z Nutz
05-04-2003, 10:41 AM

Hollywood always chops stories so that it's more presentable on the big screen. I can totally see then introducing Dark Phoenix in the next movie and tell the story within a 2 hour time frame. First 5 minutes some weird energy from space shooting into the water, the next half hour there are wierd news reports of some crazy mutant is attacking people all over the place, then they find out it's Jean and try to save her for the rest of the movie, then the last 20 minutes they do and all is well.

It's not like the either of the movies were 100% consistant with the comics anyways.

MerfBall
05-05-2003, 09:04 AM

They already did change the original comic book story in the first movie.

There was so much foreshadowing of Phoenix in X2. I just hope they have Psylocke in the next movie :drool:

Wildcat
05-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MerfBall

They already did change the original comic book story in the first movie.

There was so much foreshadowing of Phoenix in X2. I just hope they have Psylocke in the next movie :drool:

AGREED, Psylocke would be a hot addition, :love: they should cast someone to play Gambit, he's the shit. I heard a rumor that they were going to cast Van Damm as him, but i doubt it.. it just wouldnt fit right :dunno:

Hakkola
05-05-2003, 11:22 AM
They should get that french guy who was in Nikita, long hair, accent and all that, perfect for the part I think.

sexualbanana
05-05-2003, 04:14 PM
jean grey has to become phoenix. there's no other way that that could turn out.

i got bored last nite and wsa kinda curious about what happens to phoenix in the comic books and it gets fucked up. it's SO confusing. i was reading it and thinking "this doesn't happen in the movie." then i realized that the movies don't follow the comic books, otherwise there would be a whole lot of confused people in the theatre.

l/l/rX
05-05-2003, 04:54 PM
i heard phoenix goes back and forth, from good to bad? but my knowledge of the xmen is very limited *shrugz*

Wildcat
05-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
i heard phoenix goes back and forth, from good to bad? but my knowledge of the xmen is very limited *shrugz*

true, like all women phoenix has her good and bad days and is known to get into hissyfits and kick the rest of the xmens a$$es

l/l/rX
05-05-2003, 05:17 PM
o hey i got a question....in the comics does jean grey (or whatever her name is) does she really turn into phoenix? or is this another one of them made up hollywood scenes?

sexualbanana
05-05-2003, 05:36 PM
jean gerey actually turns into phoenix and then dark phoenix then jean grey again then into semi-phoenix on multiple occasions in the comic books.

the only thing hollywood about jean grey turning into phoenix in the movie is just how and when she does

MerfBall
05-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Jean Grey is Phoenix for awhile, and then when Jean dies a second time the phoenix force later goes into her daughter from an alternate reality, Rachael Summers.

But the story of how she becomes Phoenix is of course different than in the movie.

Don't even try to compare the movie to the comic book there are just too many different things. X-Men still has a lot of good stories left to tell so long as Fox doesn't get too crazy and doesn't make it too stupid

Smartiepants
05-05-2003, 07:01 PM
In the comics the x-men were in space then Jean gets possesed by some guardian for her powers and she gets more but the guardian is come crazy shit. Thats if I remember it right.

RiCE-DaDDy
05-05-2003, 09:29 PM
yea like i said, the true pheonix is really complicated, if x3 is gonna be bout pheonix then the only relation is the red and bird. Also, it'll make the movie way more far fetched than the first 2, i mean a being of cosmic energy from space possesing a mutant?

oh yea it was super cheese when cyclops was "don't say shes gone, no no.......blah"

Wildcat
05-05-2003, 09:36 PM
FYI: the phoenix saga was the longest series in comic history i think, itll be interested how they compact the jist of it into a 2 hf movie
They should have juggernaut in the next one! Juggi will fuck shit up! :thumbsup: and more collosus too!

rayray
05-05-2003, 10:27 PM
you just know the Phoenix story is gonna happen. there's too much foreshadowing for it not to happen. and it certainly won't be like the comics as the real story line is complex and there would have to be much character development it to come close... which hollywood does not have time for. we'll end up seeing some watered down version. but they've represented the story pretty good in the last 2 movies so i'm excited to see their twist on the story.

in the comics the Phoenix being entered Jean Grey as the X-Men were returning from space. Jean used her powers to help save the ship from burning up upon entry but in order to do so she sacrificed her life for it. the water scene in the movie parallels that.

another good story line that would be awesome to see is the introduction of the Sentinels. they keep talking about the eradication of the mutants and in the comics they robots were badazz.

can't wait till the next one.

-rayray

MerfBall
05-06-2003, 07:47 AM
The X-Men is such a jackpot of good stories, that is really endless. They could do the Fall of the Mutants, Days of Future Past...

And there's still so many bad guys to fight like Apocalypse, Stryfe, Mr. Sinister, Hellfire club...

mwmhong
05-06-2003, 07:51 AM
http://image.pathfinder.com/ew/features/000505/xmen/img/jean.jpg

"I'll be back" :drool:

sexualbanana
05-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by rayray

in the comics the Phoenix being entered Jean Grey as the X-Men were returning from space. Jean used her powers to help save the ship from burning up upon entry but in order to do so she sacrificed her life for it. the water scene in the movie parallels that.

i wonder how they're going to explain how phoenix becomes dark phoenix and then the x-men battle that turns dp back into jean grey?

MerfBall
05-06-2003, 12:09 PM
In the comics, Jean doesn't turn back... she sacrifices herself again I believe its on the moon and the Phoenix force leaves her...

and later goes into Rachael Summers (her daughter from an alternate timeline that ends up in the X-Men's timeline)... Rachael Summers becomes the second Phoenix.

Jean is later found to be alive, forget how... but at the time Scott had already married a clone of Jean (don't ask:D) Madelin Pryor and they have a child, Nathan Summer (aka Cable). Madelin dies as the goblin Queen in the Fall of the Mutants and all of the mutants disappear/ are lost.

I think in the Days of Future Past saga, Jean and Scott travels into the future and witnesses the death of Rachael in the future and Rachael's dying wish is for Jean to take on the Phoenix name again for her. Jean becomes Phoenix again.

So, her name changes from Marvel Girl, Phoenix, just Jean Grey, back to Phoenix.

D'z Nutz
05-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MerfBall

Jean is later found to be alive, forget how... but at the time Scott had already married a clone of Jean (don't ask:D) Madelin Pryor and they have a child, Nathan Summer (aka Cable). Madelin dies as the goblin Queen in the Fall of the Mutants and all of the mutants disappear/ are lost.

Jean is found by the Avengers (IIRC) at the bottom of the ocean in a cocoon or something like that. Upon her return, they form X-Factor, consisting of the original X-men members.

And the Goblin Queen doesn't die in the Fall of the Mutants, it's Inferno she dies in.

Man, it's been a long time since I've read my old comics! I'm suprised I even remember any of this! Hahaha!

Wildcat
05-06-2003, 05:08 PM
that would be wicked if they made a movie on teh apocalypse saga, pretty much every1 died! It was one of my all-time favorite series :D

sexualbanana
05-06-2003, 07:26 PM
there were technically 2 versions of jean grey when she became phoenix.

there was phoenix, meanwhile phoenix left jean grey in a healing chamber at the bottom of the ocean to heal by herself

mustang
05-07-2003, 09:41 PM
I really holpe they dont go into the whole phoenix saga....its a can of worms that they really dont wanna open, cuz it'll really piss off the die-hard comic guys. I honestly believe that they are going to anyways, because lets be honest, the foreshadowing was pretty obvious. I also think they're going to bring in Beast and Gambit as well as add more Colossus to the mix (add to their pool of experienced X-Men as opposed to just kids and Wolvie/Storm/Cyc/Jean/Nightcrawler) as well as bring back Sabretooth and **Praying** some JUGGERNAUT (he rocks, who wouldnt want to see a Wolverine vs. Juggernaut fight?) that way they can broaden the movie a little more as most of the x-men guys are all on the damn jet the whole time anyways. Thats just what I think is gonna happen, it could be totally wrong, but I think we're just gonna have to sit back and hope Hollywood makes good with the movie as they see it, cuz if I was the director I wouldnt touch The Phoenix with a 10 foot pole.....

sexualbanana
05-08-2003, 01:48 AM
the problem they're probably going to encounter if there is another sequel is trying to narrow the scope.the x-men series has twisted and turned to the point where it's basically abandoned the original premise which was good mutants vs bad mutants for humanity.

if they introduce beast, gambit, juggernaut, sentinals, etc. it's just gonna be WAY too many back stories to cover as well as dilute the content in order to fit everything in

Sky
05-08-2003, 02:00 AM
just wait till matrix reloaded comes out, I know there will be even more people going to that movie and I hope it will be good. even if its alright people will still complain.

MerfBall
05-08-2003, 09:07 AM
A good epic evolves and the X-Men has done exactly that, I don't know how much more I could take of just good mutants vs bad mutants. Of course there has employed some truly stupid writers that had horrible stories, but I think for the most part the twists and turns have all been good.

So far they've done a good job telling the appropriate stories in all the movies. All these twists and turns will hopefully just lead to more good movies :D

All the characters have a huge back story, they have managed so far to cover these back stories, of course the past two movies have focused on Xavier and Wolverine.

Don't forget Rogue also has a huge backstory, she hasn't met Carol Danvers yet to absorb her strength and ability to fly.

So long as they don't get stupid about it, they can continue on and on with movie after movie.

Wildcat
05-08-2003, 11:19 AM
I also think they're going to bring in Beast and Gambit as well as add more Colossus to the mix (add to their pool of experienced X-Men as opposed to just kids and Wolvie/Storm/Cyc/Jean/Nightcrawler) as well as bring back Sabretooth and **Praying** some JUGGERNAUT (he rocks, who wouldnt want to see a Wolverine vs. Juggernaut fight?)

Ya theyre gonna throw collosus in forsure and get him more involved (like rogue, iceman and pyro in X2) Beast and Gambit would be great (yet predictable) additions to X3. But i say screw sabertooth, they screwed over his character in X1 giving him absolutley no background and i think it would just be better if they left him out...and yes juggi ownz joo all!!! lol :rofl: :thumbsup:

max_boost
05-08-2003, 12:17 PM
The storyline will depend on which character they are able to retain! Let's just hope the cast stays in tact!

Absolutely loved the movie, did not feel like 2 hours at all! Wicked fighting scenes and special effects. Can't forget Rebecca Romijn Stamos!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: