PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1983 Toyota Celica GT 5-speed coupe

ReasonOne
10-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Hi,

I happen to have a 5-speed '83 Celica GT coupe. The coupes are getting harder and harder to find in good shape as the hatchbacks were more popular back in the day. The car does need a little work but it's nothing that can't be fixed while you're driving it.

Here's what it needs:

-Speedometer and odometer stopped working properly 2 months ago. Speedo cable will have to be replaced or adjusted and the odometer works, but runs a lot slower than it should.
-passenger side speakers don't work
-a paint job

Here's what has been done in the last year:

-new alternator
-new starter
-new battery
-new windshield
-new headlights
-new EFI manifold
-A/C fully recharged (ice cold!)
-used muffler installed
-new front brakes and rotors done just last week

There's over $2K in new parts on this car. There is no glass damage. There is very little rust on the body - I would say several specks here and there but no part of the body is rusted through. The original clearcoat is still on some parts of the car. The car needs to be repainted in my opinion because some kids vandalized it and spray painted the sides and the hood with graffiti (nothing offensive). I was told by a body guy that there is a compound you can apply to take it off but I was looking at about $300-$400. If the paint doesn't bother you, then there's no problem. I don't deny this car isn't a piece of history, but I don't think I've seen another couple with the body in this shape in some time.

243,000 km's
am/fm cassette player
A/C
power side view mirrors
original Celica GT wheels

I was going to ask $1500 for it, but with the graffiti on the car I want $900 obo.

Phuqu
10-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Check your PM's.

ReasonOne
10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Bump.

Price is $900 obo

20R
10-30-2006, 10:49 PM
can you post pic's or e-mail them to [email protected]

ReasonOne
11-02-2006, 12:02 AM