PDA

View Full Version : The Prestige

HyperZell
10-22-2006, 01:06 AM
http://theprestige.movies.go.com/

Just saw this tonight. Fantastic movie which is currently sitting at 74% on the Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/prestige/) meter.

It stars Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman as two rival magicians during the turn of the century (19th, that is). Scarlett Johansson also makes a lovely supporting appearance, and Michael Caine is fantastic as John Cutter. The movie is directed by Christopher Nolan, who also did Memento and Batman Begins. It is all about twists and turns, and I recommend you go in there ready to pay attention. It takes a little while to figure out the triple-layered time scheme, but once this movie gets going it doesn't let you go. Some of the major plot twists had the entire audience going "wtf!" and "no way!" which was really enjoyable.

The Prestige is definitely recommended - check this one out!

camby
10-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah I thought it was a good movie as well. Spoiler...

Its kinda fucked up how the machine creates an exact copy but the one that falls into the water tank doesn't actually know if the machine worked. So in a sense he drowns each time he does the trick.

Vagabond142
10-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Saw it tonight. Damned good show. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hb2k
10-24-2006, 01:18 AM
wow that movie was good! i really enjoyed it. the ending was really good. and it all makes so much more sense like when he says the "i don't love you today" stuff. did u guys know tesla is David Bowie? under pressure FTW

Jord@n
10-24-2006, 01:43 PM
I thought it was very well done.

<Spoiler Below>

I didn't like how he made exact copies of himself, kinda fake. I wish they did something that was more believable.

Murphy
10-24-2006, 02:11 PM
I was kinda hoping that Bale would be a real magician and pop out of the noose or some shit. :thumbsdow

stevieo
10-24-2006, 06:23 PM
i thought it was a good movie, I didn't really see some parts coming, but after seeing a few things you could see how it falls together, good movie though!

Sprinter
10-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Christopher Nolan does it again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unknown303
10-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Murphy
I was kinda hoping that Bale would be a real magician and pop out of the noose or some shit. :thumbsdow

Thats exactly what i was hoping, was a small let down to find out about the double.

Regardless Bale performs another great role.