PDA

View Full Version : Becareful of dealer's cheating(at Richmond, BC)

Carboy
10-22-2006, 11:36 AM
On Sept. 18th, I bought a 2007 Suzuki SX4 at the Richmond Suzuki in Richmond, BC. I also introduced my friend Mr. Chen to Richmond Suzuki where he bought a same car.

When I bought the car, the salesmen solicited me to install an immobilizer which cost me $500. They told me it was an ¡°original Suzuki made¡±, which was the reason I wanted to install one. They said, after installing the immobilizer, my car will be safe, even someone duplicate my key, he can't start my car.

When I got my car, I found a hole was drilled on the steel wheel cover and a LED light was installed in the hole. Obviously the immobilizer is not "original Suzuki made". But this is not the biggest problem.

Several days later, I spent $3 duplicating a new key. I was surprise to find that I could use this key to drive my car completely! That means the so call immobilizer is a fake one at all. I had a 2002 Jetta with immobilizer before, and have a 2000 Beetle, they can't be started using a duplicated key.

I went back to the Richmond Suzuki several times. The salesman Tony Tse said it is normal. I talked to the manager Ron Fong, he wanted me to leave my car at their place to have the immobilizer changed. But I have lost my confidence. I'm angry at their cheating behavior; it is totally not acceptable. Besides, I need my car to do delivery every day, I can't afford stopping working a day. In the mean time, My friend Chen have left his car at Richmond Suzuki couple days to have the fake immobilizer changed, he is angry for spending so much time in this.

Now what should I do?

Evo prec
10-22-2006, 11:56 AM
contact a lawyer and see if there is anything you can do.....probably wont be much just your money back with free worik or something who knows :dunno: shitty deal tho gl with all of it

Carboy
10-22-2006, 12:12 PM
But how abot the lawyer fee? Is it worth?

hussein
10-22-2006, 12:21 PM
No, it won't cost you less than $500, will it? Unless you have a friend who is a lawyer.

Carboy
10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
I filed complains to Motor Dealer Council and Suzuki Canada. Motor Dealer Council Said: "The Motor Dealer Council of BC has jurisdiction over consumer transactions where the consumer purchased a vehicle from a licensed motor dealer for personal use. In your email you indicated that you use your vehicle for work to make deliveries and therefore this does not fall within our jurisdiction." I don't understand, buying a car for work means unprotectable? And Suzuki Canada said: "We cannot act as your advocate in this matter as we do not have legal jurisdiction. This is a legal matter to be settled between you and the dealership under the laws of your province." Does that mean I have to pay the layer fee to get my $500 back?

hussein
10-22-2006, 09:25 PM
http://www.mdcbc.com/
Contact them again and tell them that you use the vehicle for personal use? :dunno:

EDIT: Or just tell the dealership if they do not resolve it that you will go to MDCBC.

Graham_A_M
10-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Go to the better business bureau. Their located right beside Outlaws night club.. between there and Spence. Thats what I did about Rogers wireless. Its free and can make a world of difference. WHen the BBB is involved: businesses listen.
www.bbb.ca

Carboy
10-22-2006, 10:01 PM
thank you all

Team_Mclaren
10-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Go to the better business bureau. Their located right beside Outlaws night club.. between there and Spence. Thats what I did about Rogers wireless. Its free and can make a world of difference. WHen the BBB is involved: businesses listen.
www.bbb.ca

He's from BC, but yes, you can contact BBB in BC, not calgary

Graham_A_M
10-22-2006, 11:04 PM
whoops.. I'm so used to talking to other Calgarians.