PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Katana 600 Good Deal Or Stay Away??

mike_papps
10-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Looking at purchasing a 2000 katana that is going to set me back about $3000 in total... now its an ok price and the bike is in good condition.. its about 11000 kms and lady driven. does anyone know if these bikes are good or if i should spend the money on one.. it seems rather in expensive but then again katana's arent the most expensive bike?? ANYONE>

tawheed
10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey dude,

It depends what you want in a bike.. If it's going to be your first bike it's a great idea.. If you've been riding for a while a katana 600 is not really comparable to a 600 supersport even of the same era..

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions..

-tawheed

mike_papps
10-22-2006, 05:18 PM
ive had yamaha fzr 600's before but they were both 1990's and i didnt really ride them a whole lot because they were carburated and a little finiky with starting and condition.. i just want a bike thats gonna run good and drive.. haha.. dont want anything to crazy so it would practiclly be my first bike

Supa Dexta
10-22-2006, 06:04 PM
lady driven doesnt mean crap, ever...

SOAB
10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
i had a 99 katana 600 as my first bike and it never let me down. it taught me to actually ride instead of going through the turns straight up and just twisting the throttle when i hit a straight.

$3000 would be a pretty good deal if the bike is ok.

Darkane
10-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
lady driven doesnt mean crap, ever...

Sure it does. It means STAY AWAY! I'd rather have a hard driven MAINTAINED vehicle than a lady driven vehicle with 2 oil changes in 45,000Km.

Supa Dexta
10-22-2006, 07:49 PM
ha, true enough

NGRPLZ.NET
10-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Sure it does. It means STAY AWAY! I'd rather have a hard driven MAINTAINED vehicle than a lady driven vehicle with 2 oil changes in 45,000Km. You're forgetting the roasted clutches too.

mike_papps
10-23-2006, 02:49 PM
actually a man and wife owned the bike. they bought is from US and registered the bike here 2 1/2 years ago.. they both ride together but she got pregnant with there first kid and she cant ride anymore. probably wont again. bike has been maintained by the man.. he drove it for 2 months while she was prego before trying to sell it..

Masked Bandit
10-24-2006, 07:54 AM
It sounds like a reasonable deal to me. Just don't expect high end performance. It will still smoke just most cages but it's not a track machine.

gp36912
10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
^^^ hahah cages, unique way of refering to cars :D

Supa Dexta
10-24-2006, 09:07 PM
common name in the bike world.. Although some people get mad about it? why? is it that bad to call cars "cages" and people need to freak out about it....

mike_papps
10-29-2006, 07:19 PM
ok well ive read mixed reviews on that bike... for another 500 i can pic up a Honda CBR f4. there are a couple advertised for ok priced... now along those lines how does the cbr compare in quality...

dazzdillinger
11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
"lady driven doesnt mean crap, ever..."
:D :D :D

Matter of fact, i do stay away from anything "lady driven" I know of three women who have never popped their hood open. Matter of fact, last year, my lady neighbour complained to me that her car was running funny. Turns out she was cruising on the highway in a 2003 nissan altima for two years in second gear "d2" Go figure.

My co worker asked me to refill her windshield washer fluid and the darn hood won't realease. She drove that biatch car three years without ever popping da hood for oil change or anything else. I asked her why she abused her car and she said " It always starts so i didn't know anything was wrong with it." No lie hear.

Here is my personal favourite though, my own mom drove her car with almost zero oil in the engine for 6 months. When i came to visit her and inspect the car, i noticed the low oil level and asked her why she ignored the "service engine" Her answer? "It always comes on" :rofl:
Here's the catch though, i knew that car won't last so we traded it in and the dealer had that car super hyped up with the tag, "lady driven" on auto trader. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bignerd
11-24-2006, 07:45 PM
A katana is a good beginner bike and so is an F4, although an F4 will give you more to work with in the long run. It has better handling, performance, brakes ect. and reliability. Never had anyproblems with my CBR, the only thing i would say if you can afford to spend a little more the F4I is the way to go, fuel injection Vs carboration. But if I were you I would rather go with the CBR over the Katana.