oh crap...i just drove by there....

dezmarez
10-22-2006, 08:27 PM
ya its pretty bad
my brother walked by right after it happend
he said it was a terrible site

jay42w8
10-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

A2VR6
10-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I was there washing my car at around 5:30, and they had both directions of berkshire closed off... apparently the guy on the bike hit a bump or a pothole or something and lost it right infront of the Esso.

azndragon1234
10-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Was this today or yesterday or friday? lol cause tehre was another bike accident...or so i heard

dezmarez
10-22-2006, 09:05 PM
this was like 5 hours ago

jay42w8
10-22-2006, 11:03 PM
news said that numerous calls were placed to 911 about him riding his bike like a maniac

sad to see his actions ended in death but hopefully at least one other moronic bike rider will learn not to do what he did

Xtrema
10-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by jay42w8
http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2006/10/release.20061021_133727_2027_0

Too sad to see that even with all the crack down, this still happens.

May be drunk drivers causing injury should be behind bar 15 years automatically. And 25-Life if causing death.

van
10-22-2006, 11:50 PM
That's crazy, I saw a darker red mustang and a bike racing down 16th avenue eastbound tonight as well. Just maybe an hour before -- maybe they should've watched the news before they did something so stupid.

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 12:23 AM
My best friend is Dead. He was an amazing person, an absolute brother of mine...

al-ti2d
10-23-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Datsun-Fever
My best friend is Dead. He was an amazing person, an absolute brother of mine...

yo werd mike. RIP for Ricky... and jay42w8.. please just shut the fuck up and show a bit of respect please. I'm sure if one of your closest friends just died tonight and I started running my mouth about how dumb of a fucker he was you wouldn't be too happy either... so just shut it. This guy was not a dumb fuck.. he was a true friend and was always there for us...

Xtrema
10-23-2006, 12:32 AM
So, from the reactions, he wasn't stunting or racing?

al-ti2d
10-23-2006, 12:36 AM
he was racing.. i won't deny that. however, ignorant people like jay42w8 just need to know when they should shut up and show respect instead of jumping to conclusions about how he was a "dumb fuck"

FiveFreshFish
10-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Not many details so far.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2006/10/release.20061023_001704_21213_0

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/10/22/2104230.html

jay42w8
10-23-2006, 12:51 AM
my apologies and i realize i should be more sensitive especially if u were friends with him... i did not mean to say that he was a dumb fuck as a person, i apologize for that....but his actions on that motorcyle sure were dumb...may he rest in peace, but like i said before, if one other person learns from this, then his death wont be so meaningless

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Aight mang, its all good, thanks for paying your respect.

Xtrema
10-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Not many details so far.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2006/10/release.20061023_001704_21213_0

RIP, that's harsh. He'll probably be alive if it weren't for the tree.

quikkoop
10-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Was he a Beyond member? RIP

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 01:10 AM
He wasnt, but he woulda fit in very well. He owned a 1987 Crx with a DOHC ZC, an 84 733i, a 72 Chevelle, and his damn bike... There where 3 of us, all huge into cars, best friends... Now me and 92mx-3 are going to finish his Crx and Chevelle in his memory.

Kobe
10-23-2006, 01:21 AM
He wasnt, but he woulda fit in very well. He owned a 1987 Crx with a DOHC ZC, an 84 733i, a 72 Chevelle, and his damn bike... There where 3 of us, all huge into cars, best friends... Now me and 92mx-3 are going to finish his Crx and Chevelle in his memory.

Sorry to hear man...
R.I.P
I hate reading this.. I know how it feels :(

dodger97
10-23-2006, 01:51 AM
I am very sorry for your loss - my condolences to the family.

blueripper6
10-23-2006, 03:49 AM
Fuck man..

so close to my house, and that is the 2nd person to die on a bike near the esso. A while ago, a friends dad was killed riding past where the bank used to be..

Rest in peace

djayz
10-23-2006, 04:13 AM
^
so is something on the road causing these accidents?

RIP to the guy who lost his life and condolonces to his family and friends.

I really think it would be appropriate if the minimum age for riding a bike was 21. Its already insane that a 14 year old can begin learning to drive a car and by 16 can legally drive. I think 18 for bike learners and 20 for first bike license with restrictions and 21 for full license.

a bike is a whole different machine compared to a car just my 2 cents.

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 05:16 AM
I Agree...Ricky was only 18, and i'm 17... I cant count how many times i told him to ditch the bike and get the rex goin...God damn i miss him so much.

sputnik
10-23-2006, 07:07 AM
What kind of bike did he ride?

I heard he was very inexperienced.

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 07:47 AM
He had an 06 Ninja 636... Trust me, he wasnt that inexperienced, and i'm not just saying that. He was a good rider, but bad shit happeneds when your going fast, experienced or not.

rc2002
10-23-2006, 07:47 AM
The paper said he was riding for a year already. I think that'd be enough time to get the hang of it.

topmade
10-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Bike was a "2006 ZX Kawasaki" as what city beat described it as.

It's very easy to blame it on inexperience being 18yr's old, but who knows, he could of been riding since he was a kid.

RIP none the less.

Edit: Damn I'm a slow typer, 2 posts made it in before mine

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Man, he loved that 636 so much...i remember the day he got it

Xtrema
10-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by blueripper6
Fuck man..

so close to my house, and that is the 2nd person to die on a bike near the esso. A while ago, a friends dad was killed riding past where the bank used to be..

Rest in peace

I remember that stretch used to be brutal uneven surface. Have they repave that yet? I think Calgary roads in general sucks for bikes.

in*10*se
10-23-2006, 09:34 AM
RIP.....

EK 2.0
10-23-2006, 09:44 AM
R.I.P. very sad to hear...my condolences to family and friends...

bigboom
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I remember that stretch used to be brutal uneven surface. Have they repave that yet? I think Calgary roads in general sucks for bikes.

this is one of the reasons i sold my bike...you may think you know the road but after one winter you never know what happens to the road conditions and a road you know all of a sudden becomes new and by new i mean shitty.

al-ti2d
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Man, he loved that 636 so much...i remember the day he got it

yea i remember when he first got it too.. he loved that thing. i remember when he took me for a ride on it.... it was my first time ever riding on a bike..

Nate
10-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Always sad to lose another rider.

A year on one of these machines is not that much experience. Add to that a cool day, your tires dont stick like they should.

Hopefully adds a reminder to keep it to the track.

blueToy
10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Speedy
10-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by blueToy

I find this threat to be very disturbing , even if he was your best friend . Do you realize that you can be arrested , get a police record and be imprisoned for threating to kill someone ? Even on the net . You should proceed very carefully .

As for your buddy , I don't know him from Jack , I'm just glad he didn't kill anyone else , especially if he died while breaking the law .

Lay off him man, he just lost his friend in an accident, anyone reading this should understand that it was said at a emotional time.

I am sure we can all say that we have said some wrong things at the wrong time. Hell I am sure I would still have a job or two and a couple of girlfriends if I didn't

Point is this is a forum and people say shit, dont take it so personally

Toms-SC
10-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Now, jay42w8, If you want to keep badmouthing him, i'll meet you somewhere and we can talk, but say one more bad thing about him on here, AND I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU MYSELF.

Dear E-Thug,

Please grow up and move on from High School.

-Beyond.ca

Billet
10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
proof again a new 600 is not a starter bike.

these bikes make the same HP as the old 1000's.

RIP dude. Way too young :(

Toms-SC
10-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Respects to his family for the loss.

kevie88
10-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Billet
proof again a new 600 is not a starter bike.

these bikes make the same HP as the old 1000's.

RIP dude. Way too young :(

Yep, I agree.. 600's are NOT starter bikes. This country needs graduated licensing, you really should not be on anything bigger than a 500 for the first 2 years at least. My first bike was a total POS 1984 GS550 haha

RIP, I'm sorry to hear about the loss. sounds like he was a great guy.

"There but for the grace of god go I.."

l8braker
10-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Thoughts and Prayers to his Family and Friends. Being so young makes it even worse.

:(

Neons4life
10-23-2006, 12:59 PM
I used to live around there...I high sided not to far from there and wrote off one of my bikes. Many hard lessons learned in my years of riding (5+ years) and many accidents all my own fault though. Still riding but now on the track, the street is far to dangerous.

in*10*se
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Dear E-Thug,

-Beyond.ca

if my friend died.

i think i'd have the same reaction.

have some respect for the fallen rider was the main point.

in*10*se
10-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by kevie88

Yep, I agree.. 600's are NOT starter bikes. This country needs graduated licensing, you really should not be on anything bigger than a 500 for the first 2 years at least. My first bike was a total POS 1984 GS550 haha

RIP, I'm sorry to hear about the loss. sounds like he was a great guy.

"There but for the grace of god go I.."

you know what?

this is one of the best ideas i've ever heard.

graudated bike licensing. That'd honestly save alot of young lives.

Kaos
10-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Back on topic boys,

R.I.P.

ricefarmer
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
RIP to the deceased....
as was stated already in this thread, I would consider 1 year on a motorcycle to be next to no experience and that was not a learners bike but you guys weren't there and don't know what happened, sure it might not have happened if he wasn't speeding but i've been riding the speed limit and have some asshole start revving the shit out of his engine try to race me and when i wouldn't he starts swerving into my lane - enough to scare you and wipe u out and wasn't he racing?
good point kevie- that is an excellent idea. I learned on a similar bike and can tell you know that it was a stupid idea and i know actually ride a newer bike with less power - after a few more years of riding under my belt

Shaolin
10-23-2006, 01:22 PM
I think it's a good idea as well.. I learnt on a 250, then rode a ZX6 and then a 600RR.. But I probably could've killed myself on a 250, a 500 or a 600.. if someone's going to go full throttle, any type of bike could result in death.. 100km/h is the same on 2 wheeler, but at least I think it would perhaps promote and educate more discipline in riders..

Fivewayradio
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
My sincerest condolences to friends and family.

Something needs to change or young men like this poor guy are going to keep dying. We lose a few every year and each is as tragic as the last. Too many of them are young guys who needlessly die because they don't feel the rules apply to them and that they're invincible. That's not going to change. That's the nature of young men. So if we can't change young men, then we need to change the rules to stop them from killing themselves.

kevie88
10-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
I think it's a good idea as well.. I learnt on a 250, then rode a ZX6 and then a 600RR.. But I probably could've killed myself on a 250, a 500 or a 600.. if someone's going to go full throttle, any type of bike could result in death.. 100km/h is the same on 2 wheeler, but at least I think it would perhaps promote and educate more discipline in riders..

Yep, I agree that 100kph is 100kph no matter what you're on, but being on a slower bike would put the damper on the "spur of the moment race" like in this case.. My first POS bike was slow enough that I never wanted to race anyone haha.. and when I did get in to trouble I was doing 50kph slower than I would have been on a 600 or bigger.

This has been working in quite a few countries around the world, and I think that instead of regulating/insuring our bikes out of existence, we should be focusing on rider training and experience.

Be careful out there folks..

mekeni
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM

Yep, I agree that 100kph is 100kph no matter what you're on, but being on a slower bike would put the damper on the "spur of the moment race" like in this case.. My first POS bike was slow enough that I never wanted to race anyone haha.. and when I did get in to trouble I was doing 50kph slower than I would have been on a 600 or bigger.

This has been working in quite a few countries around the world, and I think that instead of regulating/insuring our bikes out of existence, we should be focusing on rider training and experience.

Be careful out there folks..

:werd:
and no to street racing :thumbsdow

nonlinear
10-23-2006, 02:38 PM

85regal
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
^^^^agreed...if he was driving a full size pick up truck speeding and lost control everybody would be saying what an idiot he was and good thing he didn't kill anyone...does it really matter what he was in or on???

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC

Dear E-Thug,

-Beyond.ca

Your a prick man, i wont make any kind of call out to you, because i wrote that when i was in tears...i have known this kid since grade 2... its like losing a brother...hell it IS losing a brother. Your really cool though man, telling me where to get off... Oh and sorry bro, like i said i'm 17 and Ricky was 18, i still have another year of highschool to go.

slammed_cb7
10-23-2006, 03:58 PM

Your a prick man, i wont make any kind of call out to you, because i wrote that when i was in tears...i have known this kid since grade 2... its like losing a brother...hell it IS losing a brother. Your really cool though man, telling me where to get off... Oh and sorry bro, like i said i'm 17 and Ricky was 18, i still have another year of highschool to go.

I am with Datsun on this one. If you had a family member die in an accident, regardless of the circumstances, and someone mocked you for reacting the way any of us would to a comment like that, how would you feel. If you would take it graciously and let it slide with no response good for you, but i had a good friend die in a bike accident in august and if anyone made fun of him, or layed on the old "he was an idiot and got what he deserved" bit, i would have lost it. Please quit posting this shit. We all know what happened and why, what good does it do to anyone, especially those in pain from their loss to say shit like that?

ogpog
10-23-2006, 04:07 PM

D911
10-23-2006, 04:34 PM
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/10/23/2104694-sun.html

Updated.

As far as I've heard, he was racing the red mustang, up the street when he lost control. The article also seems to suggest that too.

nadroj23
10-23-2006, 04:34 PM
RIP

lets make courses mandatory, and have the same kinda licensing as cars.......GRADUATED.

It is always sad to see somebody go at such a young age. I also agree that something should be taken from these last couple of deaths....

Pihsiak
10-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
I feel sorry for friends and family of this guy, but I can't beleive you are all saying 'have some respect for the rider' blah blah blah

the guy was speeding like a maniac and didn't have control over his bike, and you're asking me to have respect for that? he could have killed not only himself but innocent people as well. what if there was some kid walking on the side of the street and got nailed? what if it was your kid?

i see guys on crotch rockets acting like idiots ALL THE TIME. it's one thing to race on a private track, but there is no excuse for acting like an idiot on public roads. :thumbsdow you're taking everyone's life in your hands in that case.

Like I said, I feel bad for friends and family of this guy, but I don't have respect for him. he is dangerous and i'm glad he's not driving on the roads like that anymore.

I agree with this guy.
I feel bad for the family and friends, nobody likes to lose anyone who they are close to.
But the driver/rider is the one who makes the decision.

They are the ones who have to decide whether or not the consequences are worth the action. What kind of a price is anyone willing to make if they get into an crash? Broken arm? Broken leg? Broken back?
It's just too bad the price was too high in this incident. (I was going to call this an "accident" but decided against it.)

If possible, I feel incidents like these should not go away. People should be reminded on what would happen if bad decisions were made.

It may be in bad taste, but at least this did not end up like a previous car crash where the driver survived but his grandmother in the passenger seat did not. The driver was dispised by everyone in his family because they all blamed him. I feel that is even worst than this.

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 06:53 PM
He was a great guy, thats all that matters, you guys who are disrespecting him just havent had the honor of meeting him, and for that i pity you.
I'm not going to post anything else, so i just want to say, to you haters...Lick my balls.

Fusion
10-23-2006, 07:01 PM
R.I.P

Xtrema
10-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by D911
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/10/23/2104694-sun.html

Updated.

As far as I've heard, he was racing the red mustang, up the street when he lost control. The article also seems to suggest that too.

The cop said there's no indication of racing. So sounds like they are pinning it all on the inexperience.

They probably want to let the Mustang driver off the hook as he's probably in enough distress already thinking he may caused the death.

finboy
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
He was a great guy, thats all that matters, you guys who are disrespecting him just havent had the honor of meeting him, and for that i pity you.
I'm not going to post anything else, so i just want to say, to you haters...Lick my balls.

the general implication people are making is not that he was a bad guy, its that he was acting stupid and it caught up with him. apperantly my dad worked with his mother for 25 years and apperantly he was a good guy, but guess what? he was still riding around irresponsibly and paid the ultimate price for it. hopefully his passing will be a lesson to those that know him, and they will learn that driving/riding in an irresponsible fashion can kill you, others, and emotionally injure those that care about you.

my condolences to his family and friends, but venting your anger on random people on the internet doesn't exactly make you look like a mature person in the least.

ricefarmer
10-23-2006, 08:26 PM

for the most part people are trying to show some respect to your late friend but like Ogpog said maybe try other places than an internet forum to grieve and its hard to take you seriously if this is how you defend your brother...... RIP

Datsun-Fever
10-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I'll defend him and how great he was untill i die, if that involves telling beyond smart asses to go fuck themselves for lack of respect, than so be it.

Fusion
10-23-2006, 09:00 PM
This is fuking rude Forum..:thumbsdow

Speedy
10-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Drove by the site tonight and a bunch of people were paying respects. Such a sad story...RIP

M_K_3
10-23-2006, 10:00 PM
i came by tonight, mike im really sorry man i met ricky once but that one time was amazing man he was such a great guy so nice and he had such a pure good heart, please everyone on this site dont show disrespect cuz if anyone will think about it, this is really killing mike. but bro im here for u anytime anything u need ill be here for u....

R.I.P Ricky......

lint
10-23-2006, 10:02 PM

You do realize that being "a great guy" doesn't preclude him from being stupid, right? "He was a great guy, that's all that matters"? What if he hit a pedestrian while racing? What if he didn't kill himself, but killed someone else? Would you be saying "sure he killed someone, but damn he was a great guy!"

Great guy, stupid act. Too bad.

ecstasy_civic
10-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by M_K_3
i came by tonight, mike im really sorry man i met ricky once but that one time was amazing man he was such a great guy so nice and he had such a pure good heart, please everyone on this site dont show disrespect cuz if anyone will think about it, this is really killing mike. but bro im here for u anytime anything u need ill be here for u....

R.I.P Ricky......

I was there tonight too.
I hung out with Ricky more than a few times and ya, he was a great kid to be around always smiling and always happy.

I feel terrible for his friends/family. My gf's little brother is one of his best friends.

As far as the racing part, he was inexperianced, I believe he got his bike in July?
I have way to many opinions on this topic than i'd care to post.

All I can say is R.I.P Ricky you were a good kid:(

turbotrip
10-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Fusion
This is fuking rude Forum..:thumbsdow

everyones a tough guy behind their computer, especially on this website for some reason.

AzN'SKillZ
10-23-2006, 10:32 PM
^ werd

everyone should keep there stupid comments to them selfs and give respect to the friends and family!

mroseneder
10-23-2006, 10:45 PM
With respect to riding: My first bike was a '97 Ninja ZX9R - 133 horsepower. My second bike was a 2002 ZX10 - 160 horsepower.

Now I ride a Harley... and I just bought a ZX14.

Point being: it's the link between your brain and your hand.

I feel terrible for his family and friends. I've lost two very close friends to motorcycle accidents. Take it as a lesson to ride responsibility and carefully...

And again, my best goes to his friends and family..

ogpog
10-23-2006, 11:06 PM

78si
10-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Man... I just met Ricky a week ago.. He was a good kid.

Take care Mike.

A2VR6
10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Nope, as far as I remember, that road has never been repaved. Actually most of the roads over in that area havent been repaved.

FlamingC19
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Rip Ricky!!!

I remember him from Junior High and High School. Good good guy and its a really sad story. Does anyone know who was in the Red Mustang???

Datsun-Fever
10-24-2006, 01:48 AM
A buddy of ours was in the Mustang...hes not to be blamed at all, Rick loved dogging that bike out on every straight away.
If you look down from the crash site towards the oncoming traffic, you can see a really bad bump on the road...he went into a speed wobble as he hit that bump, and the rest is just too painful to describle... I hope his passing makes alot of bikers think twice about doing crazy shit, i really do!

Speedy
10-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6

Nope, as far as I remember, that road has never been repaved. Actually most of the roads over in that area havent been repaved.

Yeah I drive that road home most days and its brutal especially that section.

kevie88
10-24-2006, 10:35 AM
The blatant disrespect of the dead stops now, and the next guy to post that he was an idiot is banned. I spoke to some of my Police freinds today, and this crash was a case of accelerating hard while leaned slightly over an uneven surface on a bike with no steering damper.

People who ride sportbikes know that if you accelerate hard over ripples while leaned (even a little) over your bike will wobble. If you have little experience with a speed wobble (tank slapper) your first instinct is to grab the bars harder, which will make the wobble worse. At that point only luck of the draw will save you. I once had a tank slapper go from the Carousel chute onto the front straight at Race City, and it slapped all the way to the start/finish line -a good 1/4 of a kilometer -before it straigtened out on it's own. I was not in control, the bike was viciously jumping from side to side. I was very lucky to escape that one, later in the year a freind of mine had a wobble in the same place, hit the divider wall in the middle of the track and broke his neck (non-paralyzed thank god)

This is a good reminder for sportbike people to get steering dampers, I buy one for every bike I own.

Now rest in peace my freind, and we'll see you at the big race track in the sky :)

Donmega
10-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Now rest in peace my freind, and we'll see you at the big race track in the sky :)

Well said,

RIP

Billet
10-24-2006, 12:00 PM
[B]The blatant disrespect of the dead stops now, and the next guy to post that he was an idiot is banned. I spoke to some of my Police freinds today, and this crash was a case of accelerating hard while leaned slightly over an uneven surface on a bike with no steering damper.

the reason no bike should be without one.

If you own a bike. Buy one.

it can save your life.

why it took manufact. so long to offer them stock on bikes? i have no idea.

M_K_3
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
mike maybe if it would be cool with the guys id love to come by and help build up his cars...

85 Notchback
10-26-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm good friends with the guy in the Mustang, he was at my girlfriends birthday party the night before...

My condolences go out to Rickys family, and for any of you that knew him, I'm sure his family is going through a rough time and could use a hand up.

The guy that was driving the Mustang is a great guy aswell, it's sad to see these sorts of things happen, especially when a race track is so readily availible for all to use.

Again RIP Ricky, and I'm sure those that know the other driver, should give hime their support aswell, he's devestated and could really use it.