PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Promotions???

QuasarCav
10-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Hello,

I had a lady from Shaw Promotions contact me with an offer for full cable @ 23 per month. I do not currently have cable so I would like to take advantage of this offer.

I have tried calling the number for a week now and no one seems to get back to me, I've left several messages and they never get replied.

Anyone work there that could give me a hand?

I just want to buy buy buy!!!!

nismodrifter
10-23-2006, 01:42 PM
get in touch with the people who work at the Shaw Booth @ Chinook...99% of the people who work there are Beyonders. I think L02enz0 is one of them.

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 03:44 PM
umm full basic cable for $23 a month??

the normal price for full basic cable is 48.95 and basic cable is 25.95

i will have to admit i haven't heard of any deal like that and as far as i know we only have the lite speed internet deal, high speed internet deal, and digital phone promotions right now. I work at 5 and i will contact shaw and see if this was true.

btw, i am the only beyond worker now...so lonely

QuasarCav
10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
umm full basic cable for $23 a month??

the normal price for full basic cable is 48.95 and basic cable is 25.95

i will have to admit i haven't heard of any deal like that and as far as i know we only have the lite speed internet deal, high speed internet deal, and digital phone promotions right now. I work at 5 and i will contact shaw and see if this was true.

btw, i am the only beyond worker now...so lonely

I remember you talking about a student offer that other day. If you could provide a student ID the cost for a months full cable was the same as what I said.

I'm not on crack, the message is still on the machine. 1-866-858-7429.

Cruz
10-23-2006, 03:50 PM
I was over at the Shaw booth approx 3 weeks ago. Lorenzo knows his shit.

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 03:58 PM
The student offer actually ended at the end of last month. if you signed up before september 30th it would have still applied to you. Did you sign up by any chance and they were just leaving you a message seeing if you were still interested? but like i said, i will check when i get to work.

Originally posted by QuasarCav

I remember you talking about a student offer that other day. If you could provide a student ID the cost for a months full cable was the same as what I said.

I'm not on crack, the message is still on the machine. 1-866-858-7429.

aww thanks

Originally posted by Cruz
I was over at the Shaw booth approx 3 weeks ago. Lorenzo knows his shit.

Xtrema
10-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Any cheap HD PVR deals for current customers? Or is it still $800?

Thaco
10-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

BB has $50 off right now, but as an existing custoemr you don't get the $100 programming credits also offered

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10078936&catid=20229

lint
10-23-2006, 04:13 PM
do shaw technicians handle both internet and tv or are they specialized?

I called and shaw internet includes free installation/technician visit, but TV they charge you $40 for the service call. Just wondering if the internet guy can handle the tv install on the same service call?

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Originally posted by Thaco

BB has $50 off right now, but as an existing custoemr you don't get the $100 programming credits also offered

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10078936&catid=20229

yes best buy does have the best deal right now. we sell the dct 6416 for $748 before tax and it ends up coming up to $792.88 after tax's. Shaw just upgraded from the dct 6412 pvr and now you can record ALOT more.

Originally posted by lint
do shaw technicians handle both internet and tv or are they specialized?

I called and shaw internet includes free installation/technician visit, but TV they charge you $40 for the service call. Just wondering if the internet guy can handle the tv install on the same service call?

yes all tech's do internet and cable installs

btw everyone, can you give me feedback on the pvr. i haven't heard much and i only have experience with the dct 6200 non pvr

spike98
10-23-2006, 05:21 PM

yes best buy does have the best deal right now. we sell the dct 6416 for $748 before tax and it ends up coming up to $792.88 after tax's. Shaw just upgraded from the dct 6412 pvr and now you can record ALOT more.

btw everyone, can you give me feedback on the pvr. i haven't heard much and i only have experience with the dct 6200 non pvr

I am having A LOT of problems with my 6416 currently and shaw doesn't seem to want to help. All they keep saying is we will try and flash it from here. Thats it.

Oz-
10-23-2006, 05:24 PM

Future Shop has the 6416 HD PVR for $650 and you still get the programming credits.

Feedback on the PVR itself? I personally don't like it, mainly because I was spoiled by the amazing interface that Tivo had.

Things that need work for the Shaw HD PVR
- Shaw home grown Season Pass

- Fast forwarding blows. It feels like im fast forwarding with my VCR again. I always blow past the commercials and get 30 seconds into the show again, have to rewind...then rewind too much...fast forward again...rinse repeat.

With Tivo, when you hit FFWD, you might be 5-10 seconds into the show it auto rewound for you.

- No 30/60/90 second fast forward button. On Tivo it wasn't on by default, but could be programmed in. I had mine set to 30 seconds and loved it.

- Forget the name of the feature for Tivo. But if you had 2 or more, you can browse the programs you have on the other Tivo and watch from the one you want. Shaw HD PVR doesn't have this.

- The remote I don't like, just grew too accustomed to the Tivo remote.

Just my feedback on that, sorry for the :hijack:

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 05:29 PM
bring it to an actual building. in person they are a bit more willing to deal with problems than over the phone. Did you purchase it through shaw or best buy/futureshop?

if it was from them thats probably why they don't care, because they didn't sell you the product. Its like buying a phone off ebay and going to rogers and saying why is my phone screwed up.

spike98
10-23-2006, 05:33 PM
bring it to an actual building. in person they are a bit more willing to deal with problems than over the phone. Did you purchase it through shaw or best buy/futureshop?

if it was from them thats probably why they don't care, because they didn't sell you the product. Its like buying a phone off ebay and going to rogers and saying why is my phone screwed up.

I got it from shaw directly and had a tech come and install it for me. I am just having problems with the recordings. They always bog down and evenutally not allow me to watch them.

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 05:36 PM
bring it back and ask for a new dct

like i said. go to the actual building cause you should get 100% better service there

spike98
10-23-2006, 05:40 PM
bring it back and ask for a new dct

like i said. go to the actual building cause you should get 100% better service there

Will do! :thumbsup:

lint
10-23-2006, 05:44 PM

interesting. When I phone shaw, they said that one tech would come out to install my internet for free, but for tv, they would need to send someone else out and charge me $40 for the service call.

Do you get comission on sales?

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 06:17 PM
yes i do get comission on sales. But like i said, who ever you talked to is a complete idiot. I for one can vouch that every tech has been trained to install every product we sell.

as for the original question, no there is no offer like this of any sort. I am guessing who ever called you may have messed up.

QuasarCav
10-23-2006, 07:09 PM
yes i do get comission on sales. But like i said, who ever you talked to is a complete idiot. I for one can vouch that every tech has been trained to install every product we sell.

as for the original question, no there is no offer like this of any sort. I am guessing who ever called you may have messed up.

I'm letting the cat out of the bag on this one. A lady called in the summer and asked if we were currently shaw customers. We said no and got an offer to receive full cable for 6 months for 23 dollars. The only catch is you have to pay up front and you pay a $10 connection fee. I told her to call me back in the fall and she did.

I posted the number and it leads to shaw promotions, is someone stealing your business?

szw
10-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Do you have any tips on bribing techies to get free services?

Thaco
10-23-2006, 07:23 PM

I'm letting the cat out of the bag on this one. A lady called in the summer and asked if we were currently shaw customers. We said no and got an offer to receive full cable for 6 months for 23 dollars. The only catch is you have to pay up front and you pay a $10 connection fee. I told her to call me back in the fall and she did.

I posted the number and it leads to shaw promotions, is someone stealing your business? sounds to me like either you're being had, or its actually like that CIA site or some other 3rd party company that offers shaw services.

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
sounds like she may have offered the student offer which was discontinued at the end of sept. maybe she was trying to get back to you about that but like i said they may have a note on your account about it.

and no, i have no tips about free service. i don't even get discounts. freaking sucks

QuasarCav
10-23-2006, 07:46 PM
sounds like she may have offered the student offer which was discontinued at the end of sept. maybe she was trying to get back to you about that but like i said they may have a note on your account about it.

and no, i have no tips about free service. i don't even get discounts. freaking sucks

That makes sense.

So if i happen to drop some cash on the floor in front of the booth there is no way to get some cheap cable?

Lo)2enz0
10-23-2006, 07:50 PM
nope sorry, if i could i would be paying cheaper but i pay $82 a month for my highspeed and FBC

Xtrema
10-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I just wish CableCARD 2.0 pick up steam soon. We need more choices on receiving terminals then whatever the crap cable provider feed us.

szw
10-23-2006, 07:57 PM

That makes sense.

So if i happen to drop some cash on the floor in front of the booth there is no way to get some cheap cable?

if you can find the guys that make the services calls, I'm pretty sure you could grease some palms on that end.

QuasarCav
10-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Someone will be coming out on Saturday to install the cable.

$20 a month for 6 months full Tier 3, I had to register for pre-authorized CC payments but I got the deal.

Lo)2enz0
10-26-2006, 04:58 PM
lucky basterd lol

so you got fbc (basic cable + all 3 tiers)?

i know the student offer was for 8 months, thats what i am guessing since 2 of the school months are gone