PDA

View Full Version : Normal to have 1,000+ hrs on cell phone?

Godfuader
10-23-2006, 01:05 PM
So, I just noticed a few days back that the life timer on my cell rolled back to zero. That means I have passed 1,000 hours in 18 months (roughly 2 hrs a day:eek: ). Is there a life-span on cell phones? Should I change over my battery? Get checked for brain cancer?

Palmiros
10-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much do you pay a month?

Weapon_R
10-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Don't even worry about it. There is no set "mileage" on a phone. Anyone who cares much about the lifetimer is a moron IMO. It is rarely an indication of the condition of the phone.

Godfuader
10-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros
Just out of curiosity, how much do you pay a month?
About 60% of my bill is long distance. Otherwise I just have the $30 unlimited incoming with FIDO. With long distance its roughly $90/mth otherwise ~$50/mth

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Don't even worry about it. There is no set "mileage" on a phone. Anyone who cares much about the lifetimer is a moron IMO. It is rarely an indication of the condition of the phone.

Yeah, never really paid much attention to it till it broke a thousand. Everything is exactly the way it came and other than surface blemishes its still going. I figured my battery should have gone by now. Its starting to lag a bit, figured that was due to pictures and ringtones.

GQBalla
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
lol dont worry i always roll back the timer on all 3 cell phones that i have owned ahahahah

CasperWho
10-23-2006, 02:36 PM
your eaither on the grind

...or on your rag!

thats alot of talkin girls! :thumbsup:

DepTrotter
10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
woman!

Godfuader
10-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by CasperWho
your eaither on the grind

...or on your rag!

thats alot of talkin girls! :thumbsup:

lol...alot of it was from college days. Quite a few times I would wake up with the phone still connected and no idea which one was on the line, then get yelled at in the mornin by some chick complaining I fell asleep. :rofl:
This one month my bill indicated 7,025 minutes used. :nut:

djayz
10-23-2006, 09:23 PM
i think one of my phones has been rolled over a few times.
i remember seeing it at 8000 or osmething and then i checked it again later and it was lower so it mustve rolled over.

Akagi Redsuns
10-23-2006, 10:01 PM
I wish I had your guys problem.

My lifetimer is listed as 1171:39:04 on my Moto. POS decided to add an extra thousand hours. Nice.

lint
10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
In todays Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061023.wsperm1023/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/home)

Cell phones may hurt sperm

Globe and Mail Update

Men who spend hours on their cell phones have lower sperm counts than usual, according to new research that suggests radiation or heat from the phones could be to blame.

Both quality and quantity appear to be affected by heavy cell phone use.

In an observational study carried out in Cleveland, Mumbai and New Orleans, 364 men who were undergoing evaluation for infertility were divided into three groups according to their sperm count.

Among the men with a normal sperm count, those who did not use a cell phone at all averaged 86 million per millilitre, with 68 per cent motility (swimming ability) and 40 per cent being in normal form.

However, men who used a cell phone for more than four hours a day averaged 66 million sperm per millilitre, with 48 per cent motility and 21 per cent taking normal form.

The findings, from a team led by Ashok Agarwal of the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, could indicate that the electromagnetic fields generated by mobile phone handsets are interfering with sperm production.

In the paper ‘Relationship between cell phone use and human fertility: an observational study' presented to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine conference in New Orleans on Monday, Dr. Agarwal says the use of cell phones is strongly associated with a decrease in sperm quality, but said large scale studies are needed to identify exactly what is causing that drop.

Dr. Agarwal said that if the effect is genuinely caused by mobiles, several explanations are possible. Animal work has shown that electromagnetic fields can damage Leydig cells in the testes. Mobile phones are also known to cause a heating effect on tissue that could be damaging to sperm.

Both phenomena occur over short distances, so holding a phone at a distance from the crotch while speaking should not be dangerous.

andres_mt
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Whoa man lay down on the minutes...Don't wanna get cancer
and you don't wanna end up like this girl.

I_yGodYHP2A

haha just kidden man

blueToy
10-23-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by lint
In todays Globe and Mail (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061023.wsperm1023/BNStory/specialScienceandHealth/home)

Bahahaha , that is priceless .

One can also conclude from this Globe and Mail study that yacking on a phone all day like a girl can ACTUALLY start turning you into one , lol , lol , lol .....

Or , maybe the chances of men reproducing have dropped because the guys yacking on the phone all day to their " homies " leaves little if any chances of actually meeting any real women to reproduce with .:thumbsup:

GQBalla
10-23-2006, 11:21 PM
lol easy way around the radiation thing ^^ use a headset?

ogpog
10-23-2006, 11:26 PM
There has never EVER been a case of brain cancer that has been linked to cell phone usage, nor any study that has proved that there is a relation between the two.

Edit: In the chance that someone will tell me im full of shit, either watch episode 202 of Penn & Teller, or click this link : http://health.discovery.com/centers/cancer/top10myths/myth8.html

The discovery health link is something i just searched. There is many many pages dedicated to this topic on the internet.

95EagleAWD
10-23-2006, 11:57 PM
I've had my phone for 3 years and have spent 52 hours, 29 minutes and 59 seconds on it.

1000+ hours? :eek:

That's insane.

Godfuader
10-24-2006, 12:40 AM
LOL....some interesting stuff surfacing here. My cell is always in my suit jacket or on the center console, so that should be adequate distance from the crotch. Should just get a bluetooth headset and leave the phone in a drawer. My phone usuage should drop significantly as now I have a full time Fiance whose two time zones away.

Some "hopefully" dismissed cause and effect articles.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5316074/
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/cell_motility.html

seems like its a bigger concern for people carrying their phones within a foot of the crotch are the ones who need to be concerned.

hussein
10-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Shieeet, I carry mine in my pocket for many years. In the last year I have about ~290 hours talk time. You guys with 1000+ hours are crzzzy.

I will have to check to see how much my sperms are swimming next time. :rofl:

JAYMEZ
10-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Lol I use my cell as a house phone .. I had alot more than 1000hrs :rofl: ... So I guess its normal!!

AllGoNoShow
10-24-2006, 02:28 AM
Had way over 1000 hours, now on 4th year (3 year contract, 1 year no contract, just signed new), and 4th phone, mostly cause motorola sucks, we'll see how the blackberry does.