PDA

View Full Version : Good HID bulbs

neocyber_16
10-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Hello. I'm looking for a good HID bulbs for my 2003 Toyota Corolla. I do a lot of night driving and I would like to find something bright/blue or anything that is a very good in terms of quality. My price range is preferably 50-70 bucks for a pair of good quality lights. I don't know much about HID lights or good HID manufactures so if anybody can point me to the right direction that would be very helpful. And I live in Vancouver Canada so if anybody knows a local store where I can purchase these lights that would be great or if possible an online canadian store. Thank you in advance.

talonboi
10-23-2006, 06:02 PM
you'll need more then the bulbs for hids

a hid kit will run about $250-$450

Fusion
10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Go for M Tech

Xtrema
10-23-2006, 06:42 PM
If night driving is what you're after, don't get blue. White is better but your standard yellow is best.

If you're getting real HID systems, than color doesn't matter as lumens on those are way higher than just color-coated bulb replacement .

Kaos
10-23-2006, 07:37 PM
PIAA :thumbsup:
Probably the next best thing to HID's

msommers
10-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Agreed. Super whites worked very well for me.

GTS Jeff
10-24-2006, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by msommers

Agreed. Super whites worked very well for me.

When it comes to bulbs, PIAA is synonymous with garbage, though they do make decent housings.

Kaos
10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

When it comes to bulbs, PIAA is synonymous with garbage, though they do make decent housings.

They still got a one year warranty against defect's. :thumbsup:
Care to explain why they're garbage?

GTS Jeff
10-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Care to explain why they're garbage? No. I've explained it like 4 million times already on this damn forum and I am sick of getting carpal tunnel trying to educate ricers. If you want to waste hundreds of dollars on bulbs that put out whiter yet dimmer light, then no one is going to stop you.

OH MEIN GOTT, ONE YEAR VARRANTEE!!

Zephyr
10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Get yourself a McCulloch hid kit..it uses philips balasts and bulbs, great stuff.

Real HID Kit > HID Lookalike