PDA

View Full Version : Calgary shop to install Compustar in '06 WRX?

StupidWade
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Has anyone with an '06 or '07 WRX or STi (models with the transponder in the ignition key) had a Compustar Starter/Alarm combo installed somewhere in Calgary?

I went to one place, but they seemed a little unsure about how to connect the transponder bypass module, so I'd like to find a place that has actually completed a successful install on one of the newer cars.

BlkMaxima
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Autodream!:thumbsup:

rc2002
10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Bypassing a transponder isn't rocket science. CMS or Speedtech would get my vote.

StupidWade
10-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I had a couple vehicles done by Autodream in the past and was very happy with the service. Have you actually had a Suby with transponder done there BlkMaxima?

RichardChan, one of the two you listed was the one who seemed to not know how to wire the bypass, lol.

SpoonEK9@STRD
10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
try speedtech there doing them for 599 with transponder box... "555U"

max_boost
10-24-2006, 01:40 PM
I asked Will at Speedtech and he said he couldn't do it for the 06 WRX.

Does Nguyen (white 240 w/S14 or S15 conversion) still own Auto Dream? I haven't been there in years. I did a mini-compustar group buy through him a few years back and everything worked great.

euro_racer
10-24-2006, 01:52 PM
why not try futuresop? i would recomend the one in shawnessy, great work :thumbsup:

CRXguy
10-24-2006, 03:44 PM
K&N Auto on 17th Ave SE.

Had my WRX done there 3 years ago, and just recently got one for my CRX last week. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They also did my dad's '06 Dakota truck which has a chip in the key.

max_boost
10-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Prices for K&N?

The going rate is around $600+tax.

StupidWade
10-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I have AutoDream booked for an install next Saturday. Their price is $650.95 +GST. I'll post back with details once it's done.

CRXguy
10-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I had mine done for $580 out the door at K&N Auto. I figure about another $50 to bypass the transponder in the newer Subaru's.

I *think* Speedtech charges $599+GST and they don't charge extra to bypass anything.

Originally posted by Will@STRD
After that the regular price will be $599 + GST. There is no extra cost for manual, or optional features such as keyless entry, trunk release, trunk sensing, factory security bypass, pass lock & key pass; as long as the car have power lock & trunk. Our installer has lots of experience in the alram & starter installation business, he has been doing in for a few local dealerships. The only thing I ask in return is to post a feedback on the installation experience since customer service is always our priority. If you have any question please feel free to call us @ 250-7751 and talk to any of our sales rep or PM me. Once again I would thank you for everyone support

Will @ Speedtech ;)

max_boost
10-27-2006, 11:12 AM
^^^

Speedtech can't do 06 WRX!

StupidWade
11-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Well, AutoDream installed my Compustar yesterday. It took them almost 9 hours, but they got it done and everything works fine.

I got the Alarm/Starter, keyless entry, trunk release (which was a lot of work and money, but WELL worth it) and the two front windows roll-up/roll-down which will be handy to vent the car in the summer. The total bill came to $900+GST, which isn't cheap but they did a good job and they did it on a Saturday which was important to me.

All in all, I'd give AutoDream a 9/10 on the project, only deducting a point because they really weren't able to give me a proper time to pick up the car and I had to wait about an hour (had enough time to go have a beer at the local pub) even after they previously extended the pick-up time by two hours. They all also seemed like alright guys, nobody was too arrogant or anything. They didn't treat me like dirt just because I don't drive a Skyline or Silvia ;)

I'd definitely recommend them, and now that they've done my install, they should be more familiar with how long the jobs will take on '06 and '07 Subarus.

StupidWade
11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
I should also mention that I initially tried to get SpeedTech to do the job. Despite the fact that they weren't willing to proceed with the install, they treated me VERY well. They bent over backward to help me with the drop-off and pick-up of my car and were very apologetic about not checking into whether they could do the job beforehand. Very professional and very good customer service.

clem24
11-06-2006, 04:04 PM
WOW $900 to install. Yikes. It was $200 to install a 2 way starter (CT Prostart) into my 00 GC. Very clean job, works like a charm. Place is called.. Um.. Dunno but it's about 1 block S and 1 block E of the new T&T Honda in a strip mall. But then again, a GC is much simpler (no bypass, no alarm, no window, no trunk release, etc...).

The window feature is awesome tho. Had that on a rental Mazda6 and it works wonders in the summer. I just wish there was a way to roll them back up via the remote... :rofl: