PDA

View Full Version : 1 comp, 2 sets of kb/mouse

dragonone
10-24-2006, 02:33 PM
While a KVM switch allows one set of kb/mouse to control two or more comps, is there anything that would allow two sets of controls to be plugged into one computer?

I'm perfectly happy with the kb/mouse (corded) that I have at the moment, but need something for the TV. Having one set means I have to move things around all the time anyways.

frostyda9
10-24-2006, 02:44 PM
You can use multiple input devices simultaneously, all will remain active. I use a wireless setup, but I have a wired kb and mouse plugged in as well, in case the batteries start to die in the middle of a game. No special switching is required.

Zero102
10-24-2006, 02:55 PM
As long as at least one set is USB you are fine. Most are, especially the wireless ones.
I have 2 mice plugged into my gaming computer. One has really high sensitivity, the other really low. Helps in a lot of games.
On another of my computers (my programming box) I have both a dvorak and a qwerty keyboard plugged in.

dragonone
10-24-2006, 11:40 PM
cool, learned something new

crazedmodder
10-25-2006, 12:40 PM
You can even use KVMs to hook up two inputs to one computer (two monitors, keyboards and mice). I don't think it work with the newer ones though (the small digital ones). It works with this big beige one I have with the big knob on the front.

jav_
10-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
As long as at least one set is USB you are fine. Most are, especially the wireless ones.
I have 2 mice plugged into my gaming computer. One has really high sensitivity, the other really low. Helps in a lot of games.
On another of my computers (my programming box) I have both a dvorak and a qwerty keyboard plugged in.

where can you buy a drovak keyboard?

Zero102
10-26-2006, 01:58 PM
You can't. Just buy an older keyboard where the keys are interchangeable and switch them around. There are 1000's of compaq keyboards floating around where all the keys are the same ;)

jav_
10-26-2006, 02:51 PM
i see...do u just dl a program so ur keys are set to dvorak?