PDA

View Full Version : Telus Question...

l8braker
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
OK... So not too long ago Telus had two of their reps and a tech guy selling Telus products to anyone and everyone walking through our building entrance (17th Ave.). We don't have any cable in our place (yet) so the Telus TV was pretty interesting, it had all the Digital TV options, stock ticker thing, etc. So we (Canmorite and myself) ask about the Telus TV and say we want it. The rep then comes up to our Apt. and tells us we need "Telus High Speed Internet" to do the TV... Wait a second, we have high speed internet from Telus (don't ask :thumbsdow ) so he runs back down to his "office" and then comes back up and informs us we now need to have a land line (and REALLY sold the land line idea) Is this BS, or did we need to have "all of that" to get the TV... Just seemed like typical crap from Telus, and if their TV is anything like the Internet, we can expect it to be DOWN most of the time and have assholes on the other line for tech support. BTW, we're going with Shaw, just wondering if the guy was full of crap.

Any thoughts?

szw
10-24-2006, 07:21 PM
http://www.mytelus.com/tv/order/index.vm

read the bottom

Hash_man
10-24-2006, 07:22 PM
As far as I know you have to have high speed internet from them to get telus TV, but I dont see why you would need a landline. EDIT: ^^^ wierd... didn't know that.

And about it being down all the time, they used to have problems with it, but its actually pretty good now... I'm still sticking with shaw but my dad has had telus tv for years, and its not too bad at all.

Mar
10-24-2006, 07:23 PM
I've had Telus TV, it's never down.

Basically you don't need a landline phone to get the internet now, they changed it last year. However, you do need a landline phone and the high speed internet to get Telus TV. He wasn't lying.

Mar
10-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
As far as I know you have to have high speed internet from them to get telus TV, but I dont see why you would need a landline. EDIT: ^^^ wierd... didn't know that.

And about it being down all the time, they used to have problems with it, but its actually pretty good now... I'm still sticking with shaw but my dad has had telus tv for years, and its not too bad at all.

It was only released less than a year ago.....like 6 months.

l8braker
10-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I've had Telus TV, it's never down.

Basically you don't need a landline phone to get the internet now, they changed it last year. However, you do need a landline phone and the high speed internet to get Telus TV. He wasn't lying.

Gracias!

Thanks to everyone