PDA

View Full Version : Almost got arrested for manslaughter!!!

Kronyk
05-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Here's a story of something that happened yesterday. Me and my buddy Matt were driving down Mcknight yesterday around 4:30ish heading westbound, driving in a legal and proper manner for once, next thing I know I' getting pulled over by an undercover Suburban. So I pull over to the right and the fun begins, and of course the cop turns out to be, 6'5", shaved head and weighs in at nearly 280lbs. Guy looked like a damn linebacker. Anyway heres pretty much how it went from there:

"Hey there, not wearing your seatbelt today."

"Actually officer I just took it off, so I can grab my licensce for you out of my wallet"

"Thats fine then, I pulled you over because your right brake light doesn't work," as he says this he grabs my liscence and registration and moves over to the front of my car looks down and comes back, "what happened to the front end of your car?"

"I bottomed out on a pothole pretty good and cracked it officer."

"Could you please pop your hood and step out of the vehicle."

Now I'm a bit confused but of course I do it anyway, I figure hes looking for nitrous and other goodies. I go around to the front open the hood for him. He starts inspecting my engine bay inside and out. Then he looks over at me and asks, "do your lights go up?"

"Yup, they do, I just have them in sleepy eyed right now but they are fully functional." Of course he then decideds to make me prove it to him. He lets me drop the hood, turns to me and asks how I got the crack at the top of my bumper.

"A lady backed into me last year officer."

"Why wasn't it reported, there is at least over $1000 damage to the car, and didn't you tell me a minute ago that a rock hit it."

"No officer I said I hit a pothole and bottomed out," and I point to the damage at the bottom of my body kit, "and up here a lady backed her Buick Rendezvous into me. I reported it at district 7 when it happened."

"When did you buy the car?"

"March 8/02"

"When did you report the accident?"

"August 23/02"

Next thing I know hes sitting there rubbing my hood, getting his face within like two inches from it, walks over the the driver side and looks at my mirror and asks, "what happened here?"

"Couldn't tell yeah officer, I bought the car like that."

He then asks me again when I bought the car and I reassure him it was last march.

"I don't know, that crack looks pretty fresh to me."

"Its just regular wear and tear on a car officer, it happens, this thing is ten years old its not going to be in perfect shape."

He proceeds to give me a one hell of a glare. Don't forget this guy was just huge. For second I thought I was gonna get raped in broad daylight. He then asks me again when I bought the car and when the accident was reported. I even showed him a the outline of damage sticker that was in the bottom righthand side of my windsheild. Then he starts asking me when I got my spoiler, makes me pop the trunk, and mentions something about the break light.

"Why is the interior gutted?" He asks.

"I'm just getting it ready to paint it actually."

"Okay, you can drop the trunk"

So, I do, and then he proceeds to talk to my buddy whos sitting in shotgun. Asks him a few questions and grabs his ID. Comes around over to me, which at this point I'm on my third cigarette walking around my car aimlessly trying to figure what the hell is goin on. Of course there is people staring at me while they drive down Mcknight.

Now let me quickly tell you something about my car. The damage to it is all on the driver side. I have a crack in my mirror, a crack in my windshield, a crack in the top right of my body kit, and then the bottom of my kit is all scraped up, and cracked a little. All this will be fixed when the car goes in for a paint job in like a month or two.

"You can get back in your vehicle sir, I'll be a few minutes."

So I get back into my car and me and my buddy are like WTF just happened. I look in my rearview and I see him talking on a cell phone the whole time. So I was pretty sure I wasn't getting written up. He gets out of the burban and walks on over.

"Here's your license and registration," hands are papers back to us. Looks at me and goes,"do me a favor and fix your break light for me. Also the real reason I pulled you over is that your car matched the description perfectly of the fatal hit and run, but all your accidents have checked out have a great day, sorry for the inconvience."

That kind of blew my mind, I told him thanks and that he was only doing his job, told him to keep up the good work and we were off.

I did learn one thing though, always report your car accidents because if my accident wasnt reported, or I just even hit a small pole or a concrete stopper then my white ass would have been in jail twenty minutes later getting charged with manslaughter, leaving a crime scene, hit and run and probably some other shit. Also what are the chances of another car being close to identical to mine. A red second gen Probe GT, with a touring spoiler, tinted windows, full body kit, decals on the windows, rolling around the city on 18's. I'm pretty sure my car is pretty unique in Calgary. When the cop saw my car and saw the damage he must have thought he had the person responisible for sure. Anyway sorry about the long read thought you guys might enjoy my little story.

4wheeldrift
05-03-2003, 03:36 PM
At least they guy wasn't a total jerk about it, wish more stops went that well for people.

SI-vic
05-03-2003, 03:48 PM
and at least the cop told you the truth about why he pulled you over at the end of the conversation, plus he admitted his mistake and said sorry.
Good Cop.

Kronyk
05-03-2003, 03:54 PM
If you think about it he checked out the car, called it in checked my story, and let me go. Did his job very well if you ask me, to bad all the cops aren't like him.

James
05-03-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by SI-vic
and at least the cop told you the truth about why he pulled you over at the end of the conversation, plus he admitted his mistake and said sorry.
Good Cop.

:werd:.....im sure that would have been pretty scary though at first, not knowing what the hell was going on!

chrisgushue
05-03-2003, 04:02 PM
man i woulda been sh*tting myself if i was you, at least the cop was nice about it and professional, didnt just accuse you and take u down

Sky
05-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Thats what happened......saw you pulled over........nice looking Probe :)

ConVict
05-03-2003, 05:48 PM
Good thing he didnt look in your ashtry and seen like 50 roaches . But at least you arnt in jail right now getting your ass streched.
Call me for beers :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
05-03-2003, 05:50 PM
shit, I woulda given you a ticket for something...anything, like blue lights or...driving a probe!! ;);) hahaha :rofl:

Seanith
05-03-2003, 08:10 PM
crazy story.

littledan
05-03-2003, 08:21 PM
wow... was the fatal accident on the news??

XylathaneGTR
05-04-2003, 02:16 AM
If its a fatal Accident, most likely...
Crazy story man...I woulda shat my pants...crazy

mwmhong
05-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Wow, pretty intense situation. :)

HRD2PLZ
05-04-2003, 01:04 PM
I've never seen another Probe like yours either...Maybe they got it mixed up with something else, like a 240 or soemthing? :dunno:

ZED_24
05-04-2003, 01:17 PM
wow, thats fucked up. he did do his job pretty professionally though. was it the hit and run that was on 17th like a week ago? :dunno:

92 Teg-B18A
05-04-2003, 01:52 PM
crazy, at least he didn't just snap and throw you in the back of the 'burban!
Hopefully they can find the people who were involved in that hit and run!

mikeR/T
05-04-2003, 05:57 PM
WOW

+AsiaN+
05-04-2003, 07:01 PM
whoa! long story but very interesting! Glad to know that cop was polite and u aint in jail

RiceCake
05-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Wow nice to know we have quite a few good cops in the city here. :clap:

Its always nice when things turn out for the better.

boosty
05-05-2003, 02:28 PM
On my way home from work, I seen your car that day pulled over on McKnight. That big ass Suburban had you pulled over totally tying up the slow lane right before 4th st. I think it is. I don't know you but it's cool to have found out what actually happened and nice looking car too, btw.