PDA

View Full Version : Whats your take?

nadroj23
10-25-2006, 10:17 AM
This is about the Ice fight what is your guys' take on this. Do you think they got what they should have? Do you think the dad that went and talked to the offcial should be charged? do you think these kids should play hockey again?

Link
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2006/10/25/2124173-sun.html

7thgenvic
10-25-2006, 10:27 AM
its a stupid situation to begin with. and the parents are equally as fucking stupid to get involved.

DUBBED
10-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Shows a lack of respect for the game... No they should never play hockey again, parents and fans that got involved should be charged, and the coachs should be suspended for the season for being fucking retards.

l8braker
10-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Funny to see nothing has changed within the Calgary hockey system. If you look at where these two teams are from its not surprising (Northeast and Southeast). When i used to play Pee Wee/Atom hockey there was always shit going on when we played teams from the NE/SE. The players on those teams were TRASH, Coaches were TRASH, Parents were TRASH, and even the Grandparents and family friends were TRASH. If they show these people on the news when they goto court you'll see for yourselves.

:drama:

mac_82
10-25-2006, 11:02 AM
reading the article it said NW Bruins / NE Canucks.

I knew it would involve a team from the NE. The NE was always the dirtiest to play against, from AA all the way to Junior.

:rofl:

Sprinter
10-25-2006, 11:08 AM
I hope the lineman that got injured is ok.. guy was just trying to help out a player & then he tries to stop a fight... what does he get for it...

fuckin stupid world we live in

Xtrema
10-25-2006, 01:05 PM
They should be banned for life. If they want to play hockey again, get out of town.

dennisaur
10-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
its a stupid situation to begin with. and the parents are equally as fucking stupid to get involved.

:werd:

ricefarmer
10-25-2006, 01:21 PM
anyone watch the series on CBC ending last weekend? a 8 or 9 part documentary on hockey in Canada and Ron Mclean put it best when he said the biggest problem with minor hockey is the idea that if you put enough money into your kid he will make it and you will be set for life.
and this is the drive behind all of these fucking lunatic hockey parents who go off the hook in a minor hockey game..... its pretty sad.

dezmarez
10-25-2006, 01:22 PM
hahaha
yoooooo this was my team...i play for canucks
the story has been blown huge!!
it was pretty crazy scene tho ill tell u that much

khtm
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
N.E. Calgary FTL.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Fucking bullshit. I was a hockey player and referee for many years, and the shit we had to put up with was ridiculous. So many trailer trash parents that think their little Timmy is the next Wayne Gretzky. I've had parents and coaches jump onto the ice and chase the refs around until security kicked them out of the building.

The saddest part is when little Timmy comes up to me after the game and apologises for how his mother/father was acting. You have feel bad for anyone who's getting pressured and hassled by their parents that much, when all they want to do is go out and have fun.

In this case, though, junior-level players should be mature neough to handle themselves. Tempers get high, yeah, but if you have half a brain you just walk away, especially after the game's over. I think the players and coaches should be suspended indefinitely, and whoever kicked the linesman should be banned from that arena (or any arena, for that matter) for life and charged with assault.

Toma
10-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Criminal charges on those directly involved, and 5 year suspension.

Coaches if deemed they did not act appropriately.... life long suspension.

dharminder
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Funny to see nothing has changed within the Calgary hockey system. If you look at where these two teams are from its not surprising (Northeast and Southeast). When i used to play Pee Wee/Atom hockey there was always shit going on when we played teams from the NE/SE. The players on those teams were TRASH, Coaches were TRASH, Parents were TRASH, and even the Grandparents and family friends were TRASH. If they show these people on the news when they goto court you'll see for yourselves.

This is some funny shit. I find it so funny how people are quick to label. Buddy there is trash in all 4 corners of Calgary. I play hockey and you know what I could sit here and say guys from the south are trash no respect for the game or guys from the NW but its equal there are dumb a$$ all around.

Tempers get high its all good, but when you start to kick people with your skate, or use other things as weapons then you just need to be banned from the sport.

Hope the ref is ok.

boopydogg
10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
i think a five year ban on all that ere in this and any of the parents that got involved they should be banned for life from any hocky rink in canada cause its one thing for players to have a stupid fight but parents are supposed to be the calm ones that help break it up. That being said its only the instigaters in the parents groups that should get a life ban not the ones that were forced to defend themselves

Reminds me of a story of a friend that i played hockey with his dad was a big tough cop and he was a bit of a geek but he was an ok defenceman but we played together in atom and thios kids father was always screamin at his kid the whole time that his kid was on the ice and one day he showed up to a game looking really sad and i asked what was wrong and he said that his dad had larnigites(cant spell) and i said hey thats a good thing right cause now he cant yell at you the whole game and he said no its bad cause his dad had borrowed a bullhorn from his detachment so that he could still yell at his son even though he had laryngitis

like how embaressing is that!

anyways all parents of hockey players should be locked in a room for a half hour before till a half hour after the game and just givin a tv to watch there kids game on

DoubleLP
10-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Those players and coaches should never play hockey again. That is the stupiest and dumbest shit I have ever heard.

As for the parents....I am not surprised they got involved but they should have kept there asses in the stands. There is absolutely no reason for them to do that.

However it is not just limited to hockey....all of the minor sports have shit like this happen. I remember when I was in Little League and I was about 13 and two parents started having an all out fist fight in the stands because one of the parents was heckling the other parents kid on the field.

I think the parents should have charges brought against them and so should the kids who were involved in the fight, and especially the one who knocked out the linesman.

Fucking bullshit. :guns: :guns: :guns:

l8braker
10-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by dharminder
This is some funny shit. I find it so funny how people are quick to label. Buddy there is trash in all 4 corners of Calgary. I play hockey and you know what I could sit here and say guys from the south are trash no respect for the game or guys from the NW but its equal there are dumb a$$ all around.

Tempers get high its all good, but when you start to kick people with your skate, or use other things as weapons then you just need to be banned from the sport.

Hope the ref is ok.

I'm just speaking from experince from my years in Hockey. Every game we played against a team from the NE, there were problems on ice, and off ice in the stands. My buddies had the same crap to deal with in their games. Coincidence?

Nothing is as interesting as seeing how the classless trailer trash in the NE stands raised their kids and the stunts they pull on/off ice. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Just calling it as i saw it :drama:

dezmarez
10-25-2006, 03:47 PM
its so funny cause i was there and saw this all happen
and its not as bad as the media is putting it
and i play for the NE
but i live in the north west
and the NW team had nothing to do with it really they were still on the ice when all the shit was going down
and our coach was on the bench still getting water bottles and all that when the brawl started
and it says there the ref got hit in the face with a skate
that didnt happen or else im sure he would be more seriously hurt or dead or something
when the paramedics came he got up and went to the ref room he wasnt transported to the hospital or anything
but i do admit it was stupid for the brawl to start but i bet don cherry is going to talk about this which is going to be crazy!!
but ya stop hating on the NE!!! haha

dezmarez
10-26-2006, 08:33 PM
the story has made national news
it was on tsn today
man oh man